Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Wins!!!!!

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
    hey american
    dont worry

http://www.aperfectcircle.com/posters/poster07.jpg

well i know i feel better now thanks sifu or i mean supreme leader boy george

Re: Only The Strong Survive

Originally posted by Andy62
    At some point you have to confront evil. The dark side of human nature is always there. Dominance behavior is always there and part of the human equation. Bush reminds me of Winston Churchill who faced all kinds of opposition and criticism for his stand against Hitler. Bush does have a mandate and he knows how to use power.
    yes and i'm sure his prayers to baby jesus which helped him kick the coca and whiskey will pull us all through into a better future today to forever

Originally posted by mortal
    "You dont win anyone over with bullets....."

That is the problem with you liberals. We are not trying to win anyone over. We are fighting a war against terrorists.
    do tell killing innocents and creating more future terrorists gets rid of terrorists how again?

Originally posted by Andy62
    Bush is confident and decisive. If you are going against people who blow themselves up you better be tough. The only thing that a shark respects is a bigger shark.
    lmao i just heard powell say the insurgents are winning...enjoy the waters fishy...

Don't you socalists study history? You have to rise up and kill everyone who disagrees with you if you wanna run a country. Geez.
    Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    That's why I love the left - they just can't stop lieing, and can't even see why that miight be wrong.
    Pssh. The truth is just another tool of bourgeois to oppress the workers!

KC - you need to go back to your history books - it was Republican votes that put the Civil Rights act through - against Democrat resistance. The votes are in the record.
    The Democratic resistance was centred around the Dixiecrats, southern democrats, and not only did they fight it's signing, but in protest, they became Republicans and stayed there ever after. It is the remainder of the democratic party which made that sacrifice, and they did it because they recognized that the end of the stranglehold on blacks in the south wasn't gonna happen under the guidance of whites, but under the independence of blacks in the marketplace and in politics. Additionally, they saw blacks as better allies than southern politicians, in the long run, because southern politicians were still under the habit of protecting interests that made black labor cheap, a weakness they were carrying over from long ago, obviously.

And after that, once Johnson was out of office, the next Republican administration, Nixon's, made virtually no effort to ever enforce the Act on the southern states, cause, well, he was playing politics. No modern president has ever weathered as many race riots as Nixon, because Nixon had no connection to black Americans, because Black Americans knew which party held those who purposefully neglected representing them, which was the GOP.

Democrats didn't "lose" the South, they opted for another plan, one which a group of Repubs also supported, but which they did not enforce during the first lengthy administration in which they'd have the opportunity to.

The voting record is not the history book, MS. The democrats chose to cross their Southern contingent for the benefit of black americans, and the GOP, regardless of their voting record, was not only failing to enforce it during their watch, but but under a Republican Administration the government seemed to be investigating any charismatic young black leader in a highly intrusive manner, while the administration was allowing major race problems to fester into riots, and in every way stealing from their party the prestige and sense of honor associated with actually supporting the Bill's intent.

Using MLK's name is very accurate. It is the modern American left that has turned EVERYTHING into a matter of 'race.' Which is complete and utter BS.
    Perhaps it might be because the modern american right sometimes places infringements on specific groups that are reminiscent of the Dixiecrat's school of vested interest(Dixiecrats being those southern democrats who fought the Civil Rights act and were welcomed into the GOP).

You don't see the patrician millionaire liberals of the Democrat party putting African-Americans into positions of responsibility.
    I hate to break it to you, but I've heard both Condaleeza Rice and Collin Powell referred to by blacks in this region as "the help". Those two can be fired and rehired at George Bush's whim. They are undoubtedly skilled and good people, but their position is still campy to many blacks. Those in politics who have their party's support are those who hold office, and Democrats have the most and the most popular black politicians in our government by leaps and bounds.

It's the Republicans who have put the best people forward, not based on the color of thier skin, but on the content of thier character.
    What's especially nice is they invited a couple of their black friends along.

