Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum - greetings to all

New to the forum - greetings to all

Hello,

First off, I'd like to say hello to all of the members of this forum. I've found that the discussion to be quite in-depth, touching on many issues from core wingchun concepts/issues to 'out of the box' topics. I've been reading this forum for the past 2yrs and finally bit the bullet and joined. I especially like reading "ernies" posts, he and I seem to have the same street background. By the way Ernie, off topic, but we did have a student of Gary Lam's, named "Nick" who came by to train with us a bit last year.

I currently train under Lo Man Kam Lineage in Oakland, CA.

Off topic, but i was watching Teen Titans the other night and the opening scene showed Robin hammering on a muk jung. Look like he was doing some tan sao/straight punch combo. I thought it was really cool!

Take Care.

J.

Two years of solitude, huh? I think you are indeed more ready for our friendly fire. Welcome on board, J! =D

Thanks Paul. BTW, read some of your articles on Wingchun.org, cool stuff.

I think you must have mistaken me for someone else, bro! I don't remember submitting any articles beside my posts here and everywhere! =D

Hi J.!

So you like Ernie's posts?...Well we will do our best to help you grow out of that pre-adolescent syndrome that could affect your cognitive and neuro-vegetative cerebro/psycho/physical fonctions...As well as causing some mild cases of insomnia associated with post natal chi disorders!...

Your'e welcome BTW!...

Old Jong, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, i am already damaged goods

Pleasure to meet ya!

Welcome to the forum J. This is one of the "civil" ones
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Originally posted by amjg2000
    Old Jong, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, i am already damaged goods

Pleasure to meet ya!

It's never too late!... We have the technology.We can rebuild you,we can make you stronger,faster,we....(didn't I get that from an old TV serie or something?...)

Have a good times here! Pleasure to meet ya too!

You gaffled that from the old Lee Majors in the Six Million Dollar Man series. As of late, there was that cheesy AOL commercial that also pirated that dialog.

J

hey , what's up man , don't listen to Jong his hemorrhoids are flaring up again

this cat nick I don’t remember him , Gary has had a few hundred people come and go over the time I have been there so perhaps if I see his face , did he know me ?
    any way welcome make some noise man it’s fun , glad you like my insanity , trust me { THERE ARE MORE OF US OUT THERE AND WE ARE GAINING MOMENTUM EVERY DAY }

looking foreword to reading your opinions , and hit me up anytime on the private level

I have trained with a few Fong guys and would like to work with some HKM people lets hook something up sometime
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Red face

Ernie, hellz yea dawg! I am down to workout with you anytime. I travel alot for my job, so i may have a chance to be down in your neck of the woods in the next few months. I'll bring my gear and we can train. I've only been training for a few years under Lo Man Kam, so i am certainly welcome to working out with anyone. Any kats in the bay area who wanna workout PM Me. In fact, we have regular get togethers with other schools to roll and stuff. My sifu has gone back east (Aelward), but our school still remains open.

I like your posts cuz frankly you are blunt and sometimes profanely honest! I believe in mixing it up with different cats and styles, "chi sao and forms is not the answer to all"its all bout balance and working all aspects of your game. Developing that mental aggression. WORKING OUT..lifting, doing cardio. blah..blah..blah..

Anyhow i am rambling.

Jong, sorry bout da hemmoroids man. I had em bad too. Went to the doc, he strapped on a rubber band, mofo fell off in a few days and now i am all good!
    "Wing Chun - Strong enough for a man, made by a woman" Kinda like the Arrid Extra Dry commercials.

(By Ernie!) "hey , what's up man , don't listen to Jong his hemorrhoids are flaring up again"
    Thanks for reassuring me Ernie;I thought it was my prostate showing out from...

Originally posted by amjg2000

Jong, sorry bout da hemmoroids man. I had em bad too. Went to the doc, he strapped on a rubber band, mofo fell off in a few days and now i am all good!
    Thanks for the advice but I have that thing about not tolerating "rubber" in that area!...

Originally posted by old jong
    Thanks for the advice but I have that thing about not tolerating "rubber" in that area!...

the sound of me laughing so hard i flipped my chair and scared my cat echoing in the house

J. ,
    any time bro just hit me up ,
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

You sure that the hemmoroid ain't due to doing chi gung da wrong way? Force da chi da wrong way and blow an o-ring..hehehe..jk
    "Wing Chun - Strong enough for a man, made by a woman" Kinda like the Arrid Extra Dry commercials.