Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

how wide is YJKYM suppost to be, one shoulder wide , more then one and half shoulder wide?? and how much bending the knees needs to be? where do you rest your body weight? and why?

Care to share your thougths ?

Re: how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

Originally posted by yellowpikachu
    how wide is YJKYM suppost to be, one shoulder wide , more then one and half shoulder wide?? and how much bending the knees needs to be? where do you rest your body weight? and why?

---One shoulder width, knees bent to 1 fist distance between them, body weight over the center of the arch of the foot because this is where the ground reaction force falls.

---Sure! Care to share yours? :-)

Keith

Hello,

I've seen so many differences in the width of YJKYM (relative to the person)
    Mine is a little wider than my shoulders width. I feel this is where I've got the best mobility and stability.

As for knees, I've got a bend in them but again I found that if they're bent too much you break that connection to your foot and have trouble absorbing anything, kinda like the pressure comes out of your knee instead of down to your ankle.

I try to spread my body weight over the whole foot
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

We're taught to do it wider in Biu Gee than in the first form.

Thus i have heard
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Re: Re: how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

Originally posted by KPM

---One shoulder width, knees bent to 1 fist distance between them, body weight over the center of the arch of the foot because this is where the ground reaction force falls.

---Sure! Care to share yours? :-)

Keith

THUS, I HAVE HEARD

between one to one and half shoulder wide. narrow then these will be not nature. wider then this might cause the structure to be strong but will cost it to be not flexible and not response to multi-dimentional resultant force vectors.

slight bend the knees only no stress here for stress here cause the connectivity of the body to break down.

The body weight rest on the outward side or the Yang medirian side of the legs (get a TCM chart to check where is that if you are not familiar with it) of the feet naturally (not push root, not trying to ground, nothing of those at all, those are forcing the stance and turn it into a hard style stance , But instead, allow the mother nature to support oneself naturally) . this will cause the inner of the feet . legs, and inner thight relax BUT naturally able to have Suck-tion (sp) connect with the mother earth and naturally the groin and anus "suck in up" WHEN IT IS NEEDED. The Key words is NATURALLY OBSEVERE. it will reveal. NOTHING SHOULD BE FORCE! TAKE IT BY FAITH FIRST THEN ONE WILL SEE.

as the name said The Parallell feet, Clamping the legs Yang Medirians (naturally by the body weight) stance.

Simple right?

Note: applied to the Red Boat artist ancestors wing chun with NON Broken Arrow platform art only.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 10-22-2004 at 11:41 AM.

So do you turn the toes in to align with the slight bending of the knees? I am not sure of what you mean by parallel feet. Thanks!

Originally posted by PaulH
    So do you turn the toes in to align with the slight bending of the knees? I am not sure of what you mean by parallel feet. Thanks!

dont be a robot. dont measure how parallel are your feet.

you can adjust your toes in slightly to fine tune theintensity of how the body weight naturally sink to your toes and on the yang part or outside of the legs. and the contrast of how the ying and yang side of your legs' condition --- suck-tion, weight resting... to achive a natural equilibrium and firm support.

top chinese secret. you owe five dollars!
    Dont bent your knees forcefully!
    it is all about CONTROL FEEDBACK system. hehehehe

User Disclamer: applied to the Red Boat artist ancestors wing chun with NON Broken Arrow platform art only.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 10-22-2004 at 11:58 AM.

The Control Feedback...How do you deal with sudden heavy force applied on your body with this stance without adjusting too little too late?

Most curious,
    Detective Charlie Chan =D

Originally posted by PaulH
    The Control Feedback...How do you deal with sudden heavy force applied on your body with this stance without adjusting too little too late?

Most curious,
    Detective Charlie Chan =D

1, not goint to tell you. Hehehe. it is going to cost you some vegitarian meal to tell you.

2, you always love to think you are your thinker who is late anyway. hehehehe

3, a Stance is not a Chair. you dont build a stance and sit on it thinking it is a Chair. it is your buddy body who is alive. Not a Chair.

Ha! Ha! I Got Rodney Dangerfield! Somewhere in early November I hope!

Hendrik, Thank you for the last couple of posts you have made. It is a pleasure to read your informative posts without breaking out the code-breaker kit! Hope this new posting method continues.

Originally posted by hunt1
    Hendrik, Thank you for the last couple of posts you have made. It is a pleasure to read your informative posts without breaking out the code-breaker kit! Hope this new posting method continues.

LOL. you are welcome.

Re: Re: Re: how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

THUS, I HAVE HEARD

between one to one and half shoulder wide. narrow then these will be not nature. wider then this might cause the structure to be strong but will cost it to be not flexible and not response to multi-dimentional resultant force vectors.

---Yes. It is a balance between mobility and stability. Too wide and you sacrifice some mobility (and I'm not talking only about stepping...it also affects how you can use your waist/kua to generate power). Too narrow and you sacrifice some stability. KPM

The body weight rest on the outward side or the Yang medirian side of the legs (get a TCM chart to check where is that if you are not familiar with it) of the feet naturally (not push root, not trying to ground, nothing of those at all, those are forcing the stance and turn it into a hard style stance , But instead, allow the mother nature to support oneself naturally) .

---Good point. The YGKYM is a pyramid shape. If everything is as relaxed as is should be, the feel will naturally invert to some extent and the weight will be carried closer to the outside edge. If one is consciously trying to place the weight at some other point by rolling the foot inward, then the legs will not be as relaxed as they should be. KPM

as the name said The Parallell feet, Clamping the legs Yang Medirians (naturally by the body weight) stance.

---Can you be more explicit in your translation? I thought it was "Yee Gee Kim Yeung Ma." "Yeung" not "Yang." KPM

Thanks Hendrick!

Keith

Re: Re: Re: Re: how wide is YJKYM suppost to be?

Originally posted by KPM
    ---Can you be more explicit in your translation? I thought it was "Yee Gee Kim Yeung Ma." "Yeung" not "Yang." KPM

Some body creatively using the Goat to differentiate between a wide horse stance and a Goat stance.

But, the important point is how to "ride" the Goat.

if one stand there with knees choking a Goat that Goat will die.
    If one stand there wide open not holding the Goat that goal will run away.

so, one stand there let the "suck-tion" sucking the goat in a natural position.