Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1st World Traditional Kung Fu Championships

Re: joedoe

Originally posted by GeneChing
    You'll have to give us a full report here. I'll be interested about what happens there. It may even be worthy of a news item in the print mag. Let me know how it goes when you get back via PM. Hope you make it!
    Will do. I will try and make sure I get some pics and post them here.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

World Traditional Wushu Kung Fu Championships in China

Several interesting pix of the Traditional Wushu Kung Fu Championships in Zhengzhou, China. Go to http://www.beijingwushuteam.com/forum.html

Also has links with more info on event. Interesting to say the least, although some pix a tad bizarre!

is this opening for anyone else??

Yep. Try reading the relevant post in the linked forum. Shouldn't be too hard for a genius.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Still more photos & videos from the World Traditional Event

Sevearl photos and videos at this site
    http://www.jiayo.com/gallery/wtwg2004

Overwhelming when watching the videos and seeing just how large an event it really was.

Check it out!

Videos & photos from World Traditional Event

Sevearl photos and videos at this site
    http://www.jiayo.com/gallery/wtwg2004

Overwhelming when watching the videos and seeing just how large an event it really was.

Check it out!

none of them are loading up for me right now. Ill check back later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

nice shots

firepalm, are you Brandon?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought this was a traditional tournament? Looking at their promotion video on that site, the people the US federation sent don't seem very... traditional.

'cause if you do wushu, no matter how much classical you know, you're not traditional...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

where is the promotional video??
    can u give me url please?

It was promoting Brandon and some of those heads.. it's on Jiayo.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by norther practitioner

'cause if you do wushu, no matter how much classical you know, you're not traditional...
    You have so many hours a day to train, if you spend half of it on dance forms, how can you be as good as someone else who spends all his time on the real stuff?

Aren't there any traditional stylists in the entire US of A that don't do Wushu that are better than these people?

Is it so easy to switch muscle memory on and off, doesn't modern Wushu practice effect one's traditional gongfu at all?

Originally posted by emre
    You have so many hours a day to train, if you spend half of it on dance forms, how can you be as good as someone else who spends all his time on the real stuff?

Aren't there any traditional stylists in the entire US of A that don't do Wushu that are better than these people?

Is it so easy to switch muscle memory on and off, doesn't modern Wushu practice effect one's traditional gongfu at all?
    i dont know, i only see the sport of wushu as newer. to me the only thing "not traditional" in those forms is all those flips and such, but then again there are traditional styles with lots of jumping and such. and all those forms were based off of traditional ones. so technically its all traditional its all shaolin its all good, cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

There was traditional and modern

There is no way to keep the modern out of the traditional since we live in modern times. It would be easier to ban cell phones in the arena. So there was some modern wushu on the floor and there was a special demo of wushu champions which is documented by the above website.

There seemed to be a the most modern wushu in the nanquan arena, as well as the four basic weapons, and of course the internal (but that's harder to separate). There wasn't too much in the Shaolin category, although some athletes competed with the new compulsory, and the jury is still out whether we are calling that modern wushu or not.

BTW, I'm going to address most of the questions about this event on this thread, just to make it simpler for me...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart