Thread: My Green Tea is Orange.

My Green Tea is Orange.

Yeah...I think there might be something wrong with the water. I'm making Celestions green tea, but it comes out orange. Why? Anyone know?

Re: My Green Tea is Orange.

Originally posted by mossman
    Yeah...I think there might be something wrong with the water. I'm making Celestions green tea, but it comes out orange. Why? Anyone know?
    Check if Jasmine is in the ingredients.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I reckon there's nothing wrong. Mine comes out a greeny-orangey colour too IIRC. It's certainly not bright green like you might expect given the leaf colour, or brown like coffee. Mine's Temple of Heaven gunpowder FWIW.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

FD..

does jasmine have a colorant effect?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

I would guess so, since jasmine is more or less always orangish.

you'd think so , but not typically true. There is another reddish flowery / seedy looking thing you sometimes get in Asian tea products. If it's orange, it was likely meant to be. Does anyone know the tannin differences on say a green or black tea as opposed to a floral, coloured or otherwise??

Could google on it and if no-one answers I will and let you all know my results for general interests sake. Several vegos on board doing Iron supplements, ( tannin effecting absorbtion adversely as opposed to vit C) so look fwd to a response or getting back to you myself.

EE
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-22-2004 at 04:52 AM.

Dude, green tea can be from yellow/green to orange to brown depending on how long you steep it for.

Try making a cup with bottled water just to double check that it becomes the same color.

If there's other ingredients that might affect it, too.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Does anyone know the tannin differences on say a green or black tea as opposed to a floral, coloured or otherwise??

Could google on it and if no-one answers I will and let you all know my results for general interests sake
    EE
    okay. so did a google on " tannin content in various teas" and came up with these links

1. http://www.brainyencylcopedia.com/en.../t/te/tea.html

2. www.healtheries.co.nz/page.php?id=6&hbls=7

There are some good pdfs in the google search results page as well so check it out.

cheers

Ego