Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lay Fut Video Clips Online

Choy Lay Fut Video Clips Online

Hey Brothers & Sisters,

About 2 yrs ago I had to take over handling our website, teaching myself everything and scrapped it and started it from scratch... Now I will try and put some video clips up. Many have asked me to do this, so I will do my best.

Any of you with experience doing this have any advice? I started off with some clips of Master Li Siu Hung from our videos... I am putting the 5 videos we sell onto DVD as I write this message... So I started with that. Also any ideas on where to put the videos on the site or any ideas are welcome...

Here I do many things, so its nice to hear other points of view to make things better...

Also can all of you view these clips? Because I have a Mac, so I am not sure the format is right...

Here is the link:

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com/master.html

Thanks,

Joe

Kung Lek... you do this kinda thing right??? Any advice???
    Last edited by Sow Choy; 10-29-2004 at 12:58 PM.

I cant see any clips yet.
    look forward to seeing them.
    Your Organization gets much respect.

My School is out here in california under Ng Fu Hang.

Peace.
    Bryan.
    Bryan Davis

Hi Joe, and Bryan!

Hey Joe, I am attempting to get video clips going on my website also, so if I figure out how to do it properly, I will let you know...unless you figure it out first! :-)

Hey Bryan, how are things going for you down there? Hope your training is going well.

Sincerely,
    Dutch

Dutch,
    every thing is going good...im working on jau san ma..the running horse form...could always practice more, ya know.

hope all is well.

peace
    bryan.
    Bryan Davis

Bryan,

Did you try and right click the video hyperlink to download the videos? If it didnt work... what happened? Just wanna make sure they work...

Dutch,

Nice to hear from you... How is your sifu? Tell him we miss him over here and hope to get together again soon...

Joe

Joe:

My computer couldn't find anything to view the files with. I think you might need to save it in a way that either Windows Media Player, Quicktime or Real Player can view it.

Talk to ya later.

CLFNole,

It should work with quicktime... Did you try that? it is a .mov file

Anybody know what I am doing wrong???

I have final "Final Cut Pro HD" and "IMovie"

any help?

Joe

Hey....

Try again, I am uploading them as an .mpg

let me know if they work...

Thanks

Where on your site are you placing these clips?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Sorry,

I forgot the link to the page...

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com/master.html

Hmmm.... I'll try them at home. My office machine isn't geared for media.

I did notice when I tried to play them , DivX read them as MPG4. You may want to try saving them "down" a bit to MPG2 or MPG1.

Video isn't my forte though... I'm getting into just now as well.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

it was able to download , It opens with quicktime and plays fine, but for some reason unknown to me my computer initially tried to open it with windows media... it couldn't work with that.

SC,

is the file an .mpg?

i just changed it to that... hopefully it works...

joe

Hey.

Checked it out, site looks good. Nicely organized, lots of content and I like the colour scheme. :-)

I downloaded and opened the video file in mpeg format and played them in windows media player. They worked fine and I grabbed em at a high traffic time too.

Some people may be at work behind a firewall and ergo cannot dl and view films. Or maybe they are experiencing lag etc etc. But Mpeg is a pretty standard format.

Do you want to embed the videos into the page itself so people can watch them at your site?

You can do this using the object or embed tag in the html page that the movie sits on.

Here's an example of what that code looks like to do this:

This tag allows you to insert a video clip into your web page. The starting tag is <EMBED SRC="URL" WIDTH="XX" HEIGHT="XX" AUTOSTART="VALUE"> and the closing tag is </EMBED>. Nothing goes between the two tags.
    URL is replaced with the internet address of the video file. The two XX's are replaced with the desired width and height of the movie and controls. VALUE is replaced with either

TRUE - Movie automatically starts
    FALSE - Movie starts when play button is pushed

PHP Code:
    ....<BODY

<
    EMBED SRC="video.avi" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="150" AUTOSTART="FALSE">
    </
    EMBED

</
    BODY>.... 
    You can make a page that has the video on it. You can put a link to that page as a popup using javascript. It is also sometimes a good thing to produce teh film in a few formats using a conversion tool. so mpeg is good, .mov, wmv, rm and others if you want like avi using the divx codec for small file sixe but good resolution. Some tools are better than others for conversion, Cleaner by www.discreet.com is an industry standard for web ready video conversion.

If you wanna see other code samples or tutorials on stuff lemme know I can send you some kicking links to sites that got that covered.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek,

Thanks alot man, but html is like an alien language to me... I know I should learn it though... I am using Dreamweaver MX which allows you to work without knowing the code...

Recommend any sites like "html for dummies"...?

Joe

Kung Lek,

What you were saying about video on its own page... is that like a streaming video? I have seen this before I think where u watch it off the server of the site... But for dial up people it would suck right?

Joe