Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eminem Encore

Eminem Encore

Just stole it. My first thoughts are:
    agh, this isn't good at all. What happened to his flow? And someone should tell him that he isn't that good of a singer, coz it feels like he sings more than rap. Now, I've never been a big fan of him but I feel he has some (old) songs that are really good. So after hearing Mosh I expected more. It's still full of boring third grader humor concentrating on poop, pee and puke. There's no interesting guest artists.

After listening through it I picked out the tracks that are worth listening too. They aren't many, but they are there:

yellow brick road - ok
    mosh - good
    ass like that - good, actually pretty funny
    spend some time - ok
    mocking bird - the best track on this album. I really feel this one. This is what it should sound like.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Somehow I expected that he fell off. His first two singles were far from his best work. I understandwhat he was trying to do with Mosh, but I'd really expect better from him, especially after having waited so long. He's really talented.

mm

well, I'll stick to Atmosphere and Talib for now. (and Nas when his new drops)
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Atmosphere? I've only heard one joint from him - can't remember the name, I saw the video somewhere - and I didn't care for it. Maybe I should check out some of his other tracks.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I know alotta ppl don't care for what he does, what caught me on was his complex lyrics. Stuff that is really emotional at times. The first tracks that comes to mind are

Modern Man's Hustle
    Onemosphere
    Godlovesugly
    Give Me

Atmosphere? I've only heard one joint from him - can't remember the name, I saw the video somewhere - and I didn't care for it. Maybe I should check out some of his other tracks.
    Definitely look into atmosphere

here is my must have list:
    At least one Aesop Album
    At least two De La Soul Albums
    At least two Albums with Mos Def
    At least one album with Talib
    At least one album with some of the Living Legends
    At least three Wu (or any memebers) album (we all need to get amped sometimes)
    And a few Mobb Deep and CNN (or solo) songs on a mix for when you wanna feal QB thugged out.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Must Have Albums from Chaser

One of or all three of Public Enemys first 3 albums (Nation of millions and Fear of a black planet taking precedence over yo bumrush the show although its still hot)

NWA straight outta compton

Ice Cube : Amerikkas most wanted , Death Certificate or Predator

Nas : Illmatic

Jay-Z : Reasonable Doubt

Big Pun : Capital Punishment, Yeah Baby, Endangered Species

2Pac: All Eyes on me, 2pacalypse now, Staight up nigga

At least one Roots Album

Talib Kweli : Train of thought

Dead Prez : Let's Get Free

Buju Banton : Til' Shiloh

Dr. Dre : Chronic & Chronic 2000

Eminem : Slim Shady Lp, Marshall Mathers Lp

Wu Tang Clan : Enter the 36 Chamber

Gza : Liquid Swords

Cypress Hill : Cypress Hill, Black Sunday

The 2 Live Crew : As Nasty as they Wanna Be

Pete Rock & CL Smooth : Mecca & The Soul Brother

Big Daddy Kane : Big Daddy Thing

GraveDiggaz : The Pick the sickle and the shovel

Snoop Doggy Dog : Doggystyle

A Tribe Called Quest : Low End Theory

Lauryn Hill : Miseducation of Layryn Hill

The Fugees : The Score

Digital Underground : Sex Packets

Boogie Down Productions : everything they ever made

If you get these Albums you won't be dissapointed

Word... Chase throwin' down the correct
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

lol

Eminem Lip Synching on SNL:

http://www.ifilm.com/viralvideo?ifilmid=2653049

I have to add something, and I am incredibly imbarrased that I didn't say it before

Biggie, both Ready to Die and Life after Death
    practice wu de

yall forgot GangStarr and Big L too

how could I...

definately

i feel embarassed too...

Biggie

does big l have a classic album though

gangstarr has at least 2 people would call classic albums

step in the arena for example

Oh Sh1t

and Slick Rick : The Greatest Adventures Of

I've got most of those. For the Wu stuff though, I'd add raekwon's "only built for cuban linx", an pretty much everything from a tribe called quest. I'd add some leaders of the new school, and some old ice cube too.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Big L

Not a huge fan....

Gang starr is in the cd player right now...

It's scarey, we could all prob. go for a few weeks and bat around albums.
    practice wu de

Big L is considered a legend by many. I wouldn't know if his album(s) is classics though but I guess it's how u define it.

Big L - Live in NY