Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fights Mantis

map quest

please

shh... hes busy compiling b.s. police stats!... haha

LOL e that was funny.

On a serious note, I am looking to do some type of throwdown type event here in phoenix. Being that the idea of a throwdown pretty much is what I do any way I don't see this as a problem. Bottom line is anyone is welcome to come train any ways so if it becomes a big thing then we can make a single event and go from there.

Basic rules, but more to be ironed out.

leave ego at the door
    anyone wanting to spar or fight make the rules of engagement clearly before hand with each other. Med contact, full contact, light contact, ground fighting, hair pulling, etc.
    protective equipment decided among fighters
    how long the matches go depends on the fighters, rounds, etc.
    be ready to exchange ideas and tactics
    all styles welcome
    this isn’t fight club it’s an opportunity for different styles to see how the other trains and spars and or fights.

right now I will say contact me through pm and it will most likely be at my place. Unless there is a huge response then we'll look for outside venues.

mark

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    according to police statistics the attacker almost always defeats the defender. And a guy who is alot bigger and stronger than you that knows how to fight or is on pcp and has no pain will win anyway. Or even a skinny kid could be in your face and knee you in the nuts than knee you in the face.
    Enforcer, no offense, but have you ever been in a real fight? I had the misfortune in my younger days of hanging out with a pretty rough crowd, and I think I saw just about every kind of fight imaginable. Most of the fights I saw were decided by something other than first punch thrown/landed UNLESS they were a blind-side sucker punch or blind side weapon attack. Any time two people actually squared off, I'd say the first really good shot LANDED is what decided the fight.

I can't tell you how many times I saw some moron toss out about 8 haymakers and miss, while the other person just bided their time and then really lit into them when they had an opening.

excellent point Reggie!

A close friend and teacher of both Mark and Myself has said time and time again....everyone has a great plan ..... until they get punched in the face!

enforcer...You ever been punched in the face?.... I have fought... I have won, and I have lost..... and Im just telling you ... you dont know what the hell you are talking about....

In this case.... you are a real intellectual handicap!!!

One more point.... come try to knee me in the nuts...... I think youll be in for a big suprise...

"everyone has a great plan ..... until they get punched in the face!"

That really does change the whole game plan. I remember learning that one the hard way myself!

me too my friend.... me too....

you are however correct.... having been in a profession for a number of years that has required me to use my training on numerous occasions, I have seen the 'knockout punch' a thousand times....... some drunk swings and swings and swings,,,, and someone (usually a smaller guy) turns out the lights for the drunk!

8. im talking about a sucker knee to the nuts which I have experienced. I know a guy who always would sucker knee people in the nuts by grabbing their sholders and pulling them in. He won like every fight.

:)

If you're that close to me you've already been hit. Period, you don't get that close to someone. You don't argue you don't point fingers and talk about who did who's mom. You either walk away or you fight. If the guy comes within kicking range he should already be feeling the love.

map quest

it's very easy just put in your cross streets I'll give you mine and it has a neat little map drawn out to my door step. We can go over all this stuff you are talking about. Unless you're not old enough to drive yet? Maybe your mom or uncle buck can give you a lift?

enforcer- your guy win's because he fights people like you who have no training......

i cant believe i have sunk to the level of debating this with you...... its like talking to a child....

get your mommy or uncle buck to drive you to uncle eric's school for stupid people.... ill be glad to educate you........

11. he does it out of nowhere while you are in his face talking or the conversation turns heated. And if you attack him first he could go to the cops (lets say if he has a lawyer daddy) and you could be charged with assault.

btw, Bullshido always makes fun of tma and their training methods as well as they point fingers at people. And they agree with me that the drilling clips lacked aliveness and so would Matt Thornton.

ENFORCER...
    WHO ARE YOU?...... YOU ARE A NO NAME WHO IF HE HAS TRAINED ANYTHING AT ALL... HAS DONE SOME LOW GRADE NONSENSE....

SOMEONE WITH JUST A FRACTION OF INTELLIGENCE WOULD KNOW NOT TO STAND CLOSE ENOUGH TO GET KNEED IN THE BALLS...

PLEASE.... TRY TO KNEE ME IN THE NUTS.... BECAUSE IF FOR SOME REASON I ALLOW YOU TO GET THAT CLOSE TO ME.... ILL BE DOING THE FORTY YARD DASH DOWN THE CENTER OF YOUR FACE.....

IM TELLING YOU .... ITS A GOOD THING BEING STUPID ISNT A CRIME.

oh yeah? well yer mom.

come on now this is just getting stupid. for real, the point is most of us here know what is involved in a street fight. Some others have views that differ. But this has turned into useless mumbo jumbo. Lets just let it go.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 10-15-2004 at 04:31 PM.

14. Originally posted by ekaltenborn
    ENFORCER...
    WHO ARE YOU?...... YOU ARE A NO NAME WHO IF HE HAS TRAINED ANYTHING AT ALL... HAS DONE SOME LOW GRADE NONSENSE....

SOMEONE WITH JUST A FRACTION OF INTELLIGENCE WOULD KNOW NOT TO STAND CLOSE ENOUGH TO GET KNEED IN THE BALLS...

PLEASE.... TRY TO KNEE ME IN THE NUTS.... BECAUSE IF FOR SOME REASON I ALLOW YOU TO GET THAT CLOSE TO ME.... ILL BE DOING THE FORTY YARD DASH DOWN THE CENTER OF YOUR FACE.....

IM TELLING YOU .... ITS A GOOD THING BEING STUPID ISNT A CRIME.
    you dont have to be too close. He can reach out and pull you in to his knee by your sholders or neck. And assuming he is alot taller gives him advantage as well.

ok... i can see you are an expert (sarcasm).... so im going to bow out of this debate.....