Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fights Mantis

Street Fights Mantis

In my training I have come to realize that Northern mantis is so complex that’s it’s simple. To me now looking on it common sense. In that I mean that with all the “advanced concepts” involved in the style it’s still all common sense when applied to actual combat. The idea of MOBILITY, not standing in front of you opponent. Always moving on angles, advancing and receding, etc. The idea of not just hitting the face, striking what ever is within reach. Whether it’s a block or an actual strike. All the tactics in the arsenal of mantis being short and to the point. Aggressive attacks. Using every inch of your body in an attack. So when you are in grappling situations you can use a shoulder for instance to strike or break the rhythm to apply another tactic. Striking with elbows, etc for destruction’s. Multiple tactics at the same time. The ability to be ambidextrous. The sensitivity to the opponents movements, and the opponent himself. The ability to size an opponent up, what type of fighter is he. Among other things all of these concepts involved in the training of mantis, when trained properly are highly effective in street combat.

I like to watch fight videos, sport, street whatever. To get a perspective of how different people fight. Street fight videos are simply great and I recommend every one watch. You get a great insight as to how a fight usually degrades into a wrestling match. Usually because the fighters are so unskilled at stand up fighting. Almost all the videos the fighters are trying to score head shots, when they have so many more targets to attack leaving them out of harms way and possibly ending the fight quicker without having to even score the knock out punch. Or just unskilled at basic punching period. No use of elbows or anything other than lets swing those arms like a windmill. Not putting your **** hands up, tucking your chin and rolling with your shoulders. I mean come on, who cares if people think you look stupid. The real fighter will know you mean business. Either don’t put yourself in the position to get into the fight which is 99% effective or fight. Don’t argue don’t talk if the guys comes near you either kiss him or hit him. Because that’s where it’s going to end up if you keep arguing. If you don’t want to fight then leave. Who cares what any one thinks if you walk away, look at it as you just saved the guy a night in the hospital and you a night in jail. Now those who have spent their youth and young adult hood street fighting know all of this. But I encourage you that haven’t to watch these vids to get a perspective on something other than sport fighting. It could change your views on how you train your mantis and open your eyes to a lot of other things when it comes to street fights.

In my training we’ve honed everything to be direct and to the point. You have all that knowledge of hook lines, straight lines, bridging, trapping, leverage, short power, mobility, when in use with your tactics become like an arrow from a bow. Direct and to the point.

mark

2. why don't you post some sparring clips to see where your getting at.

why would mark put himself in a position again where you will undoubtedly make unfounded, uninformed and unintelligent comments?.,....... why dont you just spar him tough guy...

LOL it never ends

LOL please read. The thread clearly says “STREET FIGHTS” not sparring. Just like all the others you start spouting out garbage when the information is right in front of you. A street fight is a whole new ballpark chief. Like I said I'll map quest you to my doorstep, we can spar or "street fight" share info, share knuckles, I don't care it's up to you. Or get your buddies to organize a MCTHROWDOWN here in Phoenix and I'll be there.

E is right I put up some admitingly poorly executed drills that were a small piece to a very large picture and very ignorant individuals decided they knew everything there was to know about what I do just by looking at a 10 sec clip of some bottom of the barrel basic drills. So why am I going to put any more up? I would love to be able to share info with my fellow mantis practitioners. But unfortunately retards like you chime in and ruin it for everyone.

mark

he wont do it mark..... hes all tail and no teeth..... just film it if he does...... i need a good laugh..... im sure you ll make him look like a little 8th grade girl.....

eric

Wink

Nah just like the guys on bullshido think. I'm just a skinny little white boy with no fighting skill whatsoever, so why bother. It would just be a walk in the park.

But honestly and seriously I have an open door policy. I learned that from my teacher, and I think we should all have this mind set. Anyone and everyone can come in and sit in on a class. It’s all about sharing information and learning from each other. If you want to come and see what we have to offer or share some of your views, feel free without feeling like it’s a challenge and that goes for everyone interested. Because it’s not a challenge, you get what you give. Things like respect, knowledge, information, friendship, etc. You get what you put in, if it's going to be a positive thing then great if it goes the other way well then we'll deal with that when it happens.

