Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Used martial arts in real situation !

"I've taken some serious lickings and I've witnessed the same happen to others".

Fortunately that's ALL that happened. Come on down to Oakland, CA. We have several murders (stabbings, shootings, etc) basically every month. Try to stop or apprehend a criminal down here and you'd better have your weapon drawn with the guy in your sights before you even make your presence known (yeah, even with the pettiest of crimes). A bit different from getting beat up.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Cerebus,

If there's one thing I respect about you is that you're a hard nose no nonesense cop. You're a cop through and through, you wake up a cop, go to sleep a cop. Infact, cop work is probably all you'll be good at, but you're probably very good at it. So well done - that's a compliment from me.

I agree with what you say. My commanding officer used to tell us. He says " When you engage an enemy, you hope for the best but prepare for the worse".

No, that's actually just confirmation that you've got your head up bl's arse. That's what THAT is.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

i've only made it through page 2 thus far, but i wanted to add that i have a buddy, who in a moment of paramount stupidity, was the criminal in question.

he had just moved into town, and was hurting for money as he hadn't found a job yet, but he was living with a friend and a roof and food wasn't in question. in fact it was cd's that he bought with the stolen credit card.

he was arrested at home, spent a couple weeks in jail, paid some fines, and earned some probation and community service. he learned his lesson and wouldnt even think about doing something like that today.

my point behind all of this was that had he been chased down and kneed in the face while being apprehended i doubt it would even be a story for him. if it was a story the knee to the face would be a minor detail. granted this dude is big and about as tough as they come, but i don't now anyone personally that would actually cry about getting a boot to the head under the circumstances. i know i wouldnt.

i understand that the punishment must fit the crime, but you also have to take responsibility for your own actions. if you run from a cop you have to accept that you might get beat up if he catches you. it sounds to me like the dude actually got off easy.
    where's my beer?

I actually agree with KL here.

The security guard probably was guilty of simple assault. The fact that he was a security guard doesn't mean **** - he might as well be a cashier or a janitor or a stripper. Although, there might be a line to get kneed in the face by strippers...
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by cerebus
    No, that's actually just confirmation that you've got your head up bl's arse. That's what THAT is.
    if you think your city, town, suburb is the only place this jazz happens, you are greatly deluded! Welcome to life in the real world where most of us don't have a badge to justify our misdemeanours to humanity.

bl, try reading the posts. You're just repeating something we all know already.

And what does your comment have to do with the post you're quoting me on? I was responding to your puppy dog talking like an eejit. Either house train him or keep him outside please. Thank you.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

just yet another example of your charcter , but let's stick to the discussion on this one ha

Typical. She goes wandering off all over the place and tries to tell ME to stay on topic. Your ignorance is showing bl, as always.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

but back to the topic....

Which is exactly where we were 'til you hopped on & derailed it... as usual.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Cerebus,

Are you guarding an empty warehouse today? If not, check the security cameras instead of the internet.

BL,

"if you think your city, town, suburb is the only place this jazz happens, you are greatly deluded!"

What you said makes lots of sense. People tend to think, it will happen to someone else and not them, so they don't take necessary precautions. In a physical confrontation, things happen very quickly and I don't think words can adequately describe the events on the forum. It is not so much the threat from the theif, but the percieved threat the security guard feels when he tries to apprehend the thief, Of course if you are highly trained, then maybe you have more options.

I see this situation similar to cooking pork, better to over cook then under cook.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Rogue-yep, one of the best jobs I ever had-all i did was hang out in the bookstores and read, and when they put me in mobile unit, I drove around listening to the radio-and gained a good ten lbs! I would open up at 7;30 have breakfast, hang out, and leave at 4;00 and open up my school in time for 4;30 class. I love gettin paid for doing nothing. But I could NOT stand that dang Smokey the Bear HAT! The only time I would put it on my head is if the Mall Mgr was walking around, or my boss. I used to carry an automatic extendable baton-cause my boss didnt know what it was-otherwise just mace and cuffs-and we really werent allowed to carry even those. Basically Mall Guards are there as a deterrant. and do not apprehend. However, we always were there as backup for Macy's and other sec'y guards. Basically, if a perp steals and the store mgr wants to detain him for police, we stand there in case the perp tries to attack the store owner, but if he wants to walk out, we basically hold the door open for them. This actually has never happened in my experience. Most of those guys would stay and wait for police like idiots.
    So Rogue...did I throw ya out of the mall when you were a kid?

TenTigers, I worked there too at Abraham & Strauss back in my college days, before McCrorys burned down. I restrained a shop lifter once and the security guys almost passed a brick. They were following him but the idiot lifted something right in front of me and thought I didn't notice. I confronted him in a friendly way and got him before he could run. The store security was on him within two or three seconds after me. They came back later and made it plain that I had nothing to do with it, I never grabbed the guy and I was just a bystander. Don't know what would have happened if I was called into court. I used to hang out with the girls working cosmetics. Remember Rabs and Ritchie Baratys(sp) place across the street? The Tally Ho diner?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.