Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 1st World Traditional Kung Fu Championships

You have so many hours a day to train, if you spend half of it on dance forms, how can you be as good as someone else who spends all his time on the real stuff?
    Real, what, are they just holograms doing wushu...

Athletisism... pure and simple.

Aren't there any traditional stylists in the entire US of A that don't do Wushu that are better than these people?
    Well at taolu, probably a couple... but not many.

Is it so easy to switch muscle memory on and off, doesn't modern Wushu practice effect one's traditional gongfu at all?

Sure, it makes your stances stronger..lol
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I heard a few members of American Ballet Theater were available, why weren't they recruited?

We have actually had a number of ballet people come in and train with us. They have typically been the fastest to pick up the choreography of forms and the flavor.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    We have actually had a number of ballet people come in and train with us. They have typically been the fastest to pick up the choreography of forms and the flavor.

doesnt surprise me at all. they have to remember dance routines which are usually 3-5 minutes long, so they should pick it up well. i had 5 years dance experience before i went into kung fu, it helped me with forms. i love forms compared to fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

hey! i put up a few shots...still trying to post of course...so many pics to go through. if ya want, take a look pics from china!
    enjoy!

spaz dragon

Nicely down, loved the photos! Only wish I had of gone!

spaz, congrats on the gold medal for your kwando form. you do it really good from what i remember!!! congrats and looked like fun. and yes the orange is the brightest orange uniform i have ever seen !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

yes yes, it's very bright, lol. thanks for the congrats!

Thanks for sharing the photos spaz...

Good job too.
    practice wu de

Mr. Gene Ching?!

Nice pics - and thanks for not publishing a photo of me pikcing my nose or something. You know, it's alright to pick you nose in public in China, especially if you're a waitress.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hahahahahah. you so funny! still can't get over running into you and gigi at the mall, lol. it was a fun, memorable trip, that's forsure!

the mall

Given all the places we were and had to be, factor in the size of Zhengzhou, imagine the odds. That was no coincidence. That was Shaolin karma.

Did you go to the closing ceremony and awards banquet the last night? We had to miss that because of another obligation. Did you get one of those gift bags? What was in those gift bags?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

cheeze **** for the ninjettes..

Oh, wait, wrong gift bag...

maybe spaz should take this...lol
    practice wu de

hmmmmm, i didn't get any kind of gift bag. all i got was a really cool book. this was at the hotel, right? if not, then hmmmmmm, guess i was out of the loop, lol. and yes, shaolin karma totally ROCKS!

book?

What book? Did you go to the closing ceremonies? What else did you get? Pins? Plaques? We know about the medals...

At our hotel, it was a feeding frenzy. People came back with all kinds of goodies, including the mystery bag. At breakfast the morning after, they were handing out posters and those huge round stickers that were on all of the taxicabs. We got a bunch, but they didn't make it back (lost at the airport, I'm told). There were also these little white gift bags - that's what I'm curious about.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips