Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zi Ran Men Kung Fu

Anyone Out There Study Zi Ran Men Kung Fu

Hi everyone,

I study Liu He Zi Ran Men Kung Fu in Melbourne Australia and have found that there are very few schools teaching this style round the world. So I thought I would put the call out to everyone out there to see if there are other pupils out there studying this style.

Here is some info on our style and school for those that may be intrested.

http://www.ziranmen.com
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 11-02-2004 at 06:37 PM.

Do a search. If I remember correctly there is someone who posted here from the Caribbean...Jamaica?

Thats interesting thanks, the more people we can find learning this style the better.

Come on I know there has to be some of you out there!

BlackTiger

I've seen your school at the wushu tournaments more than anywhere else. Very strong and very fit people and the form work looked excellent. I haven't seen any of your guys fight though - although that's probably just circumstance more than anything. I did watch Master Liu(?) give a san shou demonstration with a couple of senior students - but it was just a demo. Is san shou training a big part of what you guys do? Have you guys got anyone entered in the national Kyokushin champs tomorrow? You should try and get down there - should be a good day. It's at the Aquatic Centre from 10am.

Hi Jimbob

Yeah the forms you saw were probably the Liu He form which is the first form in our system, also the hardest, it sets you up for all the others and gets your foundation and strength right up there. In terms of contact comps we have not really been in any of them unless the Master and some senior students have been in some but I am unsure of that side of things. In terms of San Shou we do stepping but I am unsure of the extent to which it is part of what we do as I am pretty new, only been training a year and a half or so...But the stepping part is used in drills alot. In terms of the comp on the weekend my teacher went and had a look.

Hi Blacktiger

I am pretty interested in Zi Ran Men and wish to learn a few thing about it from you. Is your style external or internal, hard or soft.

Hi how are you going,

Its a combination of internal and external, lots of chi kung work as well and we have the Liu He in there too. You would have heard about Grandmaster Wan Lai Shen he is the most famous master in our system. Basically what we are taught is to attack as softly as cotton and land with the force of steel. I will include a link to our school website and you can check it all out

Its all there!

http://www.ziranmen.com/homepage.htm

Originally posted by Blacktiger
    Yeah the forms you saw were probably the Liu He form which is the first form in our system, also the hardest
    That seems a bit weird. When do you learn the first form?

Also, do you guys fight/spar in class?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Not really we do 2 small forms that are elements and movements taken from the Liu He form so you get your body used to moving in that particular way and then after that its onto the big one. Once you get onto that the fitness and strength needed brings your skill level right up it really breaks you in.
    In terms of sparing, I think the advnaced guys do but you dont get to do that until you learn to be able to control your movemnets a bit more.

Thanks Blacktiger, that's really interesting from what I have seen so fatr Zi Ran Men is very similiar to Tai Chi. It is still very well unknown here in Canada and I can't find a single Zi Ran Men school around. I truly hope that Zi Ran Men's influence will grow in the future and may there be more Zi Ran Men school around.

Its sort of like Tai Chi intrenally, there is lots of a stepping and lots of circular movement.

And you are right Zi Ran Men is so rare there are very few schoools around, we have found one in New York, Japan, South Africa and thats about it really and of course China, but even in China it is still tucked away. We are just so lucky In Australia that Master Liu (5th generation linage holder of Zi Ran Men) decided to move here. It gets you so excited for training every dy to think that this is all stuff Wan Lai Shen and all the other masters have passed down...Love it

BT, can you give me a location here in NYC? I'd be very interested in sitting in on a class or three.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Blacktiger, is there any Zi Ran Men school in Vancouver, Canada?