Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun in ShangHai?

Wing Chun in ShangHai?

Hello,

I remember that one of the posters here is currently studying Wing Chun in Shang Hai. Would you mind sending me a PM? I'm in the Puxi area and will be staying here for about a month. I would love to come check you guys out.

Regards,
    Alan

Alan, among other things, I highly recommend a day trip to Suzhou if you can manage it while you're "in the neighborhood." And of course Yu Yuan and Dian Chun Tang . Plus a whole lot of other things, LOL. Not that you'll run short on things to do or see, but email me if you are looking for ideas. While it isn't saying much, I'm slightly more familiar with the Pudong area.

Regards,
    - kj

bump

Hey KJ, thanks for the recommendations. I'm just a *tad* swamped with work, but I'll try to make time to see some sites. I'm doing ok so far, but I still gotta find a laundromat...

Regards,
    Alan

I am relatively a beginer in wing chun. I have been studying it for a little bit here in Shanghai, but since my sifu does not speak english and I don't speak Chinese, I always feel as if I am missing something.... --Hungfutkune
    This may be the gentleman you are looking for.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Hi Alan,

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread. I have been in Canada for the last 3 weeks. I also am currently in the PUXI area.
    I will contact you privately.

Just out of curiousity, what lineage of Wing Chun to you do, and how long have you studied.

HungFutKune

Re: Wing Chun in ShangHai?

Originally posted by Zhuge Liang
    Hello,

I remember that one of the posters here is currently studying Wing Chun in Shang Hai. Would you mind sending me a PM? I'm in the Puxi area and will be staying here for about a month. I would love to come check you guys out.

Regards,
    Alan
    Alan ,
    Peter from out school [ they guy getting tossed around in most of the demo's with Gary ] is moving to Shanghai in 2 weeks , he will be looking for guys to train with
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

hi Ernie,

Sorry I couldn't make contact when I was in LA. I was a lot more busy then I thought I was going to be.

Make sure that when your friend comes to Shanghai that he contacts me. It's always great for me to get knocked around by people who know more Kung Fu than me.

Hungfutkune

What branch WC are you studying there and though relatively noob to WC ( re BL , currently seeking a few month work contract close to a gongfu guan) , could that invite be extended ???

Hi Ego,

I study Cheung Bo (I think that's how you spell it). I have only been training for 3 months.

I don't speak chinese and my instructor doesn't speak english, so I'm sure that I am missing a lot. So I am always interested in meeting people in Shanghai that do wing chun, even just to talk about theories, history and certain techniques.

But be warned, I am strictly a beginner!

Hungfutkune

lol....

I think she's been playing with WC ( dim mak / cavity strikes/ strike concepts / lil sticky pole and hands ) for only a yr or so and has just on rudimentary han yu ( chinese language). But she is dedicated to ( her training and developement both ) and is knowledgable about her current gongs. So can I tell her she should consider herself invited???

btw:- what are you paying there and how often and for how long can train there??........???

Hung,
    Ego is really just some crazy Ozzy chick with a fantasy. OR it's some transformer nerd in Jersey. They share a screen name. Avoid her like the crabs.

Bloomie, you claim to understand Chinese culture and asked in public to be invited to someones school? How embarrassing.
    Last edited by Buddy; 10-23-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Hi All,

It sounds like we might have a mini gathering in Shang Hai, of all places.

Anyways HungFutKune, I've been studying with Kenneth Chung on the US west coast for approximately 3 and half years. His teacher was Leung Sheung and Leung Sheung's teacher was Yip Man. Check out http://www.bawcsa.org for more info. My Chinese, altough functional, is not great, and it's occasionally been difficult communicate. Look foward to meeting a fellow English speaker. Please contact me as soon as you can. I'll be leaving on the 17th of November.

Ernie, so Peter's coming to tear the city apart huh? Unfortunately, I don't have any leads as to what kinds of schools are around here. Peter will probably have more luck finding one (and if he does, tell him to let me know!). As for meeting with HungFutKune, I'm more than happy to give Peter the opportunity to push me around again.

Anyways, HungFutKune, see you soon!

Regards,
    Alan

Originally posted by Buddy
    Bloomie, you claim to understand Chinese culture and asked in public to be invited to someones school? How embarrassing.
    embarressing nothing!!!!!!!!! .the chick does humble well..... do you hate her for wanting it or hate her for thinking she's above it?? No shame in her game!!!!!!

she wants a shifu and and I'm her contact!?

be generous ha

"embarressing nothing!!!!!!!!! .the chick does humble well..... do you hate her for wanting it or hate her for thinking she's above it?? No shame in her game!!!!!!"

No you don't. You beg publically for an invite. You're an internet typist. No one knows you but for your loony internet presence.

she is self professedly desperate for new stimulations,!! but she just wants a respectable and knowledgable; old school shifu and some intellctual stimulation meeting personal challenge goals

........ be nice okay!!!!!!

btw : she's spoken one on one to many a forum member here ( from all lvls of respectabily) who since have acknowledged her gongs and individuality differentuality and non -dual skill !!!!!!

Ps: I still hate you but roll on!!
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-23-2004 at 09:58 PM.