Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fights Mantis

shirkers1

Not sure about this throw down, but would like to visit and train sometime. I do visit a gongfu brother in NMex now and then. Your just an hour away by air. I also look forward to meeting your Shifu someday, I`ve heard alot about him. As for adding to all this posting, I`d rather meet you guys in person and lets bang. I`m ate up with dumb a s s when it comes to this typing sh*t. Much rather train, and I look forward to this opportunity.

i train with the same teacher as mark... you will not be disappointed... im very sure you will both contribute and take something away!!

:)

Actually eric is lucky enough to train with mike all the time being that he's in ohio. I only get to visit when time and money permits. We can't all have the fun though.

yu shan, I think it's no secret my doors are always open to train. Just give me a day or so's notice so I can make sure I'm not out of town or something. But I have plenty of room at the house for you to stay as well, so don't worry about a hotel. Even if jake doesn't mind I can drive out to you guys and train. I think it's only 5 hours depending on what part of NM he's in. Just let me know. I'll be looking out for your message. As for mike I don't want to speak with him but it seems he always has someone visiting. Jake knows how to get a hold of him.

mark
    Last edited by shirkers1; 10-15-2004 at 09:01 PM.

yeah ...mike is very gracious that way. He always makes it worth the trip. I drive 2 and a half hours one way every week to train; and it is always worth thr drive.

ekaltenborn

two and half hours one way... that is dedication. No doubt it is worth it from what I have heard about your Shifu. I`m hopefully going to attend the tournament in April. We should all get together, is your Shifu going to be their?

Shirkers1

I responded to your post on another thread, I`m getting old.

yeah some weeks its a challenge getting there... but its always worth it!

Im pretty sure we are both going to be at the tournament... Cant speak for Mark.. hopefully he'll be there as well.

Eric

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    im talking about a sucker knee to the nuts which I have experienced. I know a guy who always would sucker knee people in the nuts by grabbing their sholders and pulling them in. He won like every fight.
    LOL, your kidding right? What I get from that statement is;

1. The guy likes picking fights with people that have no training and would just rather attack without reason. (like a coward)

or

2. You guys just grabass around and have a fetish with balls!

You tell me which one is correct!

You still never really answered the question of what you trained in. I still get the impression that your a 300lb. geek that likes to sit and watch MA movies all week and then think you know it all. If you ever make it to Columbus and decide to sit in on one of Eric's classes, I will make a personal effort to be there.
    "Build your life brick upon brick. Live a life of truth and look back on truth. Live a life of fantasy and look back only on delusion."
    -Deng Ming Tao

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    he does it out of nowhere while you are in his face talking or the conversation turns heated. And if you attack him first he could go to the cops (lets say if he has a lawyer daddy) and you could be charged with assault.
    That's too funny. So this guy attacks first, but if somebody attacks him first he would go to the cops? What a Nancy! So why doesn't somebody just charge him w/ assault when he knees them first?

Re: Street Fights Mantis

Originally posted by shirkers1
    Almost all the videos the fighters are trying to score head shots, when they have so many more targets to attack leaving them out of harms way and possibly ending the fight quicker without having to even score the knock out punch.
    Which of these targets have you personally used to end street fights?

10. 1. The guy likes picking fights with people that have no training and would just rather attack without reason. (like a coward)
    it was awhile ago that Ive seen this guy (since high school I havent seen him). But he would bully and intimidate people and when someone would start argueing with him or not let themselves be bullied he would knee them in the nuts and possibly hit them while theyre down. And it wouldnt matter whether theyre trained or not trained a knee to the nuts will take you out if it hits hard enough.

11. From thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...4&page=3&pp=15

Ronin69 who trains full contact karate and judo and has experience with bak mei and tai chi in macao china wrote:

Guys, conditioning your hands, feet, shins, scrotum, arm pits, or anywhere else you feel needs tough, ugly callused skin, is NOT that important, NOT to the EXTENT showed here, ok?

Makiwara training was desgined to strengthen the wrist, calluses were a byproduct/side effect of the training, and they can be removed/eliminated by anyone who wants to, WITHOUT effecting the conditioning.
    People have ****ed up hands because they WANT TO.

You CAN'T condition your body to take blows on the vital areas, if you could PRO boxers and Fighters that make millions would have done it long time ago, ok?

The only conditioning you need is what you get from you bag work, sparring and makiwara ( if you do makiwara).
    Anything else is for ego purposes, ok?
    see there is no conditioning for getting hit in the nuts or throat. And even pro boxers get dropped with one nut shot sometimes (look at Golatta)

K fighter

It was a knee to the balls!!!!! just kidding

Body shot hook to the kidneys. After throwing elbows on his arms. He was done before that last shot, he laid down and balled up. Fight over, no need to go on. Why do you ask?

ENFORCER, I know I'm not the only one to see this. I remember seeing a special on discovery on the MA, and there was this guy who is teaching some new style that actually deals with taking major blows to vital areas. Throat, groin, etc. The people, now I'm talking regular people. Women old men stand there and take full on strikes to those areas. So it is possible. If any one else has seen this help me out with a name.

I for one never have even concidered conditioning my sac for blows. Now the rest of the body is another story, you don't have to have calluses all over the body. It's a matter of iron body training and two man conditioning.

I dont think that most attackers will attack some one that they think can beat them or even give them a good fight.

That may be one reason the person being attacked is called a "victim".

I think that a 5 foot 6 inch "praying mantis master" would think twice about attacking a 6 foot 4 inch 240 lb lumber jack with little fighting training.

I believe it's called Combat Ki and I don't remember the guys name. I have it on tape somewhere but too lazy to look for it to get the info. I'm sure others have seen it more than once.

They take punches to the neck and kicks to the groin. The neck shots don't look all that clean. I'd like to see them take a good ridgehand and stand around talking about it afterwards.

The groin shots will make you wince just watching.

that's rod sacharnoski and his juko kai guys. years ago, he had some decent articles in IK before he started his juko kai system.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter