Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will be in Chicago in Sept and Toronto in Oct...

Wei Sui Guest

Empty

if ya know you will have free time on a certain day...or get some during that period email me @ bil_sau@hotmail.com (we can set a meeting place/time).

A highlight for me would finding time to see a private HKM class (he was one of my sifus sifu), athough I don't know how open he is to visitors - and also from what you said about your friends visit, I am not so sure:)

As mentioned, if you are too busy then that's fine, either way...thanks for all your help on school locations in T.O!

Dai yut tow dai :)

EmptyCup Guest
    I'm booked on the weekdays. I'll try to make some time on the 13th or 14th. Contact you via email sometime this week ok? If I don't end up meeting with you, I'll see if any of my Wing Chun friends would be interested...I'm sure at least one would be...I'll only ask the GOOD ONES ok? :D

Wei Sui Guest
    If you find any time on the weekend then it would be perfect! I will be staying with my relatives till Friday in Scarborough and on Sat I will be hooking up with my bud from Calgary (we'll probably train sat afternoon and/or sunday morn).

As for getting a bud to come out that is one of your "good ones"...no worries, getting anyone that has some knowledge to share is good! I myself have had only one year of training...my friend has has 3.5-4yrs, so having any level come by would be cool (perhaps not a total beginner ofcourse :))

Dai yut tow dai :)

Jeff Brown Guest
    Yeah I'll be grabbing lunch in Toronto around noon today, should be good.

"Once I have harnessed the power of the Sun, I will be UNSTOPPABLE!" -- Mini-Me

whippinghand Guest

Meng Shuo

Let me know what you eat, ok?

Jeff Brown Guest
    Sure Whip, no probs.

Hey did you see Flutie get sacked on Sunday?

"Once I have harnessed the power of the Sun, I will be UNSTOPPABLE!" -- Mini-Me

whippinghand Guest
    No Man, I was training....

joy chaudhuri Guest

Will be in Chicago

Empty Cup states:I'll try to get Ho Kam Ming's contact from my friend who went up and paid his class a friendly visit that turned out to be not so friendly
    Let's just say that Ho thinks very highly of himself
    --------------------------------------------------
    With good reason on both counts- privacy and awareness of what he knows.Many top flight old line masters are that way. Nothing wrong with it either IMO.
    Joy Chaudhuri

EmptyCup Guest
    My sifu doesn't like outsiders visiting our classes. I understand that. What I DON'T understand is a sifu being ok with outsiders visiting so that he can just try to put down another sifu and the students in front of a class.

joy chaudhuri Guest
    Hi Empty Cup: Master Ho, when he choses to can be very blunt- where he thinks that sloppy wing chun is
    being taught. He spent as much quality time with
    Yip Man in learning wing chun as anyone.He knows who got it and who didnt- who learned regularly and who learned episodically. He is/was a well to do man who just devoted the last 45 years to his beloved art without diluting it, over-commercializing it or creating chain stores out of it. He has his own personality- we all do. But his message basically is that to learn the art
    let alone teach you
    have to give it quality time and search and find
    a teacher who really knows the art.
    I do not know the details on what you have apparently alluded to.In any case he is basically semi-retired.
    joy chaudhuri :)

whippinghand Guest
    Well, now we know there is, at least, one.

EmptyCup Guest
    Yeah I think he has a student called a loong or something who teaches most of the classes and Ho overlooks it. I believe he is quite advanced in age and has diabetes...

Like I said, I didn't personally have a negative encounter with the man himself but my friends did. I didn't like what I heard but that's based on second-hand information. A couple people I know learn from him as well and I'm told by my sifu that Ho is not bad at all in Wing Chun.

Whip - what are you talking about?

whippinghand Guest
    You wouldn't understand...

EmptyCup Guest
    I understood what you wrote but you're reverting back to your old ways again Whippy :(

For a while there I thought you actually grew up...then I read your latest posts... :D

whippinghand Guest

Sorry EmptyCup

A scorpion will always be a scorpion.