Thread: But it's only a ring sport

But it's only a ring sport

It would never work on the street. It would never work against multiple opponents. What if they have a weapon. It's only good for the ring.

Nasty surprise for robbers BY R.S.N. MURALI
    SEREMBAN: Four armed robbers fled for their lives when they inadvertently broke into the home of a Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing) coach at Taman Bukit Intan here.

The 28-year-old Muay Thai coach John Yong fought off the four Indonesian robbers when they broke into his home at 2.30am yesterday.

Yong, who was woken up by the screams of his 52-year-old mother, rushed to her aid and saw that two of the robbers were busy tying up her hands while the rest were ransacking her room.

Yong immediately went for them.

He kicked the two robbers who were busy tying up his mother.

They fell to the ground but the other two robbers retaliated by slashing Yong’s right arm and chin with a meat cleaver. He also sustained a shoulder wound after being stabbed with a screwdriver.

Undeterred, Yong continued attacking the robbers, injuring them all.

Realising that they were unable to take on the martial arts exponent, the four fled with only a mobile phone.

Yong’s family members rushed him to a private hospital here for treatment.

When met at the hospital, Yong said he wanted to teach the robbers a lesson as he was infuriated with the way they had treated his mother.

“Luckily, my eight years' experience in boxing came in handy,” he said.

Yong said he fought with all his might against the four robbers, adding: “At one point, I felt like the silver screen hero, Jackie Chan, when I took on the four.”

OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Abdullah said police had launched a manhunt for the robbers.

RECOVERING: Yong being treated at the Seremban hospital Thursday. He is thankful that his eight years experience in boxing has stood him in good stead.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...n/9023628&sec=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

your mom's a ring sport. I hear she's especially popular in indonesia.....

That's it. I'm telling on you.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Dam you!! Now I'll be banned temproarily and you'll make fun of me when I'm gone!!!!!

Maybe they wouldn't have gotten away if he practiced more deadly techniques.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

or if he was training not to fight......

reminds me of that Doctor Kung Fu who stabbed some dudes in his house
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

8 year MT, and they got up enough to run away??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

mmmkay...you take on 4 guys with meat cleavers and shanks....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ever been kicked by one of those guys? Not many would be able to get up after a good shot to the thigh, or knee.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You mean he defeated multiple attackers and the fight didn't go to the ground?

I thought MMA proponents had established that this was impossible, this news must be fake.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    Ever been kicked by one of those guys? Not many would be able to get up after a good shot to the thigh, or knee.

people have been shot withouth noticing it. I'm sure there's all kinds of different adrenaline that play a part in this
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by emre

I thought MMA proponents had established that this was impossible, this news must be fake.
    LMAO oh man
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

LOL! I don't by that bull. Most fights I've witnessed, participated in and seen through various media have not gone to the ground. From time to time people will end up grappling some and a good portion of those are still on their feet. Some guys will get knocked down, but more often then not their assailant then proceeds to kick at them or lean over and hit them.

Most fights go to the gorund is just propoganda from the reality fighting/grappling machine. Much like striking arts claiming to teach you to kill with a single strike.

Most fights I've witnessed, participated in and seen through various media have not gone to the ground
    Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much the same thing for me. Back in my younger days, my friends and I got involved in a lot of bar fights. Most of the guys in my group were sluggers, so we didn't have a lot go to the ground. Most of the time when it did, the guy taking it there was just trying not to get hit any more, and ended up taking more punishment while trying to get it on the ground.

But those guys obviously weren't experienced grapplers, either.