Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Roots

My own theory is that Larry, Curly amd Moe
    invented wing chun when they saw a fight between a rake and a train.

You know Joy I think you are right. lol.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com

Originally posted by Vajramusti
    Two good fairly clear posts Hendrik- doesnt have to be a can of worms or involve personal attacks.... regarding those two posts in answering Joe Doe..

Joy,

That can leads to my new Model and theory of SLT ---- MDX or Multi-Dimentional Execution Model.

This is a model I have been working at for a while and believe it can model and explain alots about SLT and its training. both big picture and specifics in the sametime.

With MDX one can see why Wing Chun Kuen is simple and effective to learn. also with MDX one can see Why in the old time people said SLT is easy to learn difficult to master.

It is a simple but usefull model or tools to open up one's "view or vision" once it was explain.

the concept is IE: similar to if one draw a ball in a one dimention it becomes a straight line, two dimentional it becomes a circle, three dimentional it be a ball, four dimentional it becomes a rotational ball. etc.

So, with MDX one "sees" the reality more closely then the usual one dimentional view.

This is an integrated model which synthesis lots of 'stuffs' into one simple view. So the shape, momentum, jing (power), intention, attention, Awareness of Living in Now all can come to one simple view to serve to be able to "know" about training/applications. in a simple, direct, and crystal clear manner.

this MDX model, some how turn out to be parallel with the view on integration that Ken Wilber present in someway. http://wilber.shambhala.com/html/int...yid%2C68220461

strange stuffs. it seems that those ancestors of Wing Chun Kuen from the past Red Boat area or whoever design the SLT has great insight.

seems that all the thinkers of the past and present, even Ken influence me on the way how i look at SLT. who knows?

The knowledge of the ancient ancestors which is a multi-dimentional can only be revealed with multi-dimentional. we might not have the platform or based to accept it and carry out its full potential. Not to mention, the reality is a co-existance of multi-mulit dimentional ---- the lotus of thousand pedal. See if we can transcent people there in our generation, next generation? who knows?

Then, at that time, the main question will very likely no longer XYZ style or ground, sky,.. fight...etc. But how many dimentions does one have master and full control? That is where the MDX attemp to transport the traveller or some one comes later to build a even better model then MDX to complete the mission of transportation.

let the sky opened up ,the mountains disappeared, the seas run dry, the sun refused to rise, the earth reclaims its due.... and one lives in the view of the lotus of thousand pedals. But then, how to generate to energy to get up there, pure conscious type of understanding dont have the capability for the transportation to do that.
    The future is as important as the past or the root, but we can only live in now. that is where the energy of transportation come from and that called for Zen's satori.

So, we have Localization Evolution Theory or LET. Multi-Dimentional eXercution model or MDX as tools now.

It is my view that Wing Chun Kuen will enter the Multi-dimentional paradigm shift. So, there is not need for making his-story, claim originality/olderst, claim of pure blood line to be great. because those consciousness is scarcity consciousness which bring unhappiness and battle and war and very old tribal like, and eliminating others.

But, instead, WCners can putting real work into the Multi-dimentional paradigm where sky wide is the limit. Thus, everyone has a chance and can be a Wing Chun stars of the future based of the wide domain we are entering in. That is about prosperity and abudant conscious that everyone will benifit at the end since everyone can be inspired and product great work to benifit others.

So, what is/ does MDX got to do or where it is place with MMA? some might ask. MDX's domain include MMA. Because MDX's goal goes deeper or beyond labering , and probe directly into the most effective way of pure physical shape/structure, momentum, energy manuval without labeling. IMHO.

MDX in action
    http://www.acura.com/models/model_in...ule=mdx&bhcp=1
    imagine to have one of this electonics 4 wheel drives for the journey!
    How relax and ease one will be travelling.

That is the idea of hendrik's MDX 2004. make the traveller stress and pressureless.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 10-07-2004 at 09:45 AM.

Hey Hendrik,

Sounds like Gibran! =)
    ---------------------------------------
    And a man said, "Speak to us of Self-Knowledge."

And he answered, saying:

Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.

But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.

You would know in words that which you have always know in thought.

