Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langauge?

Simple,Since the PRC is in Power they have dictated that Mandarin(汉语,国语,普通话) is the national language.Politics, thus the current business language is mandarin,and seeing as every school in the PRC teaches in Mandarin meaning that everyone can atleast comunicate in mandarin, this would be a good place to start.This is unlikely to change.
    My advice is learn Mandarin first,then go learn your dialect but learn Fantizi繁体子 (traditonal characters) first or as well as jiantizi简体子 (simplified) which will aid you in many areas of Asia.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    I guess I have spent time with her recently and it shows in my posts!!!???!
    So Eyebrows, hypothetically speaking, you're pretending that Kelvin's spent time with Eyebrows? Kelvin who pretends to be Ego who supposedly lives in New Jersey and is confined to a wheelchair? Kelvin/Ego who recently said he's never been to China? And he's spent time with you who's been living in China for over a year? And you guys only came in contact with one another for the first time about 2 months ago on this forum? Uh-huh.

You are so dumb Eyebrows. You know who I picture you as? Pauline Hanson. You seem to have the same level of intelligence as that dolt.
    Last edited by Toby; 10-21-2004 at 01:16 AM.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

no you don't and I don't like....... nonsensical trolls...

if you're going to it, at least , fgs ( for gods sake ), have some substance it about it!

I said I'd visted china way back and am still talking and messengering with BL who is still there. Other members have also spoken to her recently and know we're not the same person. Just close and have mutual interests is all.

okay super slueth. onto it right!

but back to topic......

Other members have also spoken to her recently and know we're not the same person.
    No offense to you, but I just got here and know you're not the same person. I think that was exactly the implication. ???

Ka or anyone, which type of characters would you recommend studying? If you study traditional, is it fairly easy to understand the simplified when you see them? And vice versa? (I know which places use which type, though, so that's not my question.)

Thanks in advance!

"I said I'd visted china way back "

No, you said you stopped there, after being called out on it. You said you only passed through. Get Kelvin's story right, Bloomie

If you have the choice available I would study Traditional (at least be able to read traditional).If you are serious with your study you will be exposed to both.I was forced to learn simplified only,which put me behind in country,as I found regconizing traditional, from only a base of simplified very difficult.Most texts that have any interest for myself (philosophy and medical )use traditional and most signs in Japan parts of China and SEAsia(ofcause Taiwan/Hong Kong) will all use traditional.Generally if you have traditional it is easy to recognize Simplified but like I said most good schools should expose you to both at the same time.

Most mainlanders can recognize traditional,most admit they can't write traditonal very well but reading is not a big problem.(but hey most fluent speakers of Chinese or Japanese I know happily admit to refering to dictionaries much more then english speaker's when writing academic essays.)Memorizing characters is hard(trad or simple),stick at it and get in to Calligraphy,(shufa书法) it helps.
    Hope thats of use.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Buddy,

I don't see thje inconsistance in what I had said. You of all people should not be trying to pick on others for inconsistanceis. One moment you said you were and actor and next moment you said you were not. But who cares because you didn't have proper training anyway.

Ka,

You're right, chinese is one of the hardest languages to master. I would hate studying chinese over a long period of time.

I said I'd visted china way back ...
    Bull****. From here:
    I've never been to china
    Like I said in the other thread, you're a lying piece of ****. What's worse is that Kelvin is a compulsive lier and Eyebrows is lying pretending not to be posting so we get a double dose of lies where neither party can maintain consistentency. At least before Eyebrows didn't lie - she was just wrong.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Originally posted by Toby
    At least before Eyebrows didn't lie - she was just wrong.
    Certified genius?
    $10,000 per day model for Ralph?
    Lead singer of Savage Garden?

Etc., etc.....

C'mon Tobes, Eyebrows is as pathological a liar as Kelvin, only dumber.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Yeah, I'll concede she is prone to exaggeration, but I always got the feeling that she believed her stories. So I wouldn't call her a lier as such, but more someone suffering delusional fantasies. Kelvin OTOH, is a pathological lier. He knows full well what he's writing.

there is no ( or little but for return trolling ) exaggeration, but everythiung the woman said you jumped on ,trolled and twisted , embellished with your grandioses and called it what she was trying to say.

Ps: if I recall correctly, for ugly as serpent says he thinks she is, the $10 000 a week was to model in Japan, which she turned down to pusue her blisses in training and shaolin , ralph paid up to $1500 double pg spread and savage garden wasn't even savage garden back then, and btw, she smokes to much to sound too sweet these days anyway!

and while we're here, has been doing some hard life CHina style and probably looks like shyte to boot!!

Don't try to back out of it now, Michelle. We can dig up the threads to prove it if you like. Anyway, as Toby said, Ego is more the pathological liar and you're more the delusional nutcase.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you're banned. Go away.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

no-one is backing out of anything, except for regretable comments re net - friend we're not mentioning.!!!

hmmmmm...... I don't wanna play troll pon troll today , so taking bat and ball and spliting!

have a god one

EE

a god one?

illiterate at times ha??