Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sifu Ross

Question Sifu Ross

Got any info on this book and Sifu?

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/lamasword.htm

he posts on the main forum more than this one, so I'm gonna move it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

coolio.
    have a good night

Lo Wai Keung? good teacher, was HK based (still is?) and is student of Choy Yit Gung, famous Lama fighter. Lo Wai Keung wrote a book in Chinese, it's blue, which had first real history and theory of style in public.

This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better...

Also, he start off the form holding the sword scabbard, a pic later it's gone, magic?

2nd half of book has a short training exercise, but with very little explanation. If you are really into having stuff on the style, buy it. But don't expect much
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    Lo Wai Keung? good teacher, was HK based (still is?) and is student of Choy Yit Gung, famous Lama fighter. Lo Wai Keung wrote a book in Chinese, it's blue, which had first real history and theory of style in public.

This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better...

Also, he start off the form holding the sword scabbard, a pic later it's gone, magic?

2nd half of book has a short training exercise, but with very little explanation. If you are really into having stuff on the style, buy it. But don't expect much
    cool, thanks for the quick reply and shakes head and lol's at it's not a lama set.... I have no words for that...is the short ex' lama at least?

least i got another name to find out more info on TLR...maybe i'll stumble on that chinese blue book.
    peace

Re: Sifu Ross

Originally posted by diego
    Got any info on this book and Sifu?

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/lamasword.htm
    The group is call the "Secret sect style" It is another desendent of Lions Roar.

Re: Re: Sifu Ross

Originally posted by CharlesDaCosta
    The group is call the "Secret sect style" It is another desendent of Lions Roar.
    Do you happen to know the chinese name for "Seceret sect style" and have any more info on this sect?

"This book, it's ok, but not great. Sword form is NOT lama, it's Wah San Pai, another system Sifu Lo studied. I guess calling it "lama" sounded better..." qoute sifu ross

what is the english equivalent of Wah San Pai?...never heard of that style before

Re: Re: Re: Sifu Ross

Do you happen to know the chinese name for "Seceret sect style" and have any more info on this sect?

chinese for secret sect is probably: 密宗派

what is the english equivalent of Wah San Pai?...never heard of that style before
    hua san pai, I don't know if there's an english equivalent. hua san is a mountain in china. It is like wudang mountain -> wu dang pai (wutang); o-mei mountain -> o-mei pai;
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 11-24-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sifu Ross

Originally posted by WanderingMonk
    chinese for secret sect is probably: 密宗派

hua san pai, I don't know if there's an english equivalent. hua san is a mountain in china. It is like wudang mountain -> wu dang pai (wutang); o-mei mountain -> o-mei pai;
    interesting with the mountain referance...you lost me with the chinese charachters...how would it be pronounced in chinese is what i meant

Wu Da Hua Shan She translates as Five Big Flower Mountain Society... Basically, this means the society from the five big flower mountains. Perhaps Lions Roar is much ado about the way too. Very cool.

Sorry for the double post, I've no work.

Mi Mi She=Secret Society, also She Bao Mi, Society that keeps secrets...There is also a dozen slangs for such phrases in practically every province of China. These are the two basic sayings from the regular Pu Tong Hwa, "Mandos," but I think there are some more ways people say this phrase in Mandarin too.

Originally posted by TAO YIN
    Wu Da Hua Shan She translates as Five Big Flower Mountain Society... Basically, this means the society from the five big flower mountains. Perhaps Lions Roar is much ado about the way too. Very cool.
    Wah San Pai/Wu Da Hua Shan She
    is that the same thing or?

Wah San Pai/Wu Da Hua Shan She
    is that the same thing or?
    I don't think so.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sifu Ross

interesting with the mountain referance...you lost me with the chinese charachters...how would it be pronounced in chinese is what i meant
    Mizong Pai.

Edit: If that's it then it co-incidentally ****nyminous with the style of Huo Dian, founder of Jing Wu. Or....maybe it has been translated more than once and there was a mistake..like the game telephone:

迷踪派---〉Mizong Pai ---> 密宗派 ---> Mizong Pai.

It's happened before.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 11-25-2004 at 03:07 AM.

Originally posted by TAO YIN
    What you all need to understand is the name "Secret Sect" was taken from Tantric Buddhism. Tantric Buddhism is the actual Secret Sect. A secret sect of buddhism.

They consider the name to be more accurate then the ones that others use: e.g., Tibetan Kung fu, Tibetan white crane, Lama style, ....

And because they considered Hop as only one branch in the system they did not want his name either (i.e., Hop Gar).

AND Yes {again this is usually persud by the chinese only} it did have much ... concerning the Way, or shall I say "ways".