I don't experience rascism when I'm with the local Repubs, but all I see with the Dems is racism subtle and overt, class warfare, and lots of anger.
    It's hard for me to imagine, I've so often seen you start a conversation that is political in a rational and slur free manner. Perhaps if you got a thesaurus and alternated calling them dispicable with other words like heinous, vile, and reprehensible, they'd take it much better.

Neither party deserves a saintly position, but the anything for power, say anything but what you really stand for method of the Dems is tired. GWB actually is pretty centrist. I'm not particularly religious, but as long as there is tolerance of religions, I'm tolerant of them.
    GWB isn't centrist, and as far as tolerance among the religious right, I'm curious the historical precedent. Recent events suggest they approve curbing the liberty of groups who have broken no crime the government recognizes. What's their history on alcohol and witches?
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 11-04-2004 at 11:53 PM.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

http://www.protestwarrior.org/tshirts.php

I don't agree with all this stuff, but some of it is relevant and funny.

Particularly the Che shirt, the Israel shirt and the War never solved anything shirt.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Moremisfortune: Your response simply proves my point. In which country are you a student? I'll need to send them a letter, as they are apparently wasting their money

KC - I'm about to run into a meeting - I'll do my best to respond today, as I think you will make a more interesting debate 'partner' than some of the brown shirts on here.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Changes to the world atlas

Here are the new maps that will be in the updated world atlases some time this american presidential term-

North America

Middle East

I don't experience rascism when I'm with the local Repubs, but all I see with the Dems is racism subtle and overt, class warfare, and lots of anger.
    Sho' Nuff!
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

"Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the end of the twentieth century and the arrival of
    friendly fascism. Regrettably, millions will die as before. But just think of the tremendous
    selection amd savings you'll gain. Of course the loss of freedom and democracy are
    tragedies, I know, but consider the entertainment value contained within and to remind
    you, it is you, the people, who have mandated this course of our fate so please come
    with me... Look at the new face of power in America. This is your future you can never
    leave. Who said tyranny can't be fun? Friendly fascism, having so much fun, what else do
    you need? You'll learn to like what you must do. If you resist you are suppressed. You
    are told who to fight and when by Bush the Nazi Fascist Friend. Alienating technology
    wipes out our sense of community. Millions will die just like before. We disconnect and
    start the war. We make life a commodity. We turn animals into machines. . Big business and big government distract us with entertainment.
    They manufacture our consent while we destroy the environment."

Lyrics by "Consolodated" 1987. when Bush Sr was in office.

"and the struggle continues"

"Bush won the Moral values vote of the people
    (what a bunch of typical narrow minded horsesh!t.)

1st amendment/Peace/all my best,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Willow, do have trouble finding brown shirts that fit?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Oh, HELL no!

F!@#ing Diebold, man...godD@MNIT!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Least Likely Source

Glad Bush won. Read most of the post and emotions are high and I guess it is to be expected. I did the same thing when Clinton won. Always a positive a negetive on everyone. One side of the coin, both have strong faith and are family men. On the other they have commited war autrosities. Both have kept their word and also broken it. Such is politics. Bush will do better than people will ever give him credit for just as I have to admit that Clinton was not as evil as my emotions tell me he is. The world will continue (unless Hillary wins in 08 and Bill becomes secertary general of the U.N.).

Willow, do have trouble finding brown shirts that fit?
    MS, do you really think alluding to nazis is constructive, here? It's not even particularly accurate - there are a lot of things to disagree with the Democrats/liberals/leftists on, many of which I would have a lot of sympathy for you on, but even taken to their furthest extreme Democratic policies have almost nothing in common with the views of the Sturmabteilung.

Calling liberals "commies", while tiresome and inaccurate, is at least vaguely understandable, since communist movements and Democratic liberalism at least had some common goals. Calling liberals "brown shirts" is just offensive.

I agree that TWS' post wasn't very constructive either, and doesn't add much to the debate, but responding with more insults doesn't accomplish anything, and it makes it more difficult for you to keep up the discussion with people (like KC Elbows) trying to genuinely debate in a calm manner.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn