Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Name all your forms and styles...

Wow! This thread was posted some time ago and it is interesting to look at all hte different styles represented on this forum! I have, since my last post, learned a bit more of Black Tiger that I now incorporate in my daily training.

I've finished the advanced Staff form
    Advanced Gung Lik Kuen

And I have been working diligently on Toisan Hak Fu Teet Huen Da Kuen. This is an Iron Ring form that my teacher was kind enough to share with myself and another student. I have never trained with these things before but man, this is a brutal form! I'm curious, for you guys with all the forms, are they all for fighting or do some involved meditation, iron body/iron ring use, strength developing? I've heard some styles that neglect these things and I am curious if you don't regularily practice this, what is your supplementation? Is that something built into the system?
    Have a good day!
    A unique snowflake

ShuaiChiao:

My sifu was Lee Koon Hung. Were you at Wah Lum in Orlando or Boston because I know SiBaat brought him over to teach seminars from time to time. If I remember correctly he taught Siu Moi Fah, Sup Gee Kow Dah, Hok Ying Kuen and Ping Kuen at various times.

As far as your main CLF sifu I have not heard of him from your spelling of his name it looks like a mandarian name and I am used to cantonese spelling. Would it be Wong, Siu-Dang? Do you know who his sifu was and where is he currently located?

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash
    Indeed. Isshinryu has the 5 Shorin, the 2 Goju, and the one Isshin form, the Isshin of course developed by Shimabuku. My school works in the order I listed, so we don't get to skip none. Oh, well.

Mind if I ask who your Isshin instructor was?
    hey Vash.

My Isshin teacher was Sensei Jean Paul St.Pierre

He returned to Quebec after training me for four years in the late 1970's.
    From what I hear, he is now living in Tonate in French Guiana.
    Very cool guy. he knew more than just the Isshin school and was also adept at savate, other styles of Karate and even some Kungfu. He learned his stuff over more than 10 years in Okinawa, Japan and south east asia. When he Learned Isshin, it was a relatively new style on it's own, but as we both know it is a combination of Goju and Shorin styles with the one Isshin kata and the experience of the founder making it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole
    ShuaiChiao:

My sifu was Lee Koon Hung. Were you at Wah Lum in Orlando or Boston because I know SiBaat brought him over to teach seminars from time to time. If I remember correctly he taught Siu Moi Fah, Sup Gee Kow Dah, Hok Ying Kuen and Ping Kuen at various times.
    I trained wah lum in Quincy with Chan Pui's brother Nelson. I meet master Lee a couple of times when he was up for the anniversary shows and he hung out with us at a couple of tournaments. John Leungs tournement in seatlle, one of Wai Hong's student's tournement in cleavland, and one other time but I forget which one.

As far as your main CLF sifu I have not heard of him from your spelling of his name it looks like a mandarian name and I am used to cantonese spelling. Would it be Wong, Siu-Dang? Do you know who his sifu was and where is he currently located?

Peace.
    I'm not sure on the conversion. He learned some stuff from his father, some stuff from a master Chui, and he also mentioned a master Eng a few times. Not sure which one taught which style though. The reason I stopped training with him was becuase he retired from teachung publicly back in 1990. He tuaght a few of his senior students privately until 92 then he moved to live with his duaghter in Vancover.

I was at both the Seatle and Cleveland tournaments so I might know you if I saw you. Both of those tournaments were in 1995 if I remember correctly.

I was at both the Seatle and Cleveland tournaments so I might know you if I saw you. Both of those tournaments were in 1995 if I remember correctly.
    Probably. I have a lot of both tourney's on video. What do you look like and what forms did you do?

I had on a black silk/satin uniform with the sleeves rolled up. I completed in intermediate in both tournaments although I had just over 1 years experience. In Cleveland I took 1st in Southern Hand (Tuet Tsin Kuen), Long Weapon (Moi Fah Sup Sam Cheung) and Short Weapon (Fu May Dan Do).

In Seatle I took 1st in Long Weapon (same as previous), 3rd in short weapon (same as previous) and 1st in 2-Man Weapon (Moi Fah Chak Kwun), although winning this was a joke in my opinion because our form wasn't as difficult as some others but some judge liked it. Hand form I competed Siu Ping Kuen; however I should have done something else since I hadn't known it long enough. You make stupid mistakes when your young.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 04-14-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Ok I study Liu He Zi Ran Men, forms are as follows:

Liu He Training : Empty Hand Forms

Small Liu He Form
    Liu He Form
    Black Tiger Form
    Son and Mother Form
    Green Dragon Form

Liu He Weapons Forms :

Eight Immortals Sword
    Golden Phoenix Single Wing Saber
    Nine States Cudgel
    24 Golden Spear
    Hacking Forest Double Straight Sword
    Two Man Fighting Form

Liu He Mantis:
    7 or 8 forms and weapons

Xing Yi

And then there is Liu He Bagua/64 hand

The 64 Hand fighting technique a combat style developed by
    Liu De Kuan, the great grand master of the Shaolin Liu He system.
    It combines the essence of Xing Yi, Liu He and Bagua form into a
    sequence of 8 by 8 'hands' or fighting techniques.

Master Liu De Kuan is a famous figure in the history of Chinese
    Martial Arts. Due to his exceptional talents with the spear, he was well
    known as the 'Genius Spear Liu'. Master Liu De Kuan was also a student
    of the legendary master Dong Hai Chuan, and a friend of Xing Yi
    master Li Chun Yi.

And also

Cheng Shi Ba Gua Zhang

There are Zi Ran Men forms but they are only passed onto disciples (dam it) and there is also Zi Ran Men Tai Chi.
    Within the Zi Ran Men side of things there are loads of technques and only a few forms.

Last edited by Blacktiger; 04-14-2005 at 07:54 PM.

I had on a black silk/satin uniform with the sleeves rolled up. I completed in intermediate in both tournaments although I had just over 1 years experience. In Cleveland I took 1st in Southern Hand (Tuet Tsin Kuen), Long Weapon (Moi Fah Sup Sam Cheung) and Short Weapon (Fu May Dan Do).

In Seatle I took 1st in Long Weapon (same as previous), 3rd in short weapon (same as previous) and 1st in 2-Man Weapon (Moi Fah Chak Kwun), although winning this was a joke in my opinion because our form wasn't as difficult as some others but some judge liked it. Hand form I competed Siu Ping Kuen; however I should have done something else since I hadn't known it long enough. You make stupid mistakes when your young.
    I'll have to dig out the tapes and have a look. I was bouncing back and fourth from the northern and southern rings so I'm not sure what I got. I know in Seattle there was one spanish guy from Lee Koon Hung's group that I taped. There was so much clf there I'm not sure who was with who. Tat Mua Wong had a big group there and another school was there too. Did you guys have a blond guy with a blue uniform in your group? He did tiger taming braodsword. I thought he was with your group. In Cleveland did you go to the grand opening of the new wah lum school in the area after the tournement. I know Mastyer Lee was there with a couple students. I have a group picture from that somewhere.