Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: what are your quals??????

BL - physics 101 covers Newton's Laws (note the possessive apostrophe). Just in case you missed that class; those Laws are for objects in the physical world. Newton's Laws do not apply to ephemeral things like thoughts or writing or rules on writing.

Daoism? Please. Spiritual or philosophical teachings are now the basis for you discounting grammatical rules? I've heard of scraping the barrel before, but that's certainly a new one on me.

You really are the opposite side of the coin to most other people here:

People here seek knowledge.
    You seek validation of your crackhead opinions.

People here write from a position of knowledge.
    You write from a position of ill-informed and ill-formed opinions..

People here accept when they are wrong.
    You don't.

People here provide evidence for their p.o.v.
    You state you have evidence, tell everyone that you'll post it later, and then don't. Then you claim that you did.

With all of the above, if people here fail to do any of those things, they get called on it and they usually respond well. It's not nice being wrong, or having long-held opinions debunked, but most intelligent people prefer to know when they are wrong.
    You don't.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Re: Re: SEX SELLS!

Originally posted by blooming lotus

Ps: 7* :- no idea what you mean?? Being you haven't read our mails and haven't really spoken to me personally and don't
    really know what you're talking about, unless you want to clarify, I'm letting it drop.
    My "no you didn't" didn't apply to whatever you imagined happened between you and gene. It was in response to you providing links supporting your usage of the apostrophe.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Kaitain is correct.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

the laws of physics apply to the whole universe.

You can keep telling yourselves I don't know what I'm talking about despite my distinctions and test results , and it still doesn't make any of your denials or lack of understanding true. Some ppl just don't get it!

on the apostrophe that still doesn't matter :- charles' ( like there were more than one Charleses) and babies' hands both concur. Who ever offered , if you are going to persist, yes, pls do post the links.

7 * :- I think more to the point is what everyone else would like to imagine happened between Gene and myself. we've both said it was innoncent play ..... get over it juvies for freaks sake!

What a loon! Yes, the laws of physics apply to the physical universe. They do NOT however have the slightest effect ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE you f*cking FRUIT LOOP! How is it even possible that you are getting stupider with each passing day? You're just a bottomless, black pit of utter stupidity.

"yes, pls do post the links." Oh, you mean the same links that people have posted for your lame, stupid, dumb f*cking ass about 200 times already??! You moron!

As for your twisted fantasies about what you think went on between you & Gene, YOU are the one who went on and on (and on and on and...) about it in your desperate need for attention.

"Some ppl just don't get it!"
    And the sad part is you are that person. You're weak and mentally disabled. Seek professional help now before someone just runs you over in the street to make this world a better place.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

and quantum / metaphysics are physical aswell I believe your saying??

on going on and on:- I got pi*sed off and made 1 comment which you all in your desperate need for scandal, jumped all over!!

on the links :- no Cerebus, I mean the links I posted myself .

why are you such an as*hole anyway??? I'm sure you must be nice some of the time or are you just really bitter to be back in civys, or about what you saw when you weren't??
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 10-05-2004 at 04:18 AM.

Originally posted by cerebus
    Psssst, bl. Just a clue for ya': the laws of physics don't govern the English language. Thought you might like to know that. You're welcome (yet for all the knowledge I've dispensed to her, she's never yet thanked me. Go figure. ).
    I have it on very firm authority that giving pet names is a sign of respect, which could be a form of thanx. And BL's pet name for you seems to be "my personal cyber-stalker", or pretty close to that, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

You want US to post YOUR links? As in those imaginary links you keep saying you posted, but never did? Sorry but those are locked away in the freakin' trainwreck you call your mind. They never existed in objective reality, so there's no way for us to post them.

Quantum theory has many physical aspects and metaphysics isn't "physics" you dolt! It's philosophy! So perhaps you'd like to explain how ANY of those affects the English language in ANY FOCKING WAY? They don't, you stupid friggin' pig carcass!

Maybe we'll all get lucky and your plane will crash and kill you on your way back to Aus. I'm going to search Chinatown in San Fran for a practitioner of Chinese Black Magic to put a curse on your stupid azz! (As if just BEING you wasn't curse enough! ).
    Last edited by cerebus; 10-05-2004 at 05:14 AM.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

BL -
    on the apostrophe that still doesn't matter :- charles' ( like there were more than one Charleses) and babies' hands both concur. Who ever offered , if you are going to persist, yes, pls do post the links.
    http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/plurals.htm - a link that you might want to peruse at length.

It covers where your confusion probably comes from - about 3/4 of the way down there is a section entitled "Plurals and Apostrophes". You are still wrong, but at least you now have a link that shows where you picked up the mistake.

Please read it very carefully before replying - it does not indicate in any way, shape or form that you are right. There is a section further up that covers pluralisation of proper nouns (like Charles) - you'll find nothing there that supports your claim.

Lastly - the laws of physics do not apply to things like ideas, or the meaning of the written word. They do not have PHYSICal substance, therefore PHYSICS does not apply to them.

Cerebus,

"Quantum theory has many physical aspects and metaphysics isn't "physics" you dolt! It's philosophy! "

You crazy cop, quantum theory is an established branch of physics. Ever heard of quantum computing, or the uncertainty principal?

Kaitain(UK),

The truth behind physics is that it is 90% maths, for example Newtons Laws can be described in terms of partial differential equations or solved using geometry which is how Newton approached the matter. The very same classes of maths / equations can be applied to other fields other than the laws of motion.

What we know is that for a language to be successful, it must be able to be propogated in small bits and have the ability to evolve. We can use science to describe this process and simulate the survivability of languages using genetic algorithms - which mirrors physical processes such as mutation of bacteria to survive / adapt to a new environment (solution space).

We have many cultures and background coming on to the net, and each of us would use language and terms slightly differently. In this sense the Net language would evolve. You can simulate this through a computational framework. So I won't jude too harshly what BL is doing, in fact we should all push the boundries a little.

She was responding to me C'bus.

Eyebrows, here is the thread. Here is Serp's posting of your link. You got all excited about one particular example from that link. And again here. I corrected you but you ignored me. I tried again, but you ignored me again. I tried again and you finally seemed to get it. (Sick of posting links now) But then you went back to denying all evidence. The next few pages of the thread continue in the same vein.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

What we know is that for a language to be successful, it must be able to be propogated in small bits and have the ability to evolve. We can use science to describe this process and simulate the survivability of languages using genetic algorithms - which mirrors physical processes such as mutation of bacteria to survive / adapt to a new environment (solution space).
    What a load of bollocks.

Kaitain(UK),

You really have no idea do you.

Kaitain, he's a troll. Ignore him. His sole purpose is to get a reaction from you.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Toby,

You're an engineer. You of all people should know that quantum theory is not merely philosophy. I've corrected cerebus (your buddy) on this matter. Honestly how can you call this trolling?