I’m always here, it’s my house and anyone that knows me that wants to train will call me up and I’ll work out with them every single day of the week if they like. I figure I’m doing it any ways on my own, and if someone wants to come out other than actual class I’m down and my doors always open. Just let me know.

mark

same goes for my place..... its an open door.... cmon over... hang out... do some kung fu. but more importantly come with an open mind and a friendly attitude... and you wont be dissapointed! If nothing else... youll decide my way isnt what you want and move along in your journey... If you like it.... stay and have some fun with us! My group is incredibly friendly and very willing to share information!!! All kidding aside..... everyone is welcome here!

8. Re: LOL it never ends

Originally posted by shirkers1
    LOL please read. The thread clearly says “STREET FIGHTS” not sparring. Just like all the others you start spouting out garbage when the information is right in front of you. A street fight is a whole new ballpark chief. Like I said I'll map quest you to my doorstep, we can spar or "street fight" share info, share knuckles, I don't care it's up to you. Or get your buddies to organize a MCTHROWDOWN here in Phoenix and I'll be there.

E is right I put up some admitingly poorly executed drills that were a small piece to a very large picture and very ignorant individuals decided they knew everything there was to know about what I do just by looking at a 10 sec clip of some bottom of the barrel basic drills. So why am I going to put any more up? I would love to be able to share info with my fellow mantis practitioners. But unfortunately retards like you chime in and ruin it for everyone.

mark
    In a streetfight the person who sucker attacks the other and who goes ape**** on them wins. The mroe agressive, violent, psychotic will win. Or the one who hits the other guy first square in the nuts and drops him wins. You don't need martial arts for the street, prison will probably be a better school for that,

Part of your training is a mindset... Putting yourself in the position to either be in a fight or not. Bottom line, I've seen guys get sucker punched and get knocked out. I've seen guys get hit and it didn't phase them. Not all street fights are ***** fest 2004.

I once again, think you are very in-experianced from the way you talk. It's the fighter who is in control of his emotions and actions that usually wins his fight. Not the guy who goes mad buck wild. Unless it's two retards going buck wild on each other then you could blow out a forest fire from all the windmill punches. That's my point with the videos, you see tunnel vision at it's worst. Untrained wanna bees thinking they are tough ****.

It depends on the fighters involved and a list of variables. Pain tolerance, experiance, etc. I've seen guys take a nut shot and not effect them till after the fight ended. No I've seen guys get their balls grabbed and that was more effective. The point is don't expect a one punch victory.

In my opinion it's who is willing and able to do the most damage. That person is going to win more than he loses. Or walk away with the least amount of injuries.

10. according to police statistics the attacker almost always defeats the defender. And a guy who is alot bigger and stronger than you that knows how to fight or is on pcp and has no pain will win anyway. Or even a skinny kid could be in your face and knee you in the nuts than knee you in the face.

enforcer--

with all due respect ..... you havent a clue.... is a 'knee to the nuts' the onlt tactic you know?......my god.... you are something else.,...

maybe you should try video games.... because you live in a dream world

M A P Q U E S T !!!!

First of all.. MAPQUEST

second of all, a nice toe kick to the nuts is more practical than a knee shot to the nuts. I find in sparring that this happens more than a knee to the crotch. I find my knees end up attacking the thighs more than anything. Occasionally the head, but rarely the nuts.

lastly MAPQUEST!!!!

mark-

just remember to guard your nuts from his knee.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

once you get past that... you likely have him beat!!

Statstics

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    according to police statistics the attacker almost always defeats the defender. And a guy who is alot bigger and stronger than you that knows how to fight or is on pcp and has no pain will win anyway. Or even a skinny kid could be in your face and knee you in the nuts than knee you in the face.
    Statistics tell idiots what number-crunchers want them to know.

Attacks on police reports are usually abushes too,...no reference to that. Could someone walk up behind be & club me in the head?
    Yeah,....another number on the stats.

Go smoke another one & re-start the PS2.....
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

enforcer-

what police statistics?...... back it up with factual information buddy..... im willing to listen (read)..... just back it up with the facts..... if in fact you actually know the facts.