Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a mung-bean eating hippy

Originally posted by Toby

BTW, thanks for the recommendation on the juicer . I found one for $89 here in Perth. 1/2 hr later (after I'd ordered it) I found one at bondiwheatgrass (or something) for $80 . Oh well. Still, most online ones were more than that.
    No worries,LOL like shopping in Asia,you can never, ever get the cheapest price!

I not going to say WG is some sort of Life changing thing,as I certinly didn't see any such effects,I just look on it as another veggie and that can't be bad for me.I would rather do it myself(juice that is) then spend money and time at those franchised Juice bars.That said I highly recommend juicing Ginger,truly good stuff if under the weather.
    I did notice you like your cooking,so try juicing Garlic and use the mince and the juice in your Italian dishes.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Serpent
    GNC at Glebe sells a simular juicer for a little more$.Some of the other Health food shops stock different styles.Single or double Auger style is the Go(will juice just about anything grasses soft/hard fruit vegs nuts) , which is basically a mincer which crushes and cold presses the fruit /veg.This sometimes means less juice but a more concertrated flavour then centrifical juicers.Plus some argue its a less refined approach,more "natural" etc.You can buy electric auger style but they will cost you.
    Yes, you do have to prepare fruit /veg by peeling, cutting(for size and ease),and you do have to clean the jucier after every use(nothing new there).
    Hope thats usefull.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

I used to live with Vyvvian.

Juicers are all good. Juice is all good.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Re: I'm a mung-bean eating hippy

Couple of commercial links.
    I bought from the first one, which is in Perth. This place is better value, and over your side. But I cringe anytime I see the word Bondi - dunno why . Pretty much every site has the same juicers and the placcy one's the cheapest (and the one Ka recommended). Whatever you choose, the auger ones are for grass (as well as juice) whereas the chopping ones (like our old Breville leccy one) aren't good. That Bondi place sells everything else you need too (seed, trays, etc). I see Ka's jumped in with advice too. If you get the placcy one, make sure it's a Genoooine Mk3, since the Mk1 is cheaper but missing a few goodies.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Originally posted by Ka
    No worries,LOL like shopping in Asia,you can never, ever get the cheapest price!
    I'm normally pretty good and do extensive research first. I'd looked at these when you posted about them earlier, but I didn't research prices. Yesterday was a semi-impulse buy.
    Originally posted by Ka
    I not going to say WG is some sort of Life changing thing,as I certinly didn't see any such effects,
    Not expecting those effects either.
    Originally posted by Ka
    I just look on it as another veggie and that can't be bad for me.I would rather do it myself(juice that is) then spend money and time at those franchised Juice bars.
    Agreed.
    Originally posted by Ka
    That said I highly recommend juicing Ginger,truly good stuff if under the weather.
    I did notice you like your cooking,so try juicing Garlic and use the mince and the juice in your Italian dishes.
    Mmm, ginger. Love it. Ginger beer (e.g. the Bundy one), ginger ale. I used to mix Stone's Green Ginger Wine shots with beer once - tried that? Garlic? Maybe - I've got a funky press that you can store the peeled cloves in a tube like thing and only press what you need when you need - like a screw-driven ram inside a tube. I use that mostly.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Originally posted by Mat
    I used to live with Vyvvian.
    Adrian Edmondson? Cool.

At least I never wanted to be Rick, like Serpent did .

Mmm, ginger. Love it. Ginger beer (e.g. the Bundy one), ginger ale. I used to mix Stone's Green Ginger Wine shots with beer once - tried that?
    Stone's Green Ginger,the liquid behind every Aussie teenagers first dunny bowel regurgitation session.

Groundskeeper Willy

Adrian Edmondson? Cool.

At least I never wanted to be Rick, like Serpent did .
    Hey! That's *****, with a silent P! (according to Vyvyian anyway!)

Mat - did you really live with Adrian Edmondson?

Thanks for the juicer tips - I'll investigate.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Adrian Edmondson? Cool.
    No. I used to live with a geezer who would wander round the house shouting "BORED BORED BORED!!!" and punching things. He sharpened every piece of metal he could find into an item of violence, except for the bits he welded together. He occasionally threw things like fire extinguishers at people, and would hide behind the corners in the house to ambush people. He even tatooed himself and mispelled his name. I **** you not.

And that was just on days when even mindless violence seemed boring.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Roflmao! Is that why you took up KF?!

Nah, he was a mate of mine, and his old man was my karate teacher for a few years, so we used to spar a lot. He used to lose it a bit though, his eyes would glaze over and he would forget to pull punches, or headbutt you or something... Big lad, 6'3" and sometime steelworker, natural born brawler... hit him and hit him - ****er would not go down!!!

Sharpened me up no end...

Had a bouncing job with him once and spent more time trying to keep him out of trouble than the punters! Still came in handy when he threatened the boss for trying not to pay us!!!

Those were the days...

BORED BORED BORED!!!

Originally posted by Serpent
    Hey! That's *****, with a silent P! (according to Vyvyian anyway!)
    lol and @ the flashback!

Do you really do garlic with your ginger beers/ales ?? Do you do it sweet? and off the shelf ( ? brand ) or make you own?? What does it taste like?? I can see the value, but is it paletable?? can't picture it.

"lol and @ the flashback!"

from your teen years in Oz, Kelvin?

right.... and "the young ones" being an English sitcom, wasn't broadcast anywhere but there!!

haven't got out much for a few decades I see!

"haven't got out much for a few decades I see!"

Just know who you are Bloomie.