Thread: Good morning?

Good morning?

Dunno what one is.

Do an exercise in my mma class which is dropping to the floor, splaying your legs out on tip-toes, pressing the hips to the floor, and looking up at the ceiling before jumping staright back up into stance. Lots of times. And wiith legs angled to the left and then to the right, from left stance and from right stance, and with the left knee bent and the right, and both straight.

Is this a good morning? If not, what is it?

It hurts.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

"hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

That'll be completely different then.

What am I doing?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Originally posted by Mat

What am I doing?
    Sounds like you're practicing sprawls.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by Mat

What am I doing?
    Hmmm. Sounds like a cross between a hindu/divebomber pushup and a sprawl. My guess is that it's designed to build strength and explosiveness while getting the feel for sprawling.

Sounds like an interesting exercise.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Yeah, that's what it's for all right, just wondering if it had a name...!

'Interesting'?! Depends if you like looking at ceilings in a violent manner!!! Bloody hurts and springing back up into stance after is bloody difficult... give it a go!

I did! I'm thinking of doing it more often, but then again, I'm kinda masochistic like that!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Yeah it's good eh?! The jump up is difficult isn't it? My instructor's like a cat... well a 5'5" 78kg of muscle cat. With tatoos.

Then getting back down hurts. If it doesn't, you're not doing it quickly enough.

We do it at the start of the groundwork class, sometimes at the end of a 1.5 hr boxing session. 30 times, fast. Then we actually shoot and sprawl. Sometimes we get a break after it. Stupid game.

I just had another go to do 30 and compare it with your workout. I didn't find the jump up a problem before, but the last 5 or 6 reps to 30 started to really make me wish I stopped at 20!

Yeah, it's the same as anything else I guess. If you concentrate on form... really pressing your hips into the floor, really splaying your legs out, really looking at the ceiling, really jumping uup into stance... it really hurts!