Thread: WT Sparring

WT Sparring

This was posted on another forum and is on a Estonian site I think. Its about 7.6mb in size and in places does look like its been speeded up. Strange bit is when guy in guard continually gets knees and elbows to head and looks like he's a vegetable as a result, but is still actually holding on!

http://www.meihua.ee/video/wt_udar.wmv
    Alasdair Kirby
    VingTzun Concepts
    www.vingtzun.co.uk

Okay....

Why is it that all of them lost ALL their technique whenever they tried to do anything?

i thought the whole reason we stress technique is so that it is used when the time comes. It looked no better then a typical high school "arms flailing" fight.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Vankuen!
    Prepare to be flamed by our own partisans of the "I do it the way it work for me" and "can you tell us what is good technique" clan!...