Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will be in Chicago in Sept and Toronto in Oct...

joy chaudhuri Guest
    Empty Cup said"Yeah I think he has a student called a loong or something who teaches most of the classes and Ho overlooks it. I believe he is quite advanced in age and has diabetes...
    Like I said, I didn't personally have a negative encounter with the man himself but my friends did. I didn't like what I heard but that's based on second-hand information. A couple people I know learn from him as well and I'm told by my sifu that Ho is not bad at all in Wing Chun."
    ------------------------------------------
    Cuu Lung is quite good actually. In the public classes Ho much like Yip man just supervises someone else leading the class. Ho indeed is a senior and is semi-retired and picks and chooses
    his wing chun activities. As far as for the comment by your sifu(who is he?) that Master Ho is
    "not bad"... as far as the comment applying to Ho's knowledge of wing chun that is quite an understatement.

EmptyCup Guest
    He said he was pretty good...one of the better ones from the old school. And I'm guessing you must be part of Ho's lineage since you keep going with the Ho for Grandmaster campaign :D

...that or you have a fat check waiting in the mail :)

joy chaudhuri Guest
    Empty Cup Says "He said he was pretty good...one of the better ones from the old school. And I'm guessing you must be part of Ho's lineage since you keep going with the Ho for Grandmaster campaign
    ...that or you have a fat check waiting in the mail"
    --------------------------------
    Wrong on one and a half of your guesses.There is no grandmaster in wing chun and the term is misleading. Secondly, I am not motivated by money
    in my wing chun.Just the facts on Ho, his background and what he is doing. You never did mention your sifu whose opinion you quote.Still curious who he is.
    :D :D :D

EmptyCup Guest
    My second sifu...Fung Hon. He is from the old school :D Hawkins, Bruce, William, Wong, etc...

whippinghand Guest
    To keep things simple, EmptyCup, since you keep flip flopping, who actually is your sifu? You do you call sifu? You is your sifu now?

EmptyCup Guest
    I didn't "flip flop" what are you babbling about? I am my own sifu?!?! Is this tarzan-whip speaking? I've always said Stewart is my second sifu...

EmptyCup Guest
    Wu, sorry but I can't make it this time around...I'm booked for the weekend too...

let me know how your visit to TO was when you get a chance all right? Next time I'll try to meet for sure :)