Thread: Movies

Movies

Hi internal guys,

I've got a question - anyone checked out the xing yi movie series that has Di Guoyong in them? If you search yesasia you'll be able to find them - there's a whole series. Titles like "Xingyi Mixture Styles Boxing", "Appreciation Of Xingyi Quan And Weapon Routines", and so on. I'm curious as to what people thought of them, what people think of him, and what style XY he does.

Thanks.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

In part answer to my own question I google'd this China From Inside link about him and the series.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

3. I bought the "Appreciation of Xingyi Routines" VCD, which covers the whole series but with no voiceovers. I only wished he covered some fighting applications in the VCDs, not just forms. The presentation looks very clear- he does at regular speed then they show it in slowmotion. It may appear more wushu-like and lacking in power though. Overall I thought it was a very good purchase. I'm surprised that the martialartsmart here at KFM does'nt sell them. The series covers weapon routines as well which is nice.

Andrea Falk did a translation of the series:

http://www.thewushucentre.com/diguoyong.htm

which may not be necessary since the DVDs have English subtitles.

Nice link looking_up. Thanks.

Hijacking this thread for Tai Chi in movies and TV

Blood and Bone Bone and Tamara do tai chi (extended)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart