Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 star mantis clubs

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you have alot of good info.

Dave

You can read my profile or PM me for details.

Have a good day.

Hello davemantis ,
    I train under Shifu Paul Drummond and have since 1987 . He teaches 7 Star as passed down to him from his shifu , the late Grandmaster Mo Lam .
    Hello Paul and thankyou for your honest reply , I did not mean to cause any offence . Your shifu Derek is well respected as is your Grandmaster Lee Kam Wing .
    It is great to hopefully have your views and opinions on this forum . It would seem that the rest of the world needs a reminder that 7 star is well represented here in the U.K.
    more sweat in training , less blood in combat

Originally posted by FEELERSTRIKE

It would seem that the rest of the world needs a reminder that 7 star is well represented here in the U.K.
    Hmm, well, where is that "U.K."???

Just kiddin´. I also think that is a good thing, that more people from the U.K. join the forum!

BTW: Please Paul, send Sifu Derek my best wishes when you see him next time! The last time when I med him was too short ... but it was great!
    If you can´t change the world - change yourself!
    And if you can´t change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site

Greetings

Hello GBL ,
    I,m sure that you are well aquainted with the 7 star scene in the U.K. hopefully you can get more of the U.K. guys to join all the debates here . The community in EUROPE is well represented as well as in the USA .

Hi Jochen Wolfgramm from Germany

I can give your best wishes to Sifu Frearson on Sunday as im of down there for a visit.

Dave

Hi Dave, Don't eat too much dim sum!

Feelerstrike, I spoke to your sifu some years back and hold him in high regard. I have seen the bung bo/tong long sau tape and Sifu Drummond also sent me a forms list. It would be nice to see traditional mantis sifu getting together and promoting the art more.

Its good to be posting again rather than just reading the discussions.

How did you know I was getting dim sum??? Anyway Im not just going for the dim sum I m getting some new toys for Christmas.

So how many people on the forum are from the Uk???

I think the biggest problem will be getting people to work together. But it would be good if we could work together to promote Mantis in the Uk.

Dave

Hello Paul T ,
    You are also known to us . It would be great to get the u.k. 7 star mantis schools to pull together to promote the style and their own lineages as a whole , as we are quite unique and as far as I know do not have any WHF lineages here . It is good to here that LKW's 7 Star has a strong following , Shifu Derek is doing a good job in helping it expand .

Hey people!!

Im new to mantis and wingchun and have just last week recieved my red sash-now to aim for my black . I train with sifu Alan in peterborough and in the past 5 months that ive been training hes been such an inspiration to me - I love our association and the people.
    Felerstrike you we're a bit condisending/harsh with your intial post but its all good in the end.

Dave and Paul. It good to finally see some people who are under the same lineage on here. Maybe one day ill meet you guys at some random seminar or something
    Craig
    Last edited by monkeyfoot; 12-11-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Hi Craig,

Good to see other uk mantis people on here, especially LKW lineage. Please give my regards to your sifu.

Best wishes in your training and don't forget about ITSWAs Summer Camp at the end of July. Sigung Lee will be teaching again and both Dave and I are likely to be there.

Paul