Thread: Teaching MA to women vs. men

Blog Entries

Teaching MA to women vs. men

Do you teach differently to women than you do to men? If so, how and why?
    Do you find that women learn differently from men when it comes to MA?

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

These are generalizations, I can say I've seen men who fit the mold we typically attribute to women, and I have women who train just as hard and fight the same way as men

But as a generalization, women tend to have issues with closeness. They are more felixible than men and are attracted to kicking. They generally dislike any wrestling, takedown or close quarters work.

Women will voice their concerns, especially about being made to do contact drills before they feel ready... men may have the same fears, it's hard to read minds, and they may simply not want to be called a "wimp"

Generally however, if you are sane and progressive, and properly make the transition, women should do contact work and feel fine about it

They should NOT be trained differently in my opinion, but you have to understand their psychology
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

lol would u want some fat greasy slob coppin feels on you?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin