Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wing Chun Roots

Thank you for your opinions, Tony.

Your talent for psychology is exceeded only by your gambling prowess.

Have a wonderful day - an unusual phenomenon for you, I imagine!

Last edited by anerlich; 10-14-2004 at 04:38 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Andrew,
    Inagination is one thing your post are always lacking, there is a difference between love thyself and infatuted with one self. Who you got writing your material these days anyway hendrik, cause he will be quick to point out you forgot

...and you too have a most pleasant evening down under imagining what might have been.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Who you got writing your material these days anyway hendrik
    Judging from the wholesale abuse of spelling, grammar and syntax in your posts, I assumed he was *your* ghostwriter.

and you too have a most pleasant evening down under imagining what might have been
    Thanks, but I have a wonderful wife, job, pets, rolled BJJ with friends for an hour before work today, plus my favorite show (The Glass House on ABC-TV) is on TV tonight. I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the most beautiful country in the world. It's a beautiful, warm, sunny day outside.

And, in AUS, it's Friday!

I don't need to imagine what might have been - I'm living it.

Hope you get there one day, though you'll need to lighten up a bit to do so.

Keep up that guff about my egotism and self infatuation (note spelling, always happy to help), you can see that's really getting under my skin

"cause he will be quick to point out you forgot "

I prefer

Last edited by anerlich; 10-14-2004 at 10:11 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Thumbs down How Fun!

Originally posted by anerlich
    ... but by people who train in groups, and share and try out their best techniques against friends and competitors alike, and this finding out what works empirically, rather than just theoretically.
    Competitors are apparently the ones that convince a certain kind of "thinker" that something actually works in real life.

Reality is not confined by the tournament stage...
    HFY used in San Shou (full contact)

But HFY works just fine in and out of the ring...
    HFY Gong Sau Fighter

Glad to see my fan club is still going, though I'm hoping for a few less teenyboppers in the future.
    It's flat out embarrassing to watch you fill yourself up; making it sound like the HFY clan is your exclusive fan club.

And "Teenybopper?" Just how old do you think I am???

You need to ask the people that adminster it, I had nothing to do with setting it up, but if its only successful function is to annoy overly serious young insects such as yourself, that's fine with me.
    So now I'm bugging you, and you're disassociating yourself from your peers by referring me elsewhere (avoidance). Bad History? Apparently you don't even know where your kung fu comes from. Refer back to the Hung Suen link on your Sig line, and if you get confused there are a few articles I can refer you to about Cheung Ng and Hung Gun Biu. Perhaps then we can have a mature discussion for a change.

1. Your junior seems to have some problems with anger and ideas of reference indicating paranoia. Perhaps you are right in suggesting "It's connected deeply to the fear response.".

2. He chose to assume my general comments about the history and philosophy of science as it applies to MA were directed at him or your group specifically, and responded with personal attacks on my academy's website and myself.

3. Such frothing at the mouth does not worry me unduly, as it indicates the person has no facts or logic and thus needs to resort to personal attack, the mark of a poor and troubled intellect.

4. Plus he seems to have some strange obsession with playing cards. Is this gambling related?

5. Whoops, he seems to have problems with women also.
    1. Anger and paranoia? Wow, now your getting somewhere. Un/fortunately, it's further from the truth... Your labels on me are a reflection of that which you reject, and those labels serve one function: to make it easier to accept the things you have passed poor judgement on.

2. Your "general comments" are poorly veiled, where phrases like 'theoretical science' and 'shaolin caves' and 'secret disciples' and "fixed formula which cannot be improved upon" (whom we all know these comments on THIS forum) have frequently been equated to the lineage I come from. Do you think I am that stupid?!?!? Your coy act at playing innocent is a sad one. And as far as personal attacks go, speak for yourself. You give me a reason to acknowledge you.

3. "Frothing at the mouth... no facts or logic... poor troubled intellect..." Perhaps this time you should take your own advice and put your critical facilities off line for a while, they really are not working anymore. Your comments about me are so off the wall, it begs one to ask if you are talking about yourself.

4. I don't gamble... light bulb getting dim, Jack? And who is the one with a card as their avatar? Do you have a gambling problem? Not that I really care.

5. And now I have a problem with women? If that is true, then you are a girl. For the record, I have no problem with women because I accept them.

Here's some advice: "The Great Way is simple, just cease having preferences."

Ooops, Jack doesn't like Chan/Zen. He rejects it.

Now, you wanna get back on topic? Wing Chun Roots is the name of the thread. It would probably be a good idea for you to get familiar with your own roots before discussing this topic, ya? Or would you rather dirty others' shoes?

Would you care to answer my question regarding the Red Boat Wing Chun history provided through YOUR link? Or would you rather avoid them and focus on my age and assumed level of knowledge and experience (like you always do)?

You have my regards.

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

You have my regards.
    Fantastic.