You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.

And it is well you should.

The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea;

And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.

But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;

And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.

For self is a sea boundless and measureless.

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."

Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."

For the soul walks upon all paths.

The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.

The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

Paul H sez-

The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals
    ---------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about me?
    Joyotpaul= Conjugation in sanskrit of Joy+Utpal=
    The victorious lotus- not the blooming lotus who has been banned from kfo.

The lotus blooms in the midst of muck and the plum flower blossoms in rough terrain and all seasons.

Wing chun is poetic enough for me even without Gibran or starry starry nights <g>

WC is poetry enough! One finds joy always in poetry! =D Gotta run!

With MDX one can see why Wing Chun Kuen is simple and effective to learn.
    Not from that "explanation', one can't.

What the world needs, another TLA
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

MDX. TLA---
    I am lost!

TLA - three letter acronym

MDX - nonsense
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

"My own theory is that Larry, Curly amd Moe
    invented wing chun when they saw a fight between a rake and a train."

Don't like the rake's chances ...

Originally posted by anerlich

MDX - nonsense

1, the Acura MDX is one of the best selling and best perform SUV.
    it is a REAL "Sense"!

2, the Hendrik's MDX 2004 you have never even seen it yet.

so, why critic what you have never seen yet?

arent you the one checking to make sure every spellling/title qoute details of others and make sure if one's spelling is incorrect the whole context and everything is wrong?

or , Oh you dont take your own advise but expect others to be perfect!

oh, probably you are a profet (sp?) who can profesized (sp?) the future or read mind? similar to the false profet(sp?)
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 10-07-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Please realize that the legend of the 5 elders is just that......a legend. It is equivalent to the western legends of King Arthur and his Knights of the Roundtable or Robin Hood and his Merry Men.

Keith

Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
    The 5 Grandmasters; Ng Mui was a Buddhist nun of the Sil Lum temple of Mountain Shung of Honan. Style: Rat Step Ping Plum Flower Fists. Fung Do-Duck, a Taoist, and an expert of the internal systems. He was from Mo-Dong, of the northern area. Bak Mei, founder of the White Eyebrow system. He was originally from Mountain Aw-Mei-Sze Chuan. Miao Hin. Famous for his Buddhist lifestyle, he was originally from Mountain Bai-Pai of Kweog-Si. Jee Seen, the founder of the Hung style. Jee Seen was also the founder of the Evergreen style. In fact most of the southern styles of Kung Fu today especially those of the Fu-Kien were either related to or influenced by Jee Seen. And he was also responsible for the introduction of the famous Sil Lim long pole techniques into the Wing Chun repertoire. All of these masters were apart of Shaolin temple. When the Manchurians learned the fighting way of Shaolin. That’s when they (five grand masters) took all of their systems and put them all together, and since the Manchu’s learned the long fist of Shaolin, the five grandmasters only used the short range system of Shaolin.
    And there it is Wing Chun the system.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com

Wow I had no ideal that the history of the red boat was not true. See there, you learn stuff everyday. Could you help me out with the truth? I’ll like that a lot. Thank you.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Once again, we can trace part of the cause of this problem back to Yip Man. I've heard two different stories about Yip Man and his recollections of WC's lineage and history. The first one has Yip being approached by a reporter in Hong Kong writing a article about Martial Arts and he wanted a history of WC from Yip. Yip told him to make it up and let him see it before it is published. The second story involves Yip and maybe Wang Kui(Ray will know) making up the history so people would know. Is this another example of a great teacher? The more I think about it the more it seems that Yip at times didn't really care about what was said about Wing Chun or they way it was represented to the public.

Personally I believe that WC was created by more than one person. Its too sophisticated to have been created by one person, and also someone else alone seperate from the WC clans would have duplicated that by now. I also believe that each Grandmaster of each era made that art better and improved it along the way. Yip Man changed it, and so has my Sifu as compared to the way he was taught it, and others on this forum mention the same about their own teachers too. So I think it is a natural progression with anything that has been passed down through time.

James
    Last edited by sihing; 10-08-2004 at 08:32 AM.

Give up on wing chun folks.

Its broke beyond repair!!!