Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro-wrestler vs Shootfighter

Pro-wrestler vs Shootfighter

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Kurt Angle, a former Olympic wrestler, doesn't really have any submission training, I believe. So, it doesn't surprise me that he was caught in the Kimura. If he knew the counters, he had two opportunities to counter- when it was first applied and when they first went to the ground.

Oh, it was a pro wrestling match- nevermind.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 11-10-2004 at 06:52 PM.

I hate to say this but I think the pro wrestler will prob be destoryed. I really enjoy pro wrestling and hope one day that they will one make everything real, if there's a real martial art called "pro wrestling" in the future, I will drop anything I am learn and go for that.

Did anyone else see this? I actually watched that bout because as I was flipping channels the other night, I happened upon this and was actually surprised because it looked like there was an actual, real live takedown happening. And on the WWE? I've never been a big fan of WWE, but I was intrigued because this one was unlike any other bout I had seen, you know, the posturing, the drama, the painfully obvious set-ups, and of course, the predetermined victor.

But on the other hand, bottom line it was a barely interesting diversion.

And if you mean the "pro wrestler" as in Kurt Angle, then yes, I agree, the "pro wrestler" would have been destroyed, and almost was had it not been for the logistics of the event - the WWE being known for what it is, thousands of live, screaming fans, and as I said before, the drama.

OOOH, the DRAMA!!

The whole thing's still a crock. Can you imagine if any one of those guys entered a UFC? I won't even go so far as to mention K1 or Pride for that matter. Well, maybe not Big Show or Undertaker, but Angle?

Less than a snowball's chance in hell, my 2 cents.
    Last edited by tug; 11-11-2004 at 05:56 PM.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

some of the pro wrestlers have done alright in PRIDE. Japanese pro wrestlerrs
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

PRIDE

Ok, so Jun, you are talking about REAL wrestlers right, not the dudes who profess to be REAL wrestlers on WWE?

Just trying to clarify what we are talking about.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Kurt Angle - like 99.9% of all of today's pro wrestlers here in America - has no quality training in the submissions (hooks) that are employed in real Catch-as-Catch-Can wrestling...the origin of today's pro wrestling. Angle has learned "show" holds. The double wristlock (DWL) that he was caught in...(as it has been called in Catch long before Kimura adopted it)...which Angle basically did nothing to try and counter - probably would have been the end of this match if it were real - but this match (like all of today's pro wrestling) was clearly a "work"...no matter how convincing an actor Angle is.

Some of the Japanese pro wrestlers that have been successful in MMA (ie.- Sakuraba)...have had a bit more Catch training than guys like Angle...as well as some training in judo, jiu jitsu, and some striking arts.

There is some great Catch going on here in the U.S. - but it's mainly low profile private and semi-private stuff (ie.- Tony Cecchine and some others) and has basically nothing to do with today's "pro" wrestling.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 11-11-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Did I hear the commentary right? It sounds like Angle was declared the winner.
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Yeah.. 3 taps on the matt means a pin....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Re: Pro-wrestler vs Shootfighter

Originally posted by rogue
    From Bullshido
    Sombody spends too much quailty time at bullcrappo.

I resent that, it's never been quality time.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

LOL!!!!!!!!! bwahahaha

Abel, I was just looking at your sparring clip. What kind of head gear were you guys using? Did you like it?

DM

Now? You wait 'till now?!?!?! After all this time?!?!

Those were the original DuPont Fist gear Full contact helmets. They were a little clunky, but they afforded true contact without accute damage. So we could could go to the face and body more vigorously more times a week. At the higher levels it wasn't "if" you got hit in the head but "when". So they were a welcome addition to our training. You still came out of it with a headache and a sore neck. But you didn't have to get plastic surgery twice a month or look like a caveman.

Speaking of bullcrapoo, I'm giving them a hard time. Its like darrel or dwain, phrost, whatever his name is can no longer stand my mear prescense.

It just so easy to get them going. At least I troll less here if I troll there more. Its like a troll release vitamin.