Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Used martial arts in real situation !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Yeah, I remember Ritchie-after he closed his school we used to train at my school with him and some of his guys, then at Buttles. I was at his funeral-pity. He was very scientific in his approach to technique and what worked (for him) and what didn't.
    Here's a claim to fame...the guy who burned down McCrory's trained at my school. I met him at the job and he signed up. After the fire,(before he was caught) we were all sitting on the floor of my school stretching, and bull***ing, and I tend to joke around (you? No. Really?) so I say,
    "Y'know...Charles, YOU are always the FIRST one to arrive every time there's a fire."
    "Ya' know...Charles......they said that the fire was started by a cigarette...........YOU smoke cigarettes, right Charles?"
    We're all alughing, and Charles is sitting there laughing, but that nervous weird kinda laughing,kinda looking around. Well, that week, he confessed. I like to think in some way, I was instrumental to his confession. He supposedly cracked under the pressure of interrogation, and he had said he was really hungry and they didn't give him any lunch. Frankly, it waould take more than me not getting a ham samich to make me confess to 2nd deg. murder. Now, funny bones, totally different story. I would kill for a funny bone and glass of milk.
    Hey Rogue, there was a real hot blonde bombshell who used to work in A&S, and she had a kinda skeevy boyfriend. Do you remember her?Kinda Dolly Partonish, Always dressed to the nines, fmp's, the works.

No DP types when I was there, but there were some really fun hotties. Must have been around '84, '85 when I worked there. My wife and I were engaged back then so my chasing hotties was a thing of the past by then. I do remember a gal named Stacy. I remember meeting Ralph Maccio at A&S, and Jerry Cooney too. Wussie factor here but we used to work out at Lucille Roberts, I think we paid $100.00 for two years. Rabs was nuts and my wife didn't like it. Those were fun days for me. I was just up there this summer for some beach, sailing and eating. Can't believe Northport movie theater is closed. Lotta cheap dates there.

Where was your school?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    My school was at that time on New York Ave, in the heart of "Little ElSalvador", we moved down into the village for about 4 years, but it was a mistake-it might have been a nicer area, but there was no parking and way too expensive. Right now I'm on Depot Rd. in a "fringe" area, above a laundramat-bigger location, plenty of parking, cheap rent, and totally accessable. If yuo're ever in the area, feel free to drop by.

Ten Tigers, Were you close to Saint Hughs? The Rose and Thistle was our meeting place. Sunday breakfast at Saviaros. I used to know where Depot road is but I can't remember now. **** I was up in that neck of the woods this summer. Wish I knew where your school is. What style do you teach?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Allow me to make a very politically incorrect statement -- Rodney King DESERVED to get beaten by the LAPD. He was loaded on PCP, the "high" still in his veins. King refused to pull over when ordered NUMEROUS times by the police, then resisted arrest when taken down. I believe, though, that the police used the incorrect amount of force on the guy -- THEY SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM, instead. Rodney King was given the tazer, but he kept coming. Shows you just how focked up Mr. King was. Sure, he won the lawsuit and it got him millions. BUT, you DON'T enable a monster to be an even bigger monster than he already is! Now, King is broke as a joke -- the millions spent, the family torn asunder, racism's poster boy Rodney King currently lives on the street (if he's not in jail).