Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: large golden bell

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    bragging rights?
    Fair enough. But it still isn't helpful in a fight unless, before your enemy attacks you, you go "hold on, let me get in the right pose and charge my qi up. I'll tell you when you can hit me."
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Buddy,

"Why are you discussing dead actors?"

You're an actor also. Guess you've got to die before people would bother talking about you. But till then keep your ma credentials to yourself.
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-25-2004 at 05:50 AM.

"wong jack man comes to mind who was one of Northern Shaolin's succesors and current grabdmasters"

Wong beat him.

"To use this skill practically is superimposition of it with the rest of your arsenal and part of using the majority of it.. I 'm probably not literating that so well but I can guarantee you Buddy, if you were here and I'd gladly take you up"

No, in typical fashion, you're not. And that's bold talk from an internet keyboard warrior. Easy to boast when you know you won't have to back it up.

"You're an actor also."

No, I'm not. I did, as a job, portray historical personages. Now I'm a real estate investor. Even though you know that, you still insist on playing the fool. And you're not even acting.

Tim was right about GBC.

Buddy,

Go to the JKD forum and people there will say that Bruce beat Wong. why is that?

Originally posted by Buddy
    "Who is to say what can happen and what can't happen. "

Well I'll risk it. You can't develop, through qigong, the ability to withstand a legitimate slice or stab by a sharp edged weapon.

"Another way to look at it is, Do you believe in the bible? or Buddhism, etc. if so saving oneself from a knife wound is cake."

Logic eludes you. The bible is a book and buddhism is a universaly recognized system of thought. Both easily verifiable as existing. Saving ones self with cake is not.

"Beleive it or not. I have seen masters take hits as I said in one of my posts. I have no reason to lie, nor is it in my nature to want to promote fantasy."

I understand you believe what you see. I also understand that this alleged skill is useless in real combat. Seems to me training to hit the other guy better would serve you to a greater degree.

"But I undrestand you. I was the same way until I did see it with my own eyes. The thing is you don't believe what you can't understand."

Don't condecend to me, boy. You don't know me or know what I know. What I've seen would turn your nuts into raisins.

"Do you believe wind can kill you? do you beleive wind can push over a house? Do you see wind as you would see the water in the ocean? what holds the planes and birds in the sky?"

You're not serious, right?

"So if one understands and learns the true secret of nature. one would see the wind as we would see the ground we walk on. thus we could walk on it."

Thus? Are you smoking a clove cigarette and wearing patchouly as you type?

"There are so many mysteries, in ancient ideas and training. even though we are so advanced we lost our root with nature. So I see it as the more we gain the more we lose, unless we preserve."

Clearly you're not an economist.
    I think the point here is that Qi gong is far more deeper than breaking bricks or bamboo over your head. There is a spiritual side to Qi gong not just the physical side. A spiritual side that is only important to the one who is practicing it. It's hard to turn non-believers into believers. Martial arts is not just about winning a fight. Having the fastest hands and the fastest feet is really not important. You win most of your fights with your mind rather than your fists. This is a concept you fail to see. The point about the masters displaying unspeakable feats of Qi gong is that most of them are humble but can kill you with one blow. So your gonna question whether Qi gong is "combat effective"? You seem like a huge skeptic for someone who studies internal arts.

6. Wong beat him.
    bs, it was a tie at best and wong started running away half way through the match. If Bruce truly lost he wouldnt be teaching and we wouldnt know his name.

Cause either of you were there.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Since those two jackazses are gone I've got no bone to pick. I'll address your comments without vitriol. I'm going to leave the Bruce Lee stuff alone because I don't care. I will say I know people who were there, and the Chinese newspapers of the time bear this out.

"I think the point here is that Qi gong is far more deeper than breaking bricks or bamboo over your head. There is a spiritual side to Qi gong not just the physical side. A spiritual side that is only important to the one who is practicing it. It's hard to turn non-believers into believers."

You're preaching to the choir here. I have had some very unusual things happen as a direct result of practicing neigong. This spiritual business of neigong is very important to me, more so than fighting.