Look, my lineage has some of the worst historical travesties made in wing Chun, and that's saying something. I've crticised them myself on numerous occasions. I see rubbish written, I have and will criticise it.

How old do I think you are? Mentally? I'll let others make up their minds after seeing your posts. I have!

It's flat out embarrassing
    Don't look.

It would probably be a good idea for you to get familiar with your own roots before discussing this topic, ya? Or would you rather dirty others' shoes?
    Option B's more fun.

If that is true, then you are a girl.
    Your fellow riders on the short bus might find that amusing. Doesn't do your claims for maturity a lot of good.

And who is the one with a card as their avatar?
    Savi, I did it for you.

You have my regards.
    Great.

Last edited by anerlich on 10-14-2004 at 02:11 PM
    You seem to be a quick study.
    Thanks, but I have a wonderful wife, job, pets, rolled BJJ with friends for an hour before work today, plus my favorite show (The Glass House on ABC-TV) is on TV tonight. I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the most beautiful country in the world. It's a beautiful, warm, sunny day outside.
    You tryin'
    to convince me or yourself.
    Keep up that guff about my egotism and self infatuation (note spelling, always happy to help), you can see that's really getting under my skin
    Even now it's all about you see those are your words not mine.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

You seem to be a quick study.
    Shucks. Qualities you do not share by all appearances.

Look, I've changed the original "offensive" post so that it cannot possibly be construed by a sane person as pointing to anyone or any group in particular. The points refer to Xingyi, taiji, and many variants of JMA and RMA.

I'll remove the phrase "300 years ago" and "history" from other active posts, in the same spirit as Basil Fawlty's "Don't mention the war!"

If that ain't good enough for you losers, tough.

I'd say this was a pointless exercise, except that I made Bob8 laugh.

Originally posted by YongChun
    An exception is Andrew Wiles who worked in his attic for 8 years to discover a proof to Fermat's last theorem. The greatest mathematicians had been working on that for about 350 years but no one got close to ever proving it. For Andrew Wiles, it was his childhood dream. Everyone else had given up. Some said it was impossble to prove.
    Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Only time could tell if he was correct. His mathematical proof was not proof until it withstood the scrutiny for quite some time from his colleagues. Until that happened, he was just another crackpot.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 10-15-2004 at 02:07 PM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Look, my lineage has some of the worst historical travesties made in wing Chun, and that's saying something. I've crticised them myself on numerous occasions. I see rubbish written, I have and will criticise it.
    So when are you going to answer my question about Hung Suen Wing Chun's history?
    How old do I think you are? Mentally? I'll let others make up their minds after seeing your posts. I have!
    Mentally? That's not what I asked. Then again, you seem to give off the persona of an old man with the arrogance of a 12 year old.

It is quite obvious what your opinion is about me, since any informative post I direct to you is answered in a fashion a spoiled kid would answer.
    Your fellow riders on the short bus might find that amusing. Doesn't do your claims for maturity a lot of good.
    I never made any claim of maturity. I asked you "how old do you think I am?".
    Savi, I did it for you.
    Awe. Thanks for thinking about me. Now can we get passed this and get back on topic??? Or would you like to pull a "Hendrik" again?

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by Savi
    Or would you like to pull a "Hendrik" again?
    To the two person above, It would be appreciated that you dont bring me into your off topic post.

If you people want to post about other topic, feel free to start another one.

So when are you going to answer my question about Hung Suen Wing Chun's history?
    I went back and looked for a question about history. I saw a lot of tepid. bratty insults about my academy's website (like anyone cares), but no coherent or non-rhetorical questions.

In any case, I think most of what is there under history was written by my sihing Alfredo del-Brocco, who co-wrote an article with Benny Meng which is also on the site, along with one by two of your seniors. I reject your allegations of my dissociating myself from what's written there. I totally support Alfredo's version of our history. Some of the more common assertions about TWC, e.g. the Leung bik stories, are impossible to believe, s I have said here and elsewhere before.

Perhaps the article Benny co-wrote with Alfredo SHOULD be removed, as it's not up to the standard of Alfredo's other articles on the site.

You don't like what's there? Cry me a river.

Mentally? That's not what I asked.
    As you said to someone once, "I'm not a waiter." Take your pompous interrogation and shove it.

Then again, you seem to give off the persona of an old man with the arrogance of a 12 year old.
    since any informative post I direct to you is answered in a fashion a spoiled kid would answer.
    Or would you like to pull a "Hendrik" again? [sorry yp]

I've met very few arrogant twelve year olds. Your upbringing may have been different (or is it still in progress?).

I never made any claim of maturity.
    An uncharacteristically sensible choice on your part.
    Last edited by anerlich; 10-16-2004 at 12:38 AM.

Thumbs down

Andrew, you're hopeless.

Thumbs up

Opinions vary.