Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Street Fights Mantis

;)

Sayloc I'm asking in general not to you individually with my response here...

Ask yourself how many people have seen a "street fight" and or a life or death mugging? Which do you see or have actual experience with? I would say the first one more than the second one. Because not to many "men" get mugged. That is my own experience and I think the average person has the same. That being the case a stand up street fight you shouldn't be letting someone get close enough to you to "surprise" you with a knee to the nuts. If that happens you deserve to get your shiat stomped into the ground.

I don't know enforcer has all the police statistics maybe he could enlighten us on what happens more.

With the whole combat ki thing I wasn’t saying I’m down with it or anything. I’m just saying it’s possible. I saw those people taking some blows to vital areas. If any thing it shows you that every one has different pain tolerances. So to say all you have to do is hit someone in the nuts and you are guaranteed a win is invalid

2. Originally posted by sayloc
    I dont think that most attackers will attack some one that they think can beat them or even give them a good fight.

That may be one reason the person being attacked is called a "victim".

I think that a 5 foot 6 inch "praying mantis master" would think twice about attacking a 6 foot 4 inch 240 lb lumber jack with little fighting training.
    exactly, size and agressiuveness and fearlessness matters more than skill. If you lack the size just pick up some blunt objetct, you don't need martial arts.

:)

LOL

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    exactly, size and agressiuveness and fearlessness matters more than skill. If you lack the size just pick up some blunt objetct, you don't need martial arts.
    We train with weapons too.

That's all I'll say about that.

5. alot of thsoe bullshido guys that criticised your clips have ring experience so you trying to make my criticism less legimate by saying I don't have any ring experience or clips online is a myute point.

Dude we are talking about what "you" have to bring to the table. Not what someone else says. I have ring experience. I have street experience, therefore I can bring a legitimate conversation to the table. When you come back with a response that frankly makes no sense and is plain ignorant and wrong you bring up a thread of what "someone else" said. Even what they say doesn't hold much merit. So why do you keep posting? Why do you waste your time and our time with garbage talk? Why not just take my offer and come work out with me? That way we can settle any indefferences that way, verbally and physically in person instead of over a board? It's as simple as that.

Cool Re: :)

Originally posted by shirkers1
    Dude we are talking about what "you" have to bring to the table. Not what someone else says. I have ring experience. I have street experience, therefore I can bring a legitimate conversation to the table. When you come back with a response that frankly makes no sense and is plain ignorant and wrong you bring up a thread of what "someone else" said. Even what they say doesn't hold much merit. So why do you keep posting? Why do you waste your time and our time with garbage talk? Why not just take my offer and come work out with me? That way we can settle any indefferences that way, verbally and physically in person instead of over a board? It's as simple as that.
    I would watch out making such bold offers. He'll kick you in the balls and hit you with a blunt object because he is on PCP and is more aggressive.

At least, that's what I'll take away from this thread.

BTL: Did I ever mention I miss moderation?

Re: Re: :)

Originally posted by isol8d
    I would watch out making such bold offers. He'll kick you in the balls and hit you with a blunt object because he is on PCP and is more aggressive.

At least, that's what I'll take away from this thread.

BTL: Did I ever mention I miss moderation?

LOL!
    Me too.
    Who knows; it might make a come-back.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

So did any one see that movie death duel of the mantis? Yeah there is this guy who fights mantis against the chicken fist. Well everytime he does the mantis hand this "vrip" sound happens. Why doesn't that happen when the guys in these video clips do it? **** must mean that they don't really know praying mantis kung fu. That's too bad. Go joe.

10. So you have what kind of ring experience? Just because I diont have ring experience doesnt mean I cant fight. I spar all the time and can use any technique I feel like and even watching thundering mantis I can fight better with mantis than Ive seen in any clip on the net. because I have been sparring for awhile and have the reflexes + cordination to counter strikes just by moving my head in boxing for instance. I dont flinch or close my eyes anymore either, nor do i revert to brawling or ducking while I cover my head. With my delivery system of muay thai + boxing I can use any style I want.

11. I live in Socal so how do you expect me to cross hands with you? Id love to though if you come by sometime, you can try out my gym as well. http://muaythaimayhem.com/

Ive sparred with this guy before a few times:
    http://www.sherdog.com/images/pictures/2112.jpg
    Id like to train cma because I watch alot of shaw brothers movies (before I found a martial art school I was upsessed with learning martial arts and just watched those flicks) and I enjoy the way cma looks and fights.
    Last edited by Enforcer-; 10-25-2004 at 11:49 PM.

enforcer

I boxed for a few years before and after I started training in mantis. I had to stop because my mantis was starting to engrain in my movements I kept wanting to switch my footwork and throw out stuff I wasn't suppose to use out of reflex action. So I was too busy thinking what I couldn't do.

From the way you talk I highly doubt you work out at any of these places or even live in so cal. But I'm always in LA it's only 5 hours away from me. I'm down for training with someone else so I don't mind the drive if that's really where you live. I'm off to work I'll look into it when I get there. I'll get back to you.

Originally posted by Enforcer-

Id like to train cma because I watch alot of shaw brothers movies (before I found a martial art school I was upsessed with learning martial arts and just watched those flicks) and I enjoy the way cma looks and fights.
    Stick with Muay Thai and boxing. You'll do a lot better than trying to fight like a bug.

Knifefighter, he doesn't train mantis. If you've never trained in the style why would you make a comment like that? I know you know how to sport fight, and you have experience. I don't understand how and why you would make an ignorant comment like that.

Re: :)

Originally posted by shirkers1
    If you've never trained in the style why would you make a comment like that? I know you know how to sport fight, and you have experience. I don't understand how and why you would make an ignorant comment like that.
    Because I believe a style that is based on the way the human body moves would be better for him to train that one that is based on the way a bug moves.