Thread: Robert Chu Seminar

Post Robert Chu Seminar

Hello

I am very proud to sponsor my Sifu, Robert Chu in his first San Diego seminar. The details are below and I would like to encourage anyone who can make it to San Diego to come.

Robert always puts on an incredible seminar and I feel we can all grow from experiencing his methods.

I am opening my school for those that cannot or do not want to stay in a hotel and some of my students have also offered to host guests and guide them around San Diego.

I have a special group rate listed below.

Robert Chu Wing Chun Seminar in San Diego California!
    When: January 29th and 30th 2005
    4993 Niagara Ave Ste 109
    San Diego Ca, 92107

Robert Chu will be teaching a two-day seminar covering the concepts and body structure methods of Wing Chun. Sifu Chu specializes in the combative application of Wing Chun and this promises to be an eye-opening seminar for anyone not familiar with his practical and direct methods. The two information packed days will cover the Wing Chun body structure, the conceptual model of fighting and application as well as Chi Sao and Gor Sau (Combative) methods from the forms and dummy. Robert Chu will also make himself available for a limited amount of private and small group lessons for those interested students. Sifu Chu will also be available for private and small group lessons. To find out more about Robert Chu, please visit www.chusaulei.com.

“Every time I attend a seminar taught by Sifu Chu, I find my understanding increases dramatically. Meeting him opened my eyes to the efficiency of the Wing Chun combative method.”

Robert Chu is an internationally respected teacher who has taught Wing Chun Seminars in Germany, England and across the United States. Sifu Chu began practicing the martial arts in the early 1970s. He specializes in combat application with a focus on the Yip Man Wing Chun Kuen system as taught by Hawkins Cheung and the Yuen Kay-San and Gulao Wing Chun Kuen systems as taught by Kwan Jong-Yuen. He is the co-author of Complete Wing Chun, (Charles E. Tuttle Co., Inc, 1998) and has written many articles for Inside Kung Fu, Martial Arts Legends, Inside Martial Arts, Martial Arts Combat Sports and other publications, in addition to his regular monthly column, Wandering Knight, which appears in Martial Arts Combat Sports magazine. He teaches privately in the Pasadena, California area.

Seminar Tuition:
    Day of the Seminar:
    1 Day $135
    2 Days $250

Pre-reregistered Guests (Before January 15 2005)
    1 Day $100
    2 Day $200
    Group Rate
    2 Days for 5 people $800
    Larger Groups please contact me!

Please send all checks or money orders to:
    Dave McKinnon
    10299 E Scripps Trail #108
    San Diego Ca, 92131

For questions regarding the seminar, hotel locations or other details,
    please contact me through www.wingchunfaat.com or call 619-246-2977.

Dave McKinnon

Red face

Just so it doesn't slip away before everyone has a chance to look at it

Dave

Awesome! Anyone who can should check it out!

Thanks Rene,

This will be a great event. I already have a good group of people interested in training with Robert.

The information is top caliber and the venue is really great.

Dave

No worries, hope y'all have a great time.

So anyone planning on attending?

Dave

We host seminars in Germany with Sifu Robert Chu. He is a excellent teacher and I´m looking forward to meet him next year.

Andreas Hoffmann

Thank you Sifu Hoffman.

I hope I can see you again as well, I enjoyed your LA semianr.

Sifu Chu is very educational and can backup his talk.

The bottom line is if you’re interested in improving your art, regardless of your lineage, style or method you should be here.

I guarantee that you will find it invaluable.

Dave

Wow,

Had a great weekend training and have had a group of San Diego Wing Chun folks commit to coming.

Hope to see you all there.

Dave

Good luck Dave sure it will be fun , passed the word to few cats i know out that way hope they give you a call
    have a blast man
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

As I have only limited free time every Saturday's early afternoon, I wish other folks a good time there with Robert Chu and Dave's group in San Diego. I enjoyed listening to many interesting ideas that he graciously shared with me during the last LA friendship meeting. =D

...and what about WingChun Friendship Seminars? Don't you organize it no more?

Originally posted by VingDragon
    ...and what about WingChun Friendship Seminars? Don't you organize it no more?

The Wing Chun Friendship Seminars were organized by myself, Rene Ritchie and John Crescione. We haven't had the opportunity to do one since our last one which was in Los Angeles in 2001. Previous locations were Victoria, Canada, Dayton, Ohio, and Rochester, NY. Though I am looking towards Chicago for the next one hopefully.

The LA friendship meeting is a local gathering, and while along the same lines (we hoped the idea would spread), not the actual "Friendship Seminar".

Marty
    Watchful Dragon

thanks for the info

I was invited there a few times, when I was in Poland, but then I had no opportunity to come. Idea of the seminars was great; that's why I'm asking about "the friendship". I don't know Robert Chu personally but I do belive that he is a good Wing Chun teacher

Derek

The Album