Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: End All Be All Styles

Originally posted by ekaltenborn
    maybe you are an expert with 13 years.... maybe not... i have never trained with you... but hell man,,,,, dont pick on unix because he asked an intelligent question....

you just lost me... when did I pick on him? I've only replied to his one post about unix programming...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

OH!!! I wasn't saying "forget unixfudotnet", I was saying forget the unix operating system...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

3. lol, actually you guys started it. I never witnessed any MMA guys saying anything until after I started hearing tma say that the only thing you need to do to avoid a double leg is sidestep. then, the grappler's started saying "prove it".
    Ralek. Bullshido, mma.tv etc.

We do say stand up works. that's why we cross train.
    It wasn't always like this. For a long time grappling was considered the be and all of martial arts and all you needed to learn (especially just atfer the first ufcs). I know of a Judo instructor and other judo people today who still hold this view (at my old judo club I quit training at).
    Last edited by Enforcer-; 10-14-2004 at 03:07 PM.

yeah, they talk about it now. As I said in my posts, AFAIK, tma's started it all though.

as for the second part of your comment, step out of the 90's what you are talking about changed back around 1997. striekrs were cross training and winning, so grapplers began to train striking.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5. Again there are still some pure grapplers who only train for grappling competitions who think striking is useless and all you need is grappling. The Judo instructor would badmouth even japanese jiu jitsu that was training in the same hall as him (that I used to train at). And there are plenty of muay thai people that badmouth karate.

And actually it was the Gracie family who started the style vs style stuff.
    Last edited by Enforcer-; 10-14-2004 at 04:41 PM.

6. those same guys are attacking you and one blind sided you. you are now in the ground with no knowledge of ground grappling. you lose.
    Most people won't dive down with you to the ground like in the ufc. Theyll stomp or soccer kick you. And if you get hit in the nuts you wont be able to defend yourself anyway (unless you train the iron balls technique or something) because youll be curled up in a ball holding them.
    Last edited by Enforcer-; 10-14-2004 at 04:57 PM.

7. I only used one of your replies to explain demos. But anyway on Bullshido I posted as Strangler, KillerInstinct, rattenkrieg, Fearless, Meravod, Faceless, Enforcer, Unmatchable, MurderInc, Indestructable, Pauper, some others too I think those named are all banned now but you can see my previous posts.

sorry 7*... I misunderstood... my bad.

Enforcer- I would be intersted to see a clip of you doing your grappling....

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    Most people won't dive down with you to the ground like in the ufc. Theyll stomp or soccer kick you. And if you get hit in the nuts you wont be able to defend yourself anyway (unless you train the iron balls technique or something) because youll be curled up in a ball holding them.
    I've seen it happen too may times. Ask your wannabe friend if he's seen it. As for the nutshot, you can absorb those surprisingly well when adrenaline is flowing. For that reason I don't reccomend people tartget that area and expect a quick win. When it happened to me, I didn't feel it until after the fight was over.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by ekaltenborn
    Enforcer- I would be intersted to see a clip of you doing your grappling....
    you give him too much credit... he doesn't grapple. He barely even trains. according to previous posts of his. That's what I was talking about - the serious guys are too busy training to talk mess. and if they fight, they respect what works.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11. At least I train more than ralek. And the real mantis (most effective ive seen on video) was in a movie called the thundernig mantis.

so hes got a houndog mouth and a puppy dog a**.... haha

my mistake... i thought he actually had something to contribute here...

enforcer i have to tell you that movie was just plain dumb..... im laughing so hard at your post i cant hardly type....

im afraid i will have to agree to disagree with seven star on a couple of points made earlier... atleast he made an intelligent well thought out argument....

thundering mantis... real mantis?....man... did you spend too much time in a choke hold or something?

14. what's a good example of mantis than? Find a clip on the net or a movie or something that has the "it".

so.... you admittedly know nothing about it?....... i think they call that talking without knowing what the heck you are talking about!.....

I personally dont know of a movie that gives a good example of praying mantis.