Thread: Wing Chun In Mortal Kombat

Wing Chun In Mortal Kombat

I just played the new mortal Kombat game on xbox.
    and they Have WC as a players fighting style.
    and the butterfly swords for another players weapons.

has anyone else played this
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

here is a link to the WC fighter

http://guides.ign.com/guides/16335/page_13.html
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

Originally posted by 45degree fist
    here is a link to the WC fighter

http://guides.ign.com/guides/16335/page_13.html
    I see the developers bore the smaller, weaker female model of Wing Chun in mind when they created this character.

Regards,
    - kj

P.S. I'll bet it's a fun game though.

Yep that's right you know Mavado is the Man!

kj
    You got to be impressed with the style and class of this woman or the kick assability that shows through on this lady bet she is deadly with those weapons you go girl Is that what you were looking for
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Originally posted by canglong
    You got to be impressed with the style and class of this woman or the kick assability that shows through on this lady bet she is deadly with those weapons you go girl Is that what you were looking for
    Ha ha. I'm not sure either of those precisely matches the vision I had in mind, LOL, but least they are in the ballpark.

Regards,
    - kj

What's up with the fighting styles? they changed them... scorpion and sub zero were from "secret clans of chinese ninja" in the previous MK games. Now they are saying scorpion knows hapkido and sub-zero knows shotokan?? kitana was a ninja from sub-zero's clan, and they are saying she trains eagle claw and bagua?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

kung lao knows mantis? cage knows jkd? They changed them all...

That won't stop me from playing it though!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hsu Hao trains shuai chiao and wrestling - Looks like they have at least one real fighter!

EDIT:

jax trains muay thai and judo. Nitara trains tiger claw. Okay, three real fighters.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 10-12-2004 at 11:32 PM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

eh I am a DOA fan, but I hear the new MK game is good
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

the virtua fighter series tops them all

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter