Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lightness skill

Agreed.

Ninja disappearing acts are forefathers of modern day magician acts. Full of deceptions to trick your eyes.

SPJ,

But like modern day magicians, they think laterally in order to confound their enemies. Ninjas have the advantage of disguizes and gadedgery like modern day spies.

If they encounter a group of enraged samuris, they won't stand their gorund and fight them with katanas but would use, throw stars, smoke bombs and spikes to cover his escape into the bamboo groves. Those smauris who are silly enough to follow the ninja would be cut up one at a time through well planned ambushes.

One on one, sword against sword, the samuri would be vastly superior. But the ninjas have cunning and stealth on their side. That's why they wear black, like the F117A fighter or B2 bomber of today.

Ninjai didn't wear black. Thats a myth.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

FuXnDajenariht,

You're right. The color's actually grey, or was that red ...... better steathiness than black.
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-25-2004 at 05:42 AM.

Lightness training that enabled you to fly or leap over a house would give you a huge advantage in the Olympics.

Why do you say a samurai would own a ninja in a one-on-one fight? They both studied a similar version of the same art. Assuming the ninja wasn't allowed to use any special tricks I think it would be a pretty even match.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

IronFist,

Ninjas practiced lightness skill, but certainly couldn't leap over houses. They can jump high, but that's not good against someone who's weilding a katana who could easily slice you up in mid air. Fact is samuris practice using the sword alot more than a ninja.

But if the Ninja had some kind of chain / rope dart, he could latch the this on to a tree to swing himslef up with the assistance of lightless skill. As the samuri looks up in confusion, he could release a volley of shirikans to slow down the samuri.

It's not entirely true that Ninjas can jump across roof, but with the aid of their grappling tools they can swing across large expanses without a problem.

Wearing gray or red gives them camoflague against the night sky especially when then stake out their victims high up in the tree tops and they training their night vision. This is the art of evasion! They also have rolls and steps and techs ( like throwing sand in your eyes while they step behind you, or rolls they can easily gain 10 ft out of there from ) that just make it look like they're dissappearing. Masters of illusion indeed.

btw ninjutsu came from china if trace it back far enough and samuri is Japanese.
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-25-2004 at 05:52 AM.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    FuXnDajenariht,

You're right. The color's actually grey, or was that red ...... better steathiness than black.
    yea i can sense the sarcasm, but grey wooould actually be more stealthy than black. do a search on it. do you know how much you'd stick out in a forest in bright daylight wearing black? plus some historians question the whole ninja outfit thing anyway. they were farmers after all. i dont think it mattered how much u tried to hide ur face. if u were someplace u weren't supposed to be and not a samurai chances are ur ass had a lot of explaining to do. think about it...could i get away with preteniding to be a lowly farmer in peasants clothes if i had an all black "ninja" outfit on? thats just my opine-yon tho

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

FuXnDajenariht,

You're right. In the day time they may appear to be lowly farmers while they observe their target. They will dorne their black or grey outfit at night, scale the high walls of the imperial castle do the assination and disappear into the night.

thats a possiblity. but they supposedly trained in disguises, deception and acting just as much as assassining(i know its not a word). doesn't Bujinkan have an entire ryu based on that? you might get closer to your target pretending to be his servant than flying around on a grappling hook taking out guards with ninja stars. lol

FuXnDajenariht,

Yes, some ninjas do that. They are very good with disguises and painstaking replicate the dress code, mannerizm and imitate voices so they can blend in. It takes guts to do that, because one slip and the game is up. These ninjas would study more in the way of humanities, learning language skills and cultures.

Some ninjas prefer the quick and agressive approach, using their tricks and gadgetry to the full. These ninjas are more the military tacticain who will scope out in great detail and partience the flaws in their opponent's defence and act rapidly on that when the time is right.

A ninja with good skill sets in both would be a very dangerous opponent, much like espianoge agents who not only can ski and also tango.

