Thread: Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

I kept mine when I came over on the boat.

Re: Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

Originally posted by yellowpikachu
    I modernized it added gun powder and now it's a gun

but even bullets spiral and curve
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

In the dustbin of history along with the hammer.

I got mine by sending in a Weeties boxtop.

In the garage with the other tools.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Re: Red Boat, we got a problem--- where is our sickle?

I've got my "Lim". Don't know about the others. :-) They may be mistaking it for a "fook."

Keith

This reminds me of the first time I learn how to use the Tan with Greg Manwaring. I asked him why the thumb is flat on the same level with the palm. He told me in so doing the thumb can be used as a hook. =)
    Last edited by PaulH; 10-10-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Hendrik wrote on another thread:
    WCK movements have a "sickle cut" in the return path. Before and after the "sickling" it is not a linear approach. That "sickle" differentiates WCK from other arts that co-existed on the Red Boats.

OK. Now the topic of this thread makes a little better sense! :-) Care to elaborate on this idea of "sickling"? Do you mean that the retraction of a punch or other technique does not follow a direct/linear path back towards the body?

Keith

rather,one might well ask:where is wc's rudder.i imagine,because of the secretive way the chinese invented wc,that without the umbrella organization that more popular ma's have [ie judo,karate,tkd and bjj],wing chun will always have problems with future direction and formal events that test [and therefore boost the morale of its practioners] and spread the word wc to others.if you read rene's book,the big red one,it talks bout having belief in wc,however,at the same time,there are so many styles and teachers at drift to choose from,its distracting.

Russ.

Originally posted by KPM
    Hendrik wrote on another thread:
    WCK movements have a "sickle cut" in the return path. Before and after the "sickling" it is not a linear approach. That "sickle" differentiates WCK from other arts that co-existed on the Red Boats.

OK. Now the topic of this thread makes a little better sense! :-) Care to elaborate on this idea of "sickling"? Do you mean that the retraction of a punch or other technique does not follow a direct/linear path back towards the body?

Keith

Well, now I learn my lesson from those HOW MUCH one got to pay for WIng CHun Training.

1, learning pikachun extinct snake body ---- 6 months. Price . comitting to be a vegitarian two days a week for life time

2, learning pikachun extinct sickiling ---- 3 months. Price. Comitting to be a vegitarian one day a week for life time.

3, Learning pikachun FA jing and the process of the 4 type of power generation. ----- 1 year. Price, committing to be a vegitarian 3 days a week for life time.

So, how many vegitarian meals you dare to take to ask for the information about Sickle?

Well, now I learn my lesson from those HOW MUCH one got to pay for WIng CHun Training.

1, learning pikachun extinct snake body ---- 6 months. Price . comitting to be a vegitarian two days a week for life time

2, learning pikachun extinct sickiling ---- 3 months. Price. Comitting to be a vegitarian one day a week for life time.

3, Learning pikachun FA jing and the process of the 4 type of power generation. ----- 1 year. Price, committing to be a vegitarian 3 days a week for life time.

So, how many vegitarian meals you dare to take to ask for the information about Sickle?
    i am a vegitarian , now your going to force me to eat meat
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Originally posted by Ernie
    i am a vegitarian , now your going to force me to eat meat
    Nope. you have to become a Vagen then

There is a new South Indian all vegetarian restaurant on Scottsdale road in the Tempe/Scottsdale border area...fantastically cooked and great variety of meatless dishes.
    I have started going there atleast twice a week.

I dont recall the exact name-- Udupi... possibly.

Changing habits aint easy.

Paradox--- there are some peaceful T bone folks and then there is Ernie the vegetarian!

There must be a deeper meaning to all of this-
    The good soldier Schweik-the old German movie.

Joy,

great!

I am going to have an Indian Vegitarian lunch tomorrow!
    all different type of curry taste real good!