Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub-Epidermal Cyst

Sub-Epidermal Cyst

I have a cyst over my left kidney. I've had it for about 3 years now. It started off the size of a b.b. and now has grow to the size of a skittle. I went to the doctor about 2 years ago and they said it was a sub-epidermal cyst and was nothing to worry about. Lately, its been feeling like its cramping up and it hurts a little, but not when I touch or press on it.

Whats the deal? What causes cysts? What can be done about it? Is there alternatives to surgery? Can it be cancer?

Its actually a little scary...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

cysts are filled with either air, pus or if polinidal, likely foreign bodies. or if involving the kidneys are filled with water. They are caused by infection or contamination from foreign substances, or clogging of sebaceous glands, in this case the lymphatic system. It is extremely unlikely that it will result in a cancer and it it's probably inflamed because of either the amount of fluid you're drinking ( insufficient) or the acidity of it, possibley combined with a bump.

THere are some great teas and such that you can buy from any pharmacy, naturapath or your local tcm doctor that will flush your lymphatic system and should clear it up fairly rapidly. I don't think you're going to die, but talk to a professional in alternative theraphies and once its reduced, take extra care with fluids for a bit and you'll be peachy.

Ego
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-17-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Here's a link that might help a bit.

Michelle, you were almost correct there. Most of what you said was actually about right. Is it a Blue Moon today?

However:
    They are caused by infection or contamination from foreign substances, or clogging of sebaceous glands, in this case the lymphatic system.
    This has nothing to do with the lymphatic system.
    It is extremely unlikely that it will result in a cancer
    If it is indeed a cyst as described, it will certainly not "become" a cancer.
    it's probably inflamed because of either the amount of fluid you're drinking ( insufficient) or the acidity of it, possibley combined with a bump.
    This is random speculation. Where do you get these ideas from?
    Ego
    You're not Kelvin. Stop pretending that you are.

Otherwise, not bad. You should try to post like that more often.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Serpant,

Blockage of Lymphatic system and cysts:
    http://www.007b.com/fibrocystic_doctors.php

Example of cysts that can develop into cancer: A cystadenoma of the pancreas is a tumor composed of fluid-filled cysts along with glandular tissue. These tumors are most often benign, but they occasionally develop into cancer.

The name's ego not michelle and I'm not Kelvin.

Here's a link from medline plus medical encyclopedia on kidney cysts and their relation to lymphatic glands :- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003240.htm

Serpant :- enjoy your bitter public wrongness.
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-18-2004 at 04:30 AM.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Serpant,

Blockage of Lymphatic system and cysts:
    http://www.007b.com/fibrocystic_doctors.php
    He's not talking about a fybrocystic lump.
    Example of cysts that can develop into cancer: A cystadenoma of the pancreas is a tumor composed of fluid-filled cysts along with glandular tissue. These tumors are most often benign, but they occasionally develop into cancer.
    The cyst is dermal (or sub dermal), not on his kidney.
    The name's ego not michelle and I'm not Kelvin.
    You are obviously Michelle. Everybody knows it, so quit the facade.
    Here's a link from medline plus medical encyclopedia on kidney cysts and their relation to lymphatic glands :- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003240.htm

Serpant :- enjoy your bitter public wrongness.
    See previous comments.

But I'm impressed - you even provided links! Now all we need is for you to provide links that are relevant to the point.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Thanks for the info, friends, but niether of your links worked. Got anything else. Its not on my Kidney ( I think I would have pain urinating if it was) and was diagnosed as a '"sub-epidermal cyst". I'm just worried because it has doubled in size in the past 3 years.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

not on/ in / around or to do with your kidney??????

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I have a cyst over my left kidney...

is this some kinda hoax / test your knowledge thing???

Originally posted by Serpent
    He's not talking about a fybrocystic lump.

The cyst is dermal (or sub dermal), not on his kidney.

You are obviously Michelle. Everybody knows it, so quit the facade.

See previous comments.

But I'm impressed - you even provided links! Now all we need is for you to provide links that are relevant to the point.
    Look Serpie, if you search google on cysts, the medline link from the med encylo is one of the first you'll get.. have a read , come back and tell me it's irreleavant with a straight face. Ps: B and I always posted links, but some trolls 'd rather prove ( logicise / declare and bs ) a guy wrong than read the thing!

Ps: according to his diagnosis, the cyst is either attatched to or under his kidney.......

CPa: if you want advice, pls be clear and spedcific..especially if you're genuinely concerned....... not web-doctors, but we'll do our best to alleviate your problem.
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-18-2004 at 08:23 AM.

Over, ego, over.

Not on. There is a difference. Its not underneath the muscle. I have been very clear and my story has not changed.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

cysts, moles, third nipples, prehensile tails...

as a general rule of thumb CPA, any anomaly you have that changes or gets worse (bigger) over time should be a question for your doctor.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Over, ego, over.

Not on. There is a difference. Its not underneath the muscle. I have been very clear and my story has not changed.
    agree with Ming here, but for claritys sake, the cyst is over your kidney but not attatched to? So where exactly is it?? Have a general interest myself so thx for giving me something to consider.

Ego, ego, ego...
    You just earned your "Excuse me, I'm a retard" sign.

lets see. Whats under the skin, but over the internal organs?

A.bone
    B. God
    C. Trombone
    D. Muscle
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

forget it.

oooo!! OOOOO!!

Trombone! Trombone!
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

you are such an unsexy geek !! don't feel too bad though, alot of ppl dig that