Listening to the two of you is really cracking me up! Such an authority on something that really never happened and has been embemlished to the point of ninja's flying through the air LOL.

I am not saying that ninjitsu never exsisted, it did. However it is a Japanese term used to mean something not someone.

In fuedal japan there were people paid to gather intellegence, that's all. Sometimes when escaping capture they would flee and the more times they would flee he more they needed to work on aids to help them , hence escape tools, but as this legend grew it was a good story to tell children, of the silent assasins who dressed in black and would sneak into the halls and kill samurai's.

This has grown over 500 years to sound like the stories you guys have told in your posts. Or maybe you just saw one to many Steve Hayes ninja movies.

I love it when people on this board say things so outrageous but sound so conviencing to the point where I think they actually believe what they say..........

What ever it is please dont stop it's good for a laugh..............
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 10-25-2004 at 07:29 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Dark blue is the best color. At night, dark black will stand out and people will see your outline.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    Listening to the two of you is really cracking me up! Such an authority on something that really never happened and has been embemlished to the point of ninja's flying through the air LOL.

I am not saying that ninjitsu never exsisted, it did. However it is a Japanese term used to mean something not someone.

In fuedal japan there were people paid to gather intellegence, that's all. Sometimes when escaping capture they would flee and the more times they would flee he more they needed to work on aids to help them , hence escape tools, but as this legend grew it was a good story to tell children, of the silent assasins who dressed in black and would sneak into the halls and kill samurai's.

This has grown over 500 years to sound like the stories you guys have told in your posts. Or maybe you just saw one to many Steve Hayes ninja movies.

I love it when people on this board say things so outrageous but sound so conviencing to the point where I think they actually believe what they say..........

What ever it is please dont stop it's good for a laugh..............
    who the hell said anything about ninja flying through the air? and how the hell do you know what i believe and dont? i didn't think it was a crime to speculate about something. im glad you find it so humorous though. hmm and your a sifu?

enforcer said..........."but can you actually jump over walls like in movies and martial art stories about famous masters"?

then you said................ you might get closer to your target pretending to be his servant than flying around on a grappling hook taking out guards with ninja stars.

So to answer your question........ YOU DID!

I never said I knew what you believe. it just seems you have bought into the bedtime stories about ninja's blowing their simple taks out of porportion.

it's not a crime to speculate, but is that what you are doing? specualting?

Or are you just posting stories youver heard and trying to make other people belive what you say?

Is it not my right to laugh to something I find amusing? especially fairtales like the ones you have posted?

And yes I am a shrfu..... 6th generation lineage holder of Ba Bu Tang Lang to be exact.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Ok for one. I never claimed to know anything about ninjutsu. I have some interest in it, but I dont lose sleep thinking about whether they match a hollywood image or not.

Second, you really shouldn't take things so literally. Theres this thing called sarcasm and in your defense it might be a lil hard to judge when someone is joking on an internet forum, but do i really need to fill up my posts with smilie faces for you to get it? I thought the tone was set with my first post........anyway

Ego and Enforcer posted their thoughts about how ninja operated back then, which i do believe are probably embellished. So i posted a what if situation which i clearly labeled as my opinion, that made a lil more sense to me than climbing walls and flying around on ropes to . And yes i got a few of my opinions from "histories" that i read about their art.

Historians rarely agree on anything and how could they unless they have unnaturally long life spans? Most history after a certain point is mostly speculation. I dont know where you got your info from but i doubt everyone agrees with that either. I dont pull things out of my ass. If i said something that i wanted you to believe i would of left a source. Plain and simple.

And im sorry but i didn't know i was being monitored by the thought police. I promise ill be more politically correct next time. Hold on..... first lemme put the stick back in my ass.....Oh wait, i lost mines........lemme borrow yours.

Oh i know what'll make you feel better..... Not only can you kick my ass but your so superior to me in every way Happy now? The whole forum knows.