"Martial arts is not just about winning a fight."

Yes, it is. The very term defines it. You're not talking about just martial arts and to that degree, I concur.

"Having the fastest hands and the fastest feet is really not important. You win most of your fights with your mind rather than your fists. This is a concept you fail to see."

Ah, here you condescend. You have no idea about what I know or don't know. You cannot and should not infer one thing as a result of reading another.

"The point about the masters displaying unspeakable feats of Qi gong is that most of them are humble but can kill you with one blow."

Most? You should get out more. This is the stuff of martial novels. Read Masters and Methods by Robert Smith. Most of the
    "masters" in that book were quite cokky (man, this board censors everything so I have to mispell it) and self absorbed. I think that is a healthy attitude for someone who makes their living as a martial arts fighter or teacher. There are very few Kwai Chang Kaines out there.

"So your gonna question whether Qi gong is "combat effective"? You seem like a huge skeptic for someone who studies internal arts."

Ah the key word is seem. You create a vision in your mind of who I am and what I "seem" and react to that. I can't respond to your idea of who I am. If you'd like to know, just ask.

My issue here was this nonsense that gold bell cover would keep you from being harmed by edged weapons. That's just stupid and should not be tolerated.
    Last edited by Buddy; 10-26-2004 at 05:54 AM.

to this thread, lol, it has totally gone off track.

There are still in practice, Yoga, Dhayana exercises and Qigongs that help one to regulate blood flow.

Herodotus wrote of how the scythians were stopped at India and became mystified at the abilities of their opponents to stop blood flow to a wound they had inflicted. There were utterly amazed at this. Everything they had thought to be true about warfare was chugged in their faces. They ended their expansion and shortly after their encounters with the east, they dissappeared and became all the other peoples we know them as now, the rus, the vikngr, and others.

Now, while this is not Large Golden Bell as propogated by Master Ku and his teachers and others of his time and later. He was a notable master of it though and was said to have demonstrated small and large golden bell on occasion as well as his kungfu and Iron palm skills. the effects of this type of training are similar and could easily be construed by a later generation to mean something other than what it is. It is easy to think that if you could stop blood flow to a wound, then you have reveresed whatever damage the bladed weapon may have inflicted. IN the meantime, the effect is temporary and you still need to heal that area.

anyway, i digress.

I do think that LGB is taught by Lam Kwoon though. And Iron body skills are available from many good sources. There simply are a great deal of martial practitioners out there who are in no way part of the mainstream martial arts culture like the rest of us. They for the most part can't be bothered to write a book or open a public kwoon or "sell" their art form in anyway. So, it is impossible to say whether or not the full teachings are or are not available to be passed down. who knows?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Buddy is right about the BL and WJM fight.

People who understand the Chinese Culture and the traditional way of how the Chinese think realize what really happen by judging what occurred shortly after the match. They do not have to be there to understand what really happen in the fight.

In traditional Chinese Culture, in order to "save face" one does certain things to recover his face in the Chinese community.

1. You close your school.
    2. You change your style.
    3. You leave the area.

As someone who understands the Chinese Traditional Culture, it is very clear to me what happen.

History has it that the Chinese community accepted what has occurred and also accepts the fact that both men have equally contributed greatly to the TCMA comminuty. Enough is said.

Case Close.

"It is easy to think that if you could stop blood flow to a wound, then you have reveresed whatever damage the bladed weapon may have inflicted."

Well that's a big if. If I slice your femoral artery you'll bleed out in minutes, GBC or not.

well, we're slicing hairs now. lol

If you can regulate bloodflow, there's a lot of damage you could live through. Of course slicing through arteries or piercing the heart would be lethal as ever, but in sword fighting, most of the damage is to the arms, shoulders and chest.

I suppose occaisionally a shooter swordsman may go for the legs.

Iron body skills build on and improve the bodies already strong and innate defensive systems. Not sure how much of the training is left and whos got it and whos getting it only what I read.

...anyway
    Kung Fu is good for you.