Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: End All Be All Styles

:)

ENFORCER

Why look for a movie, I'll mapquest you to my doorstep. You can sit in on a class. No threats, no worries. All you have to do is show up and watch, join in if you like.

mark

I believe thats a nice way of saying 'put up or shut up'!!!

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    At least I train more than ralek.
    that's not saying much... enlighten us. How often do you train? how long are the classes? what do you learn, besides the p!ss poor clinch techniques you've already told me about? how often do you fight? when was your last fight? when is your next one?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4. I don't fight. I hate getting my shins bruised (my number one rant about muay thai or any sort of kixkboxing). Most people here don't fight either though, so...

5. And I havent seen one god sparring clip on the net that shows kung fu. Shaw Brother movies is the only form of kung fu I ever saw that looked good, real kung fu looks like kickboxing or brawling. Maybe some of the shaw brothers are the only ones that can use it or in a real fight theyll fight like brawlers as well?

:)

I can honestly say I don't enter tourney's. It gets to the point where you are thinking about what you're not allowed to do and the guys who trains for that sport fighting will win because that's all he does. I will enter a throwdown if one is organized here in phoenix though. hint hint The last real fight I was in was back in feb, bar fight in the bathroom and there were three of us and 5 of them. We walked out, they were carried out. Which was sad because it was my birthday and I was dead drunk.

As for bruises? WTF are you talking about then, you don't do any two man conditioning at all chief???!!! Doesn't sound like you are sparring or anything close to it if you aren't making enough contact to get bruised. So what gives you the right to speculate on any one or any ones style?

Now over the years with my iron arm and partner conditioning I have stopped bruising. But all that stuff is part of the game. So what are you gonna do in a fight when someone blasts you dead in your shins? "oh hell no I quit, I might be bruised tomorrow".... you are a waste of space.

I apologize for calling you a waste of space. I won't sink to the level of your fellow hecklers. With that said I find your comments lack any merit and common sense. Any one who thinks what they see in a movie to be "real" has a lot of growing up to do. I don’t know what state you are even in but you should do yourself a favor and look up a good northern mantis school. Drop all of this movie nonsense and talk that you honestly have to know that you can’t back up with knowledge or experience. I’ll even point you in the right direction my brother. You need your eyes opened for you, like I said you are more than welcome to come see me or any of the schools I’m affiliated with. They will treat you right if you come with open ears and a good head on your shoulders.

mark
    Last edited by shirkers1; 10-14-2004 at 11:00 PM.

8. well apperently muay thai and boxing beats all standup so...

and in a real fight a knee to the nuts wins so and there is no way to condition the nuts.
    Last edited by Enforcer-; 10-14-2004 at 11:09 PM.

I don't fight. I hate getting my shins bruised (my number one rant about muay thai or any sort of kixkboxing). Most people here don't fight either though, so...
    1. condition them more

2. until then, wear shin guards.

as for fighting, if there's nothing in your area, you can travel. There are events happening all the time around the country...In the mean time, if you're not doing anything yourself, how can you criticize anyone else?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

well apperently muay thai and boxing beats all standup so...

I wasn't going to jump into this, but Enforcer has no idea.
    I am a current student of ekaltenborn. I also spent a few years training in Muay Thai before I joined there and consider myself somewhat proficient in it. While some of the strikes are quite deadly, it is in no way the end all! I also boxed in the local PAL league. The mantis I've learned is far more superior in my eyes and can translate easily to a combat situation. Granted if the person you get into a brawl with has no formal training, yes you will do some damage. However, run into that person that knows mantis and he will climb up your arm and tap dance on your skull.
    Last edited by cmcgee; 10-15-2004 at 05:27 AM.
    "Build your life brick upon brick. Live a life of truth and look back on truth. Live a life of fantasy and look back only on delusion."
    -Deng Ming Tao

................and in a real fight a knee to the nuts wins so and there is no way to condition the nuts.
    Once again you are wrong sir.

http://www.tai-chi-centre.com/ironcrotch.htm

In this book you can see pictures of the monks doing iron crotch training;
    http://www.wle.com/products/b009.html
    "Build your life brick upon brick. Live a life of truth and look back on truth. Live a life of fantasy and look back only on delusion."
    -Deng Ming Tao

Originally posted by cmcgee
    However, run into that person that knows mantis and he will climb up your arm and tap dance on your skull.
    that naturally applies to pretty m uch anything, if they are skilled.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

13. Sevenstar in another thread on the main forum didn't you say you only train in sport styles becasue tma sucks and is innefective and made fun of the horse stance? Who are you tot ell me I'm judging something when all I did was criticise a drill you criticised many many styles.

ENFORCER- ATLEAST HE TRAINS.... AND HAS EXPERIMENTED IN OTHER STYLES.... WHAT TRAINING HAVE YOU HAD?