Thread: I have a gut. How can I get rid of it?

I have a gut. How can I get rid of it?

I was wondering if we could discuss what ab exercises can be used to get rid of that gut. I eat healthy, no junk food and never too much food. But I've still got that gut.

What are some good ab exercises that I can do daily?

Can someone supply some good links to pictures on how to do them the right way?

I want to loose this gut as soon as possible and have about an hour each day to play with. What kind of a workout should I do.?All of you with abs of steel: What does your workout consist of? Thanks guys.

From what I know (and I could be wrong), ab exercises aren't neccesarily going to burn the fat off your gut. You just have to burn the fat out of your gut by exercising and dieting.

reggie is correct. ab exercises will simply strengthen your abs and little more. the fat that hides your abs is what you need to target, not the ab muscles specifically. what you need to do is change your diet and exercise your whole body on a regular basis.

think of it this way: fat is simply stored fuel. our bodies are wired to store it in cases of famine, etc. -- whoever had the best stores and was able to use them most efficiently was more likely to survive.

in modern times, even though YOU know that the likelihood of you going through a famine is pretty low, your body hasn't picked up on this.

now to the point -- if fat is fuel, the only solid way to get rid of it is to burn it. that means:

1. intense cardio exercise
    2. strength training to build up your muscles so they can burn that fuel even when you're not working out.

this may sound like a bit much, so keep it simple. drink lots of water throughout the day, go jogging/biking/swimming/hiking/etc. a few times per week, and do some basic strength exercises like pushups/bench, squats, pullups, etc.

try this workout for a bit http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml
    it's simple, can be done well within your hour time slot (with time for a shower after) and is easily adaptable. once you're used to this one, move on to some of the other workouts listed.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Rub the buddha is right.

also a good thing for your diet is to include alot of fiber and water i mean alot of water.

water helps the body digest and get rid of toxins and helps break up fat deposits.
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

quite right.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

walk jog run move sweat swim. do forms many times over.
    hit a punching bag, for a long time.
    Bryan Davis

try everything up above first...but...

if you're already pretty fit and your gut sticks out even though you're not fat, try practicing the vacuum every now and then. i read a good article about it a while back and if i come across it again i'll post it.
    ________
    ****ing Tubes
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.

When I was in training before my service, I had the same problem, despite my exercise routine. I guess I just wasn't working hard enough to burn all my energy stores because the carbs I was eating, despite them be healthful grains etc, we'ren't being used , and so coverted to fat I couldn't burn for the life of me.

A tight and lean mid section often takes yrs of work to trim, but if you don't continue, you'll never get there.

Less bread, and more pounding on the treadmill.

(It was those sourdough pretzels and Indian food for me. Man, I miss them.)
    Not a shi-fu, just a pifu.