Thread: Chan Kwok Wai

Chan Kwok Wai

Just wanted to say how nice Grandmaster Chan Kwok Wai is and if anyone is ever in Sao Paulo Brasil, to go check out his school...

His son Sifu Thomas Chan is a great guy too and very fun to talk to... I was honored to take Grandmaster Chan Kwok Wai out for dinner and enjoyed talking to him about many things, and I also wanted to extend a greeting to any of his students on the forum...

Joe

Chan Kwok Wai

We ran an article on Master Chan back on our Oct 2000 issue - that's not online on our site, but it is online on a Brazilian site that translates some of our selected articles into Portuguese - if you can read that, check this out
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene,

Kung Fu Magazine is very lucky to have you... You are great at promoting... Wish I could afford to hire you for school!!!

Miss ya bro,

Joe

promoting...

...it justifies me being on the forums on the clock. For those of us who make our living in the martial arts, it's sort of a perk. I imagine you can do it too, Joe, in your own way, for your products
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hei!

So you have met my sifu! I am glad to read this.
    What were you doing in Sao Paulo?
    I have been studying with GM Chan Kowk Wai from 1990. Yes, he is a very nice person too.
    Kindest REgards
    Horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

Hello Horacio,

I practice Choy Lay Fut, my sihing was a student of Chan Kwok Wai and also trained with some of his students there in Sao Paulo. His name is Paul Fraga. Paul Fraga has 3-4 students in Brazil who teach Choy Lay Fut, 2 in Sao Paulo, 1 in Joinville, Santa Catarina and 1 in Rio...

GM Chan had a student who moved here to South Florida USA years ago, I think in the 80's or 90's named Kenny Chin I think, so there are some people here who know Northern Shaolin... Paul has taught me Dun Da, Moi Fah & Sup Baat Sao (mantis), so I was very excited when I 1st met him back in 2002 I think it was...

Check out my schools website to find my KF brothers in Sao Paulo if you are there, GM Chan and our school are very close, I took him to dinner last November, and Thomas is a great guy too...

www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

Take Care & Best Wishes to GM Chan, Thomas and all at your school, Please Tell them I said hello and Happy New year (Gong Hay Faat Choy)!!!

Joe Keit
    Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu
    Florida USA

Great photos

Thanks a lot for your nice reply, I will send Sifu your regards. BTW I live in Buenos Aires Argentina, so I travel frecuently to train, for that reason we havenīt met when you were in Sao Paulo.
    Please visit my website and enjoy a lot of good photos of GM Chan and suffer my poor technique jajajaja
    Take Care
    Horacio
    BTW there is a student of mine there in Miami training with you! Marcela Dufau.
    Horacio Di Renzo

our website in Baires

Horacio Di Renzo

Horacio,

Yes, now I know who you are... Marcela has excellent Kung Fu and is a great person, I have not seen her much as I am only in the main school on Mondays and Fridays...

I hope you can come to visit one day or we meet down there... Please stay in touch...

Joe Keit