Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IQ and Race

why do i have to have a smaller *****?
    where's my beer?

According to my hotmail inbox, you don't.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    According to my hotmail inbox, you don't.
    It's - 'According to my hotmail inbox, you don't have to'

lol

maybe you hafta learn how to work with what u have?

IQ is a test to correlate with performance in class and not life in general.

Thomas Edison once said that invention is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. So in that sense, IQ is only 1% of factors to succeed.

There are hundreds of breeds of dogs. All seem to have the same IQ. Though, some like Yorkie, some like lab, some like pitbull etc.

Their physical attributes are different.

An African kid may have more sudden explosive powers and endurance. That is why they dominate in sports such as the basket ball etc.

What was the name I forgot. He was a basket ball player and a politician graduated from an Ivy league school (Princeton). He was the contender for the democratic presidential candidate in 2000.

If you know the answer, your IQ is high.

If you do not know the answer, then your IQ is still the same.

IQ like everything else is only arbitrary within a defined context.
    Last edited by SPJ; 11-08-2004 at 05:28 PM.

[waiting on Christopher M. to weigh in]
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

i can't even get the article open..... pdf sucks sumtimes

Originally posted by FuXnDajenariht
    i can't even get the article open..... pdf sucks sumtimes
    Right click on the link, select save target as, or save link as, or however your browser happens to word it, select a folder you can easily access later, download the file, then open it up in a .pdf viewer (check http://www.adobe.com for a free viewer).

Originally posted by SPJ
    IQ is a test to correlate with performance in class and not life in general.
    Correct. Mensa is full of high school drop outs, and many of the richest people in the world have an average IQ.

If you know the answer, your IQ is high.

If you do not know the answer, then your IQ is still the same.
    Memorization really has nothing to do with IQ. That's why there are usually no factual questions on an IQ test, like "Who was the 28th president of America?" If you know that it just proves that you have a good memory, not that you have a high IQ.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by SPJ
    There are hundreds of breeds of dogs. All seem to have the same IQ. Though, some like Yorkie, some like lab, some like pitbull etc.
    Actually, tests have revealed that different breeds of dogs have different levels of intelligence. I believe Border Collie was at the top and Poodle was at the bottom. It may have been Afghan Hound, tho, I forgot which.

The point is, tho, it's hard to test a dog's IQ because of a dog's unwillingness to take a test. You have to structure it such that the dog wants to pass the test (usually "get the food"), but has to use some thinking to do so.

Factors such as a dog's mood or demeanor may influence the outcome.

Greetings,

This thread is a new low for this forum.

I will not question the motivations for a paper such as this, but, there was a time when one of the original definitions for the word "economics" was: the determination of who gets what and why. That definition was buoyed by papers such as these and made the practice of inclusion/exclusion based on race acceptable and justifyable.

If you understand the game, there is nothing to flame.

mickey

Right

7*, toldcha

It went the way it should have. Mickey, I am not sure what you mean by your post ("a new low"): if you read my posts before, then you know my motivation, and if you read all the other posts, then you see what everyone else posted. No flaming, no namecalling, none of that crap.

Sooner or later I'll start another thread about altruism or something similar. I was just testing the waters here, and to 7*'s surprise, it was all good

BTW: That article is bull$****. For reasons y'all already stated.
    You can only imagine the media frenzy a similar study produced here a short while back. Like I said, the police were investigating it, that's how seriously people take stuff like that here. And they should.

OK, we'll talk more later

//mika
    Last edited by Mika; 11-09-2004 at 12:26 AM.
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

When a topic like this comes up there will always be the people who are too PC to discuss it. It sure would be a shame if to admit that one genetic line may have advantages over another in certain areas. Oh no! That's belittling someone's race! Uh-oh, you might hurt someone's feelings!

Hey all you PC'ers, can you at least admit that, genetically speaking, there's a difference between white and black people's skin colors?

Mika,

I did not say that as a statement about you. And please do notice that there was no emotional upset within my post. I simply shared my understanding about how papers like those were used. For me, there is nothing to flame.

But in consideration of the stupidness that has been going on at our forums in the form of personal attacks, it was badly timed.

Try February next time; or, even July 4th.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-09-2004 at 04:19 AM.

IronFist,

Those PC'ers should be busting their assiduities to agree with you.

I will share my observations based on years, and I mean years, of experience. I have amassed a research paper that is 2500 pages long. Unpublished because people cannot use it in their plan to include or exclude, to divert resources, nor to control the success or failure of a people.

Mika, please brace yourself in getting ready for this.

The difference between white skin and black skin:

One is deliciously vanilla; the other tasty chocolate.

As always, love conquers all.

Piece (that's not a mispelling)

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-09-2004 at 04:38 AM.