Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seaching For Lama Style Vcd

Originally posted by lamakwoklee
    CharlesDaCosta,

My initial contact with the Tibetan-Chinese Martial Arts "establishment", has lead me to believe that I should keep my own cousel, and go my own way. Thank you for your advice.

LKL

Good Luck !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Study and practice seriously. Training has no boundaries. Seek ye first wisdom, and all things shall be added.

There's just nothing positive that can come from further commentary.

LKL
    Last edited by lamakwoklee; 11-26-2004 at 10:14 PM.

Sir,

I trusted to luck. We see the result of that! I asked for TCMA, but I got so much more. Now I know what to be wary of. Now I know what to accept, and what to reject. Better to be enlightened from the begining.

Eventually I'll achieve my goals in the TCMA, and I'll do it owing nothing to those who renegue on their words, and talk circles around their lack of integrity, by spouting fortune cookie philosophy.

LKL

Sir,

I trusted to luck. We see the result of that! I asked for TCMA, but I got so much more. Now I know what to be wary of. Now I know what to accept, and what to reject. Better to be enlightened from the begining.

Eventually I'll achieve my goals in the TCMA, and I'll do it owing nothing to those who renegue on their words, and talk circles around their lack of integrity, by spouting fortune cookie philosophy.

LKL
    I have a feeling that you are letting your hunger get the best of you. I am sorry to think this, and forgive me if I am wrong. But if I am right, please listen.

First, understand that your approach is abnormal to the most members of the system. Those that are fighters would think that you want to steal the secrets so that you can use them against them. Those that are into fighting will think you have not earned the right to learn them (this can be so extreme that some teachers have two versions of a form – one for demonstrations and the other is the original form).

Also, if you are not trained in the basics, or are extremely good and diversified in other similar kung fu styles, a VCD of the forms would be a waste of your time (if you really want to learn them).

I had a similar problem. I was after a document that my teacher told me about. It described most of the principles Ng Su Ching (Misspelling) used to describe white crane. I had hoped to get a copy and make an English translation public for all to see (I considered it sad that if you could not understand Chinese, 90% of the principles you would never get).

I found out that some one in CA (USA) had a copy -- and it was even translated into English. This made me extremely happy because I just assume the guy would have shared my desire. So I thought he would just send it COD. But he refused to send it to me, because he did not know me personally and he considered the document a relic. Yes this made me a little sad, but I know that this is how people tend to be with things they value.

I also found a guy in the Philippines with an un-translated version, he sent it, but neither one of us could read it; and all the Chinese I asked could not translate it either (it is in an old form of Chinese). Now I understood why my instructor was not interested in the document and did not care to send it.

I approached the American again to see if he would change his mind. He "could not". I had to accept this and move on. This took effort because anger and regret kept trying to hunt me.

A friend told me that I had no right to be anger, unless I believed others had no right to say "no" to me. I thought about this for a while. In Buddhism, this kind of thinking is a sin, a stain on the character.

Now, I also appreciate the man who said no, because he helped to expose a side of me I needed to work on. This is the essence of all Buddhist martial arts, including The Lions Roar. We are ruthless (with the self), unending in our attack (on mental stains), …, because Buddha nature is the only real goal to us.

Originally posted by CharlesDaCosta
    I have a feeling that you are letting your hunger get the best of you. I am sorry to think this, and forgive me if I am wrong. But if I am right, please listen.

First, understand that your approach is abnormal to the most members of the system. Those that are fighters would think that you want to steal the secrets so that you can use them against them.

Those that are into fighting will think you have not earned the right to learn them (this can be so extreme that some teachers have two versions of a form – one for demonstrations and the other is the original form). .
    Good Grief! What century is this? Come on, afraid of stealing fighting secrets to use them against them. Stop drinking the paranoid flavor coolaid!

The guy wants to learn Lama.
    Either tell him no (and why), or teach him. What's he going to do?...Tell the whole world all of the Lama secrets? Sorry, this is getting a little too comic bookish.

Originally posted by SiuHung
    Good Grief! What century is this? Come on, afraid of stealing fighting secrets to use them against them. Stop drinking the paranoid flavor coolaid!

The guy wants to learn Lama.
    Either tell him no (and why), or teach him. What's he going to do?...Tell the whole world all of the Lama secrets? Sorry, this is getting a little too comic bookish.
    I think your right but that is what I have been told.

CharlesDaCosta,

You strike me as being an honorable man. I can't say the same for all those whom I've encountered in the TCMA orbit. The person who told you that old B.S. might be the same one who renegued on an offer he made to me, or denied his identity, and pretended to be a secretary on the telephone. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt.

LKL
    Last edited by lamakwoklee; 11-29-2004 at 12:32 PM.

CharlesDaCosta,

You strike me as being an honorable man. I can't say the same for all those whom I've encountered in the TCMA orbit. The person who told you that old B.S. might be the same one who renegued on an offer he made to me, or denied his identity, and pretended to be a secretary on the telephone. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt.

LKL
    in this day of mma holding secerets is kinda lame...however i can see why wouldn't want to teach secerets as look at the paulie zink/monkey king issue...that is still using the secerets against one....all the frauds out there claiming shiat off copying your forms etc

i mean back in the day under imperial rule or whatever a sifu could be charged if his student committed murder...nowadays one has to worry about the frauds trying to murder they styles reputation...so secerets still hold