Thread: Tang Lang Weaponry

Question Tang Lang Weaponry

Following on from another thread . What are the weapons used in the Northern Tang Lang system ? and which forms are the best ?

I dont think there could be one best weapon. A person is better with a weapon which fits his/her particular body type or even that persons preference. That is one reason that there are so many different types of weapons.

It is always always a good idea to try to perfect the main four, Staff, Broad sword, straight sword, spear and go from there.

Re: Tang Lang Weaponry

Originally posted by FEELERSTRIKE
    ... and which forms are the best ?
    Tang Lang has numerous weaponry some lines contain more kinds of weapons than others however the majority would agree that staff, sword and spear are minimal requirements of traditional Tang Lang.

Each of our classic weapons forms provides an excellent foundation and reference for both similar and dissimilar weapons in our inventory. There is also a clear gradation, a successive progression.

For example the short stick provides excellent preparation for broadsword yet has no shortage of techniques for the short stick. When practicing the broadsword you are indirectly honing your skills with the short stick and vice versa (I find this useful as I carry short sticks in my car but not swords ).

The staff forms are excellent and are filled with numerous techniques yet are foundational for the spear forms. When practicing the spear forms you are indirectly honing your skills with the staff.

Also remember that our weapons forms and the study of weaponry in Tang Lang also provide us with extended context for our hand forms.

I cannot say that one form (ergo weapon) is better or more useful than another in our system. Those that I practice I have come to appreciate in the highest esteem for their specific characteristics and for that which they uniquely add to Tang Lang.

Best regards,
    UM.

urso

Do you have a short stick form?

I have a short stick form that i learned while training in chinbwoo/eagle claw. I was just trying to get some info on this type of form since the one I have is the only one that i have ever come accross.

Thanks

Originally posted by sayloc
    urso

Do you have a short stick form?

I have a short stick form that i learned while training in chinbwoo/eagle claw. I was just trying to get some info on this type of form since the one I have is the only one that i have ever come accross.

Thanks
    Hello Sayloc,

Yes we have two short stick forms easy to remember names 'Single Stick' and 'Double Sticks'.

Great forms, numerous excellent techniques.

Best regards,
    UM.