Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Training to old age

Which was the point of my posts - hearing isn't the same as knowing, and in YM's case the hearing has been filtered through the hearing aids of his students.

We know for sure that he bested a young and inexperienced WSL, and that he did the same to Leung Sheung, who is supposed to have been good at CLF and Dragon style. But if that encounter (the latter) was as 'light' as the WSL one it would leave a lot to be desired.

Could YM fight? I'm sure he could. But it is still mind boggling that people today (who in so many instances speak of 'seeing/feeling skill' rather than just 'reading about it/talking about it') blindly accept some pretty tall stories on YM and his fighting "encounters".

Ridiculous

And for all the posts, I still haven't really felt convinced by any of the arguements which try and support (in a positive sense) the fact that YM didn't seem to have 'any' challenge fights in HK, despite the fact they (fights) happened frequently.

I guess it's not of enough importance (feeling convinced or lack there of) to keep me awake at night, but I can't help feel there are some dam.ned idiots in the Wing Chun community.
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

anyone can fight

you gauged his chi sau skill, not his fighting skill...you have gauged the fact that he has some of the attributes necessary to be a good fighter. you know he has the potential to be a good fighter...but you don't actually know that he is.

Aha, so you are saying that someone who has deveoped the attributes neccesary for fighting, but may not be able to fight? Just in case you don't know, for the wing chun fighter, the chisau skills deveoped are actual fighting attributes, and it's very much applicable in a real fight. I would argue that it's impossible not to be able to fight well once you have reach a very high state in your chisau. Unfortunately, and I don't mean to demean any group in particular, I have met very, very few practitioners that has reached a high standard.

In order to justify your statement, who do you personally know of that has reached a very high level in their chisau but can't fight?