Thread: bung bo sub baad sou clips

bung bo sub baad sou clips

I'm starting to get things together for posting more clips and re doing the other clips. In the meantime for practice I put up an edited quick clip I did of bung bo and sub baad sou. The only thing is the sub baad sou came out really dark... Does any one know how to fix this? I can just adjust the brightness on my media player but I don't know why that one came out so dark and the bung bo came out light. They were recorded at the same time with the same amount of light. Any way here is the link.

http://shirkers.freewebpage.org/
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Thanks for sharing.
    I'm guessing you are the one in the cap?

As far as the lighting goes, you must have had the camera on automatic exposure. It balances the brightest light with the darkest black for ita average. try filming in a place with light that is a bit more "even".

Out of curiosity, who was your teacher?

Thanks again,
    ~BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

clips

Yes the older two man clips I'm in the beanie. As you can tell from the form vids I have longer hair. Well all of the clips but the form clips were shot at night so I know why those were dark. But the bung bo and sub baad should have been the same, yet after I compressed them down they came out completely different. One darker than the other.

I'm an old student of Mike Biggies. I no longer live in ohio so I have to take trips back there to train with him when ever I can.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

Video tips

Shirkers,

Because of how you had the camera placed, you created a situation where you were backlight (the camera adjusted to the lit area by the pool). Next time, shoot in the daytime with the sun behind the camera; it's the best possible light source.

Also, compress to another format other than .avi, such as .mpg or .mov or even .wmv. .AVI is an editing format, so it doesn't look good on the web, compared to these other formats. You might be able to tweak the levels or brightness/contrast in your editing application before you encode.

Send me a PM if you have any more questions. Looking forward to meeting you in Ohio.

- The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

:)

Thanks shadowboxer. I'll try the camera placement next time but still. Both vids are the same brightness before I posted them after posting them sub baad was super dark, so I think the problem happened during compression. But either way I'll try it differently next time I actually record the stuff. I just ran through those sets quickly to test my editing stuff any way.

Yeah looking forward to meeting you as well. Should be a lot of fun. I'm actually going to be there wed through the next week since I'm from there, do some visiting among other things.

later,
    mark

HELP

Okay so I re recorded with a better light source
    bung bo
    laan dzeed
    sub baad sou
    haag foo gow tsaa
    and some basic hands and feet

Now my camera saves it as a MOV file each about 7.9 meg each. I need to edit them to cut out camera set up and endings which should cut them down to around 5. I can only upload 5 meg and under at a time to my site.

Problem is that VIRTUALDUB doesn't work with MOV files. So when I convert the MOV files to AVI or something else that virtualdub reads it kicks it up to 30 to 40 megs each video. How can I make the files smaller again?????? I'm ready to throw these f'n computers out my window!!!

can avi videos be played on a vcd player?

Re: HELP

Originally posted by shirkers1
    [...]virtualdub reads it kicks it up to 30 to 40 megs each video. How can I make the files smaller again??????
    Use DivX for a compressed avi format. Check out guides and software here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

N.

thanks -n- I'll read it when I get into work hopefully I can get some stuff up today.

If you need a place to host them pm me, my webspace has about 800 megs free, I can give you ftp access to my site to post them.

Let me know.

Mike
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

:)

Thanks whitemonkey, right now I think I have a place to host them but I can only load 5 megs at a time so that is where my problem is. Now I'm trying to find some free software to convert avi to mpeg. I finally found one that works but it puts it's banner in the middle of the screen. Argh. the search continues.

thanks again.

mark

SUCCESS!!!!

So I figured it out and I'm working on posting the clips now, so check back frequently for all the new stuff. I have bung bo up now go in number and or letter order.

mark

thanks for all the help guys, enjoy.

Mark,

What kind of camera are you using? Never heard of a camera saving files as .mov.

Windows Media Player 9 has a free built in encoder. You can make .wmv files for sure that will be good quality and small file sizes.
    - The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

camera

Olympus c-730 digital camera. It's my roommates, his card is huge so I can shoot video with it. Everythings cool now though I finally after many months of trial and error figured out how to do it and best of all for free, which was my gaol. So the vids are mostly up now and more to come. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Forms

I saw you doing your forms. Good stuff. Definately can tell you're from the WHF line.