Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wing Chun in ShangHai?

"she is self professedly desperate for new stimulations,!! but she just wants a respectable and knowledgable; old school shifu and some intellctual stimulation meeting personal challenge goals"

But you'll never be ready. How can you learn if you already know?

"she's spoken one on one to many a forum member here ( from all lvls of respectabily) who since have acknowledged her gongs"

This isn't an intellectual exercise, it's skill. I've read what you've wrote and you know nothing. Talk is cheap.

"and individuality differentuality and non -dual skill"

Drunken ramblings

going for the massage!

later

EE

Hey Zhuge,

Send me a private message or email. You definetely have more experience than me!! so it will be great meeting up with you, if you don't mind me picking your brain for info. And it's always good to speak to someone who speaks english. I have sent you an email, but I will send you a PM with more info

Ego,

I am always open to meeting new people in the kung fu world and I don't mind it when people ask for an invite, depending on what an invite means to you (i can't arrange for room and board). If you are in Shanghai do not hesitate to contact me. Send me a PM and I can give you my personal contact info when you come to town.
    Last edited by Hungfutkune; 10-23-2004 at 10:54 PM.

Originally posted by Zhuge Liang

Ernie, so Peter's coming to tear the city apart huh? Unfortunately, I don't have any leads as to what kinds of schools are around here. Peter will probably have more luck finding one (and if he does, tell him to let me know!). As for meeting with HungFutKune, I'm more than happy to give Peter the opportunity to push me around again.

Anyways, HungFutKune, see you soon!

Regards,
    Alan
    Alan ,
    Hung out with Peter last night , he all ready has a list of schools he is going to visit

I will pass on his information when i get it ,
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Looks like I'll be heading back to Shanghai, probably as early as February.

Alan, Hungfutkune, Ernie or others, I'd be grateful for any info on potential Wing Chun contacts while I'm there. It's been pretty "dry" on my previous visits, but time allowing, I'd really look forward to making connections with practitioners or schools.

Feel free to pm or email me if convenient.

Thanks in advance,
    - Kathy Jo

Hi KJ,

I communicated with Hungfutkune over KFO PM mainly when I was in Shang Hai. Both he and his sifu are super super nice guys. Hungfutkune's restaraunt makes some pretty tasty chicken wings as well. I'll email you his contact info offlist. I don't know of any other wing chun schools in Shang Hai however.

Regards,
    Alan

It's been a few years since I've been to shanghai, but the Chin Woo there was building a new facility nex tdoor to the older building, and was apparently bringing in a WC sifu to teach there even though they traditionally teach N. Eagle Claw, preying mantis, and other northern styles. No idea if this actually happened or not, but you might want to check with them.
    Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]

"Learning is not compulsory ... neither is survival."

-W. Edwards Derning

A thought on Civil Discourse:

“Democracy is a means of living together despite our differences. Democratic deliberation is an alternative to physical violence. It is predicated on the assumption that it’s possible to disagree agreeably, that it’s better to laugh than cry, that one can vigorously contest the positions of one’s adversary without questioning his or her personal integrity or motivation, and that parties to a debate are entitled to the presumption that their views are legitimate if not correct.” -Thomas Mann

Alan and Sandman,

Thanks for the tips! I'll let you know how I make out if I manage to make some connections.

Regards,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

hey KJ
    Peter is out there but that boy is a machine, he likes to bang , not sure if it would be fun for you ,

but if you want to meet him i can try and hook it up , he is good at Gary's stuff

he just really likes a good war over layed back training
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Originally posted by Ernie
    hey KJ
    Peter is out there but that boy is a machine, he likes to bang , not sure if it would be fun for you ,

but if you want to meet him i can try and hook it up , he is good at Gary's stuff

he just really likes a good war over layed back training
    If he's a decent and trustworthy sort, then time permitting I don't mind at all trying to contact him in case he has any remote interest to connect up, or to inquire if he can recommend any other feasible contacts in the area. I’ll be sure to let him know I’m not looking for any challenge matches, LOL; just a schlep who enjoys an exchange of ideas on martial arts, tips on a respectable restaurant, or alternatively any to avoid.

Feel free to PM, email, or whatever is easiest.

Thanks,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

Shanghai?

Well, its not WC but there is a guy there named:

Cai Song Feng who is supposed to be very very good at Yang Taiji and soft jing discharge. Can he fight? Dont know! Can you learn about the body and soft jing from him? No doubt.

Could be worth checking out!

If anything you can try to learn about Wuji Zhuang from him and its importance!

Have fun!

Jim

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    Shanghai?

Well, its not WC but there is a guy there named:

Cai Song Feng who is supposed to be very very good at Yang Taiji and soft jing discharge. Can he fight? Dont know! Can you learn about the body and soft jing from him? No doubt.

Could be worth checking out!

If anything you can try to learn about Wuji Zhuang from him and its importance!

Have fun!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I am aware of Cai. He's way high on my "wish list." I am not holding my breath however. I've inquired, and understand that he does not teach publicly, and is relatively reclusive (or lives rather remotely, or both), at least as regards random MA visitors. If I ever get lucky enough for some sort of introduction (I'm not counting on it), you can count me there. The anguish of being so close, yet so far away, LOL.

FWIW, Ken has met him. They were supposed to meet up again last time he was in Shanghai, but their timing failed to coincide. I have a hunch that he will be seeing Cai again looooong before I do.

Regards & Thanks,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

Hi guys,

I just got a job in Shanhai for a year and i will be there from the 8th of Feb (Kung hay fa choi , but it would be awesome if I could meet up with some of you and train???? I am probably a beginner/ntermediate level with about 5.5 yrs experience.

Training background is Lee Shing -> Joseph Man -> me in the UK, and then Chu Chong Tin -> Joe Chan -> Me, back here in Melbourne. Trained at Dave Petersons school for a few months, but it was too hard for me to get to as well.

I am working/living in the French Concession area near Maoming Lu if you know it - Willing to be someones live dummy for food

later

King of Dumplings
    "I must represent by whooping your ass
    royally..." - fugees