Thread: kunmudo

kunmudo

anybody heard about this korean martial art?
    investing in loss...

nej
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yah i did this style whiles ago, Korean swordsmanship if i'm not mistaken. Really similar to Kendo with some slight differences. I'll post up more info when I can.
    Amithaba

Yah i did this style whiles ago, Korean swordsmanship if i'm not mistaken. Really similar to Kendo with some slight differences. I'll post up more info when I can
    yes please tell us more
    i saw that kunmudo have weyponless forms, it seems like taijiquan, do they have push hands too?
    its seems done with music, is it more of a dance or meditative sword forms like taiji?

thanks
    investing in loss...

Hmm from your description I think it might be something else than Kumdo. I think what you saw was Hwarangdo. I did kumdo for a couple years and have not done empty hand forms. It's more like an "external" style, really similar to Kendo. I'm thinking it was Hwarangdo because it can be consider as both an external & internal art. They have forms that resemble taiji. You have any more info on where you saw this at??
    Amithaba

no, i'm talking about
    kunmudo
    no kumdo, that's different

look here

http://www.parandeul.co.kr/kunmudo..htm
    investing in loss...

LoL oooh i thought it was a typo in there. LoL forget everything i said.
    Amithaba