Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleasure and pain

I kept trying to think of a clever way to call you a hippie in this thread, but I can't. Your juicer just sounds so cool!

What happens to the fruit after you make juice? Does it get diced up like in a blender? Or does it come out as a dried up core? Or what? And what is this 750ml you speak of? Oh wait, that's 3/4 of a liter and I know how much that is. Wow that's a lot of juice!

It's good to see that you're getting good use out of your juicer. Does it get all sticky (from the sugar) if you don't clean it right away after you use it?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Dunno about Tob's, but I definately have to clean mine. I tried juicing up about 9 apples last night and by apple 5 it was starting to clog. **** you Jack Lalane!

Originally posted by IronFist
    I kept trying to think of a clever way to call you a hippie in this thread, but I can't. Your juicer just sounds so cool!
    Lol! Wait until I get the wheatgrass crop going, then you can call me a hippie.
    What happens to the fruit after you make juice? Does it get diced up like in a blender? Or does it come out as a dried up core? Or what? And what is this 750ml you speak of? Oh wait, that's 3/4 of a liter and I know how much that is. Wow that's a lot of juice!
    Well, mine is an auger-type juicer. So there's a graduated screw in the middle that draws the fruit up one end and crushes it against a cone. The hard waste goes out a small hole in the end of the cone and the juice and some liquidy pulp (depending on the fruit/veg) comes out the other end into a collection jug. Mostly I drain out the pulp (it comes with a mesh screen for the jug), but the other night (and last night) I leave it in. E.g. I like orange pulp and watermelon pulp's not bad if there are no stray seeds. Apple pulp - not so good. 750ml - you're learning this metric stuff . But I also put "25 fl. oz." specifically for you .

It's good to see that you're getting good use out of your juicer. Does it get all sticky (from the sugar) if you don't clean it right away after you use it?
    Dunno. I make the juice on the kitchen island bench next to the sink and then put the collected juice in the fridge while I clean the juicer, so I don't leave it long enough to get sticky. I'm sure it would, though, and it might be a pain to clean if hardened fruit got stuck inside. It basically just screws together. Takes about 5 seconds to put together. So taking it apart is simple and I do that and just run it under water. I haven't soaped it up yet because I don't care if it has fruit stains (which it does). Just hot running water, rinse and rub at any fruity areas with fingers. Takes a couple of minutes at most.

Ford, you need an auger juicer . You get a fair bit of pulp with apples (I reckon apples suck for juicing) but if you feed in the odd carrot or celery between apple pieces it will clean out all the pulp. Mine collects in the little screen and every now and then I just tip the screen in the waste bowl, put it back and keep juicing. Easy.

I love fresh juice! I can almost see myself getting a Samson Ultra twin screw machine one day .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Oh, BTW, last night I tried the stomach cramp thing again. 2 oranges, 1 kiwi, 1/2" ginger, 3 carrots, 1 slice watermelon. Made about 600ml juice this time and I put it in the fridge while I did a forearm/stomach workout after dinner. Right before my last exercise (heavy hammer) and after I'd finished stomach stuff I downed it. No cramps last night. Maybe because I had a smaller dinner - two kangaroo steaks, bok choy, broccoli, green beans - and the workout helped me get through some of that first.

It doesn't seem to matter what I put in the juicer - it all tastes so bloody good. I might try a couple of drops of that hot sauce next time kinda like a fruity bloody mary. See how that goes with the ginger.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Exclamation ginger ribs!

this thread reminded me of ginger ribs, and i finally just got the recipe from my old roommate. she made the best ribs ever, and it was all because of her ginger sauce:

1/2 c ketchup (or catsup if you prefer)
    1/3 c soy sauce
    3 Table spoons brown sugar
    1 Table spoon Ginger
    1/2, 1/3, 3, 1

bake the ribs un-sauced for about 30-45, take 'em out and sauce 'em up, then cook 'em for another 15-30. total cooking time should be an hour, so subtract your un-sauce cooking time from 60 minutes and cook them for that long with the saucitude. these are truly uber-good.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Re: ginger ribs!

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    1/2 c ketchup (or catsup if you prefer)
    It's called tomato sauce. That's to-MAH-to, not to-MAY-to.

Thanks for sharing rub (or rub's ex-roomie). I've been using a bit of brown sugar lately for sauces and glazes. E.g. I made a kangaroo chilli meatloaf last weekend with a glaze with brown sugar, to-MAH-to sauce, Worcestestestorshire sauce, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper. Came out alright. Might give some ribs a go this weekend. I got a new Weber a few weeks back, and they'd go well in the Weber.

These threads make me hungry .

Re: Re: ginger ribs!

Originally posted by Toby
    Worcestestestorshire sauce
    LOL.

*shakes head*
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

aye, but it's pronounced wishtoshareyoursistersauce.

****, now i want them ribs. maybe i can convince mrs. buddha to go get some ribs for me.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by Toby
    two kangaroo steaks
    wtf mate?

Um yeah we don't have those over in America. But then again, we have Hungry Man frozen dinners so I don't really care

How does a kangaroo steak taste? I've had an aligator sandwich before, but never kangaroo meat. They would have to import it I guess.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

How does a kangaroo steak taste? I've had an aligator sandwich before, but never kangaroo meat. They would have to import it I guess.
    just try your local PETA community garden -- i'm sure they have a few kangaroo steaks they could sell you.

wtf mate?
    I was just talking about kangaroo on Mat's protein thread and coincidentally had it for dinner last night.
    Um yeah we don't have those over in America. But then again, we have Hungry Man frozen dinners so I don't really care
    *insert throwing up emoticon* Gimme kangaroo over those any day . We don't get Hungry Man dinners, but I've read enough of your descriptions of them.
    Taste? My wife tells me just like kidney, which scares me. AFAIK I've never eaten kidney. I wouldn't voluntarily touch offal. I'm a bit fussy like that. Anyway, a bit gamey, more flavoursome than beef. Maybe an equivalent flavour strength of mutton vs. lamb, if that makes sense. It's probably all in the preparation. I've had venison that was quite gamey before, but I've also had well-prepared elk that was pretty mild, and other elk that was quite strong. Maybe the cut as well. All Australian meats are pretty good for you, except the imported ones. Kangaroo, emu, crocodile, all lean and quality protein. It's the sheep, pigs and cows that are crappy, but that's what we eat the most of. Kangaroo's pretty much the perfect food source over here. They eat and drink a fraction of what European grazing animals would, are lean and muscular and perfectly adapted to the environment. Plus there are millions of them and they don't need to be kept and cared for like European animals. I'm sure they'd do well in the southern states over there if people wanted to breed them.
    I've had an aligator sandwich before ...
    I don't need to know what you and your mates get up to on weekends .
    They would have to import it I guess.
    Dunno. Don't you guys have wild emus in Texas these days?

Yeah, they're god**** fast. I've hit a good few in my time though. The article is sort of right about the danger - this happened a month or so ago in my state. But I never thought of them as dangerous and that seems like a freak occurrence.

I wonder what happened to the Texan ones. Surely they could be butchered for meat ...

some are eaten, some are not

****. That's intense. I wouldn't want him as my